Adam Knollmeyer to Missouri S and T

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

david, shiva by definition is seven days. so you need to try a different thesaurus.

imo, there is no need to EVER have to discuss it in a negative sense. they are gone. let them be. no need to riducule them as you have.

david, shiva by definition is seven days. so you need to try a different thesaurus.

imo, there is no need to EVER have to discuss it in a negative sense. they are gone. let them be. no need to riducule them as you have.

Who has and how has anyone ridiculed them?

Who has and how has anyone ridiculed them?

Brian. Don't believe Nark intentionally ridiculed them but Roy does have a point: calling someone a D2 player, IMO, is similar to calling a good program "mid major." This Board howled (and rightly so) over such name tag. How is that any different?

As I believe Rich pointed out, they were recruited and played for SLU - a D1 school - and therefore they are D1 players. The fact that they left for personal and playing time reasons to a D2 school does not warrant a negative name tag. The timing was a little bad and makes us fans look bad. No rational Billiken fan can be proud of the recruitment and handling of these guys but apparently is a fact of modern day college athletics. Obviously, other programs do the same and we are no different. While I have no problem with the actions taken by RM because I believe it best for the program and the remaining players, I do believe we should respectful of the players and their families/friends.

At the same time, Nark's comment was not so bad as to be worthy of a 100 posts - especially from Roy who has been, IMO, overly critical of RM and past players. IMO, this thread should be locked and we should be talking about any possible new recruits - 2 days left.

Brian. Don't believe Nark intentionally ridiculed them but Roy does have a point: calling someone a D2 player, IMO, is similar to calling a good program "mid major." This Board howled (and rightly so) over such name tag. How is that any different?

As I believe Rich pointed out, they were recruited and played for SLU - a D1 school - and therefore they are D1 players. The fact that they left for personal and playing time reasons to a D2 school does not warrant a negative name tag. The timing was a little bad and makes us fans look bad. No rational Billiken fan can be proud of the recruitment and handling of these guys but apparently is a fact of modern day college athletics. Obviously, other programs do the same and we are no different. While I have no problem with the actions taken by RM because I believe it best for the program and the remaining players, I do believe we should respectful of the players and their families/friends.

At the same time, Nark's comment was not so bad as to be worthy of a 100 posts - especially from Roy who has been, IMO, overly critical of RM and past players. IMO, this thread should be locked and we should be talking about any possible new recruits - 2 days left.

I don't get how saying a kid is better than 97% of the kids that have ever played high school basketball is a slap. That is what being a D-2 player means.

I have a hard time feeling bad for any kid who is still going to go to school for free. Their first choice didn't work out for them. This happens to many non-athletes, but they don't get the fall back of going to another school were they don't have to pay for a thing.

These kids still are getting a better deal than most college kids could ever dream of.

Hey ... we agree. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. It should end, and we can start a new debate about something silly .... it is the off season.

I really never agree with you Flaming Footes Trollsund but me thinks that blind squirrel just found his nut.....

wow, if bozo rich is agreeing with me perhaps I should reconsider! While rich's cyberstalking has subsided, I'm uncomfortable with his interest in my nuts. ;)

How hypocritical can you be? You repeatedly call Ian lazy. For years, you trashed Tom Timmerman. You take uncalled for cheap shots at Nate at every turn. You belittle every MU fan and graduate. You publish conspiracy theories against Mike Smith and the PD. You have publicly attacked most of the AD's office. You trash Majerus to everyone who will lend an ear. I could go on and on. And yet, you find issue with my fact-based comments regarding two former players, one of whom you formerly claimed was not worthy of a scholarship offer from SLU.

David, it's obvious that roy has done all of the things you mentioned. It was just a little suprising to see you go there. No big deal.