You know what.....Screw Josh!

brianstl

He is little more than a lying rat. He used the people of St Louis and he used Bernie. I hope Bernie rips him and whoever contacted Bernie about his "plight" a new one. His backing out at WIU probably cost DT, a good guy and who was one of few who believed in him originally, his job. Screw him. I hope he rides the bench down there.

I feel dirty for wanting this kid in the first place. All that talk about his family being the reason why he wanted out at WIU was a lie. There maybe a family situation, but that had nothing to do with him wanting out of WIU.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is little more than a lying rat. He used the people of St Louis and he used Bernie. I hope Bernie rips him and whoever contacted Bernie about his "plight" a new one. His backing out at WIU probably cost DT, a good guy and who was one of few who believed in him originally, his job. Screw him. I hope he rides the bench down there.

I feel dirty for wanting this kid in the first place. All that talk about his family being the reason why he wanted out at WIU was a lie. There maybe a family situation, but that had nothing to do with him wanting out of WIU.

I thought you were classier than that. Let it go.

Take a deep breath. Majerus has brought us into a new era. There will be other disappointments and other causes to celebrate. We have to maintain our cool and character.

GOOD LUCK TO JH AT UK

I thought you were classier than that. Let it go.

Hey I didn't lie and use a columnist to get out of my NLOI. I wasn't the asking people in St Louis to apply pressure to WIU because of my plight. I didn't turn my back on the one person that believed in me originally. That is what Josh Harellson did. I was giving this kid the benefit of doubt, he proved me wrong.

Everybody has known all along the family issues were a bunch of crap. But, obviously, not many people wanted to say it since he may have come to SLU. I for one was willing to let it go because we need a center. And i want a winning program...bad. Now that he's gone, I could care less. His whole handling of the wiu situation was trashy at best. he would have helped us tremendously. I hope he has a crap career at Uk and turns out to be a complete bust. I know that is bad, but I could care less. It's the way i feel.

Hey I didn't lie and use a columnist to get out of my NLOI. I wasn't the asking people in St Louis to apply pressure to WIU because of my plight. I didn't turn my back on the one person that believed in me originally. That is what Josh Harellson did. I was giving this kid the benefit of doubt, he proved me wrong.

Brian I am feeling the same thing right now, if he really lied then let Karma take its course..

Don't you think it was Majerus using Micklasz to pressure WIU? So it backfired. Harrelson may have truly wanted close to home until the big boys started calling. Frank C. is a big Kentucky fan. It'll be interesting to get his take tomorrow.

I was giving this kid the benefit of doubt, he proved me wrong.

You said it all with this sentence. He's only a kid. What is he, 19 or so years old? He has Kentucky glory in his eyes. We have some solid kids coming in who could have done the same, i. e., BT could have gone to IU but he didn't. Let's give credit to those kids that chose SLU. Majerus will have others coming.

Don't you think it was Majerus using Micklasz to pressure WIU? So it backfired. Harrelson may have truly wanted close to home until the big boys started calling. Frank C. is a big Kentucky fan. It'll be interesting to get his take tomorrow.

I don't think so on this one. Somebody close to JH had to at least confirm all this for Bernie before he would run with it as strongly as he did.

While I am disappointed, how can you be upset with the kid for accepting an opportunity to play for Kentucky. I wish him well and hope he has a great career. Keep this in perspective, just a couple of weeks ago Harrelson was only a remote possibility for us. We already had a very nice recruiting class without him. We still do. He would have given us valuable experience at his position to relieve the pressure on the freshmen but I am thrilled with our class and really doubt that Rick is finished adding new players for next year. It is difficult for us die-hards to be objective about Josh's decision but it is not hard to understand.

I don't think so on this one. Somebody close to JH had to at least confirm all this for Bernie before he would run with it as strongly ed

Let it go, man. You know college recruiting is a scummy business; what's wrong with a kid playing the system when coaches do it all the time. The guys I'm really irritated at are the coaches at SWIC. They seem to be douchebags to me, because every time we get close to one of their kids they are always persuaded to go elsewhere. That's right, you're on my S list Harrington. I'm sure you're quaking in your boots.

Would he be a lying rat if he chose us?

Good luck to Josh, if that is his choice. He said he'd announce tommorrow so I'll wait to hear it from him. Every kid should go where they think the opportunity is best for them. If Josh feels that is Kentucky, I wish him well. There are enough players and we will get our share, in fact the getting has begun. We have a great class coming in.

Let it go, man. You know college recruiting is a scummy business; what's wrong with a kid playing the system when coaches do it all the time. The guys I'm really irritated at are the coaches at SWIC. They seem to be douchebags to me, because every time we get close to one of their kids they are always persuaded to go elsewhere. That's right, you're on my S list Harrington. I'm sure you're quaking in your boots.

Then save me the the heartache story Josh. I don't get pissed like this for every recruit we lose. It was the story that was involved with the whole thing that has me pissed. I know it is a dirty businees. I was the fool for taking this kid at his word. I will root for Suggs at UW, Brandenburg at UVA, and even hope for the best for the McCluer kids at SIUC, but forgive me if I could care less about what happens to JH at UK.

Would he be a lying rat if he chose us?

Good luck to Josh, if that is his choice. He said he'd announce tommorrow so I'll wait to hear it from him. Every kid should go where they think the opportunity is best for them. If Josh feels that is Kentucky, I wish him well. There are enough players and we will get our share, in fact the getting has begun. We have a great class coming in.

Well since we are closer to his family than WIU......no.

While I tend to feel as if I should wish him well in all his endeavors, there is a part of me that knows that he used us, so of course that pisses me right off. However, this is college basketball recruiting, what are you going to do. Rick had to expect this and he has definately prepared accordingly. It would have been a great situation to get him, but oh well, his loss. We will continue to build a winning program without him. That said, good luck to you Josh.

While I tend to feel as if I should wish him well in all his endeavors, there is a part of me that knows that he used us, so of course that pisses me right off. However, this is college basketball recruiting, what are you going to do. Rick had to expect this and he has definately prepared accordingly. It would have been a great situation to get him, but oh well, his loss. We will continue to build a winning program without him. That said, good luck to you Josh.

I hope you're right about RM being prepared for a "no" from JH, but it sure doesn't seem that way.

As for JH not sticking to his word, well, so it goes. I wish him well.

JH screwed W. Illinois. We all knew his 'family' reasons was BS but didn't say anything - are we better?

JH didn't screw or use SLU. He had a difficult choice to make and made it. Best of luck to him (I think he'll ride pine at UK, but so it goes). It's a tough business and we have to move on.

I don't mean to look suspicious as this is my first post on the board... but I'm a longtime reader (way past the days of the old board), and finally you guys got me riled up enough to post.

You people don't know Josh, and he IS NOT lying about family problems. This isn't the place to disclose them; you may or may not believe me but don't think that all is peachy in the Harrellson household(s). Josh is good kid and made the choice he believes is right for him. You guys don't have the right to call him a liar when you have no idea what the true circumstances are. He may have used SLU to get his release, but put yourself in his position. When UK comes calling, you are going to listen if your opinion is unbiased at all. I would've loved to see Josh in a SLU uniform, but us message board lurkers have no say in that. Be happy for a hometown young man who has a great opportunity in front of him.