Interesting article about Brad

Pretty amazing story. I have no ill-will for him like most on this board. However, if he goes to SMS I'll hope he fails there too. The nature of the business is tough but I'll probably never live in a million dollar home and I work pretty hard too.

Pretty amazing story. I have no ill-will for him like most on this board. However, if he goes to SMS I'll hope he fails there too. The nature of the business is tough but I'll probably never live in a million dollar home and I work pretty hard too.

You really think most on the board have ill-will towards brad?

The story was interesting. But the divine intervention stuff was a little over the top.

The story was interesting. But the divine intervention stuff was a little over the top.

I was a Brad basher for his failure to recruit. That said, I hope he lands on his feet. The prospect of losing your home or declaring bruptcy is something you'd wish on no one. Well, not no one. I wouldn't mind seeing The Donald go down. But back to Brad, I think he's going to find landing a D1 HC job pretty difficult. My guess would be SMS is not going to take a SLU reject. Too many fans and boosters would yell and scream he couldn't get it done here, so what's changed. The Marymount job maybe a stretch as he has little west coast connections. I think his best bet is landing as an AC at BCS or high mid-major. Sorry, but his resume does not scream future success for a program.

I'm glad things worked out for him. I think he would be a good fit at Western Illinois. I wonder why he isn't interested in that job. I know it would be considered a step down the coaching ladder, but I doubt if he's going to get any head coaching offers that would be considered a lateral move. His stay at SLU was treading water and no one wants to hire a head coach to preserve the stats quo.

I'll never have ill will for Brad Soderberg. Recruiting was his achilles heal but has anyone ever had an unkind word about the man as a person? There are many jerks in the D-1 coaching ranks. Brad Soderberg resoundingly is not one of them. The guy could have blasted SLU in the media for the timing of his firing. They effectively put him on the sidelines for a year. But Brad took his firing stoically with dignity. I admire that.

I'll never have ill will for Brad Soderberg. Recruiting was his achilles heal but has anyone ever had an unkind word about the man as a person? There are many jerks in the D-1 coaching ranks. Brad Soderberg resoundingly is not one of them. The guy could have blasted SLU in the media for the timing of his firing. They effectively put him on the sidelines for a year. But Brad took his firing stoically with dignity. I admire that.

Brad still needs a job and he does not need to make enemies by running the mouth. I am sure if he makes the Loy-Marymont short list, the head Jebbie would call Fr. Bondi and ask what he thinks of this guy. Now if he gets the Loyola, SMS or WIU job and gets a long-term fat contract, he can say what he wants :lol:

Knowing Brad, I don't think he like that. I don't recall any ill will against Wisconsin when they let him go.

Most have said what I think we all feel --- I believed Levrick that keeping him was a good move. But in hindsight, I faile dto see his talent evaluation shortcomings. But he was getting a new gym and that class was going to be make-or-break, I just did not see anyone out there able to do anything different --- but that didn't factor in Majerus.

I think what is missing here is that Brad said he "coached" for 23 yaers. We all know he wasn't a HEAD coach inthose 23 years. Some were assistant positions even like the one he had before he headed the program here. So I think he wants to coach but we are the ones adding the meaning "head" coach. His resume is not one that makes a program run out and hire him. Sure, a Western Illinois might but given who they just fired, why would they hire another with Saint Louis University ties right now? His best hope is as an assistant right now, and his kid comes as a package deal. That's wehre I think he'll land.

No my wording was bad. I think most people here have no ill will towards him of which I don't as well.

I agree. None here either, i wish him the best.

I hope he and Kramer go to Mo State. It is a good fit for them and certainly would keep them in the P-D coverage. He tried hard. Too bad Majerus couldn't put his basketball knowledge on loan to Brad's body or vice versa. In a politically correct world the esteem of Majerus reputation for basketball prowess gets him a second and third date in his type of vernacular when he shouldn't get a sniff if it is coming down to suave-RM kind of reminds me of Jackie Gleason

without the big cuff links, etc.

Coach needs to think about a little less house next time and a little less mortgage. No way he should have been in a position of thinking about foreclosure or bankruptcy. Other than that he's a classy guy and I'm glad he complimented Majerus and did not rip SLU and I'm sure he'll land on his feet. Hopefully he will be able to coach his son somewhere.

I was a Brad basher for his failure to recruit. That said, I hope he lands on his feet. The prospect of losing your home or declaring bruptcy is something you'd wish on no one. Well, not no one. I wouldn't mind seeing The Donald go down. But back to Brad, I think he's going to find landing a D1 HC job pretty difficult. My guess would be SMS is not going to take a SLU reject. Too many fans and boosters would yell and scream he couldn't get it done here, so what's changed. The Marymount job maybe a stretch as he has little west coast connections. I think his best bet is landing as an AC at BCS or high mid-major. Sorry, but his resume does not scream future success for a program.

I never would have thought of his name for the Loyola-Marymount job. Interesting that one's on his radar because of his Midwestern roots, but more interestingly because L-M used to break scoring records regularly. I wonder if a program with their run and gun tradition would go with a guy not exactly known for high scoring affairs. Nevertheless, I hope he lands on his feet somewhere good for him and his family. He can be a successful coach at a number of places.

i dont think the coaching merry go round will start until at least indiana is filled. that starts another whole domino effect that will keep some of the bigger potential candidates from pulling the trigger on the likes of missouri state imo because while they think they might not get indiana, they may be wanting to talk to say vandy before missouri state if stallings goes to indiana. (just an example not a prediction).

Guest BillikenReport

There could be some dominoes falling in the A-10 as well if Xavier's Sean Miller is a candidate at Indiana like I've heard.

- Nate

There could be some dominoes falling in the A-10 as well if Xavier's Sean Miller is a candidate at Indiana like I've heard.

- Nate

I heard a rumor today that Tim Floyd will leave USC for the LSU job, Jamie Dixon will leave Pitt for USC, and Sean Miller will then go back to his alma mater.

Guest BillikenReport

I heard a rumor today that Tim Floyd will leave USC for the LSU job, Jamie Dixon will leave Pitt for USC, and Sean Miller will then go back to his alma mater.

I've heard that one as well.

Tony Bennet from WSU to Indiana, I heard it is a done deal with my contacts at Wash St and Indiana.

The loyola Marymount job is filled too, so Brad is not a canidate there anymore

Wonder if UB could get a recommend from Dick Bennet for WSU if above rumor is true....doubt that would work in any event. WSU's tasted big time and not about to hire a fired guy from a mid major. There are a host of big time job openings on the horizon: LSU, Indiana, South Carolina, and others. IU will probably try and steal a big namer ala Kelvin Sampson, but a cleaner no baggage type. That of course opens another door and the chain reaction starts. It will filter down to some mid major openings and that's where UB could step in. One strong rumor here in So. Carolina is Marshall, coach at Wichita, is a top candidate for the Gamecock opening. Didn't someone post on here Kramer was being looked at by Wichita St.? That may be more than just a coincidence. Marshall's roots are in SC and if Odom had left last year he'd have got the job hands down. Tremendous recruiter in the South east.