Kyle Cassity recruitment per Salukitalk.net

davidlee

http://salukitalk.net/st/viewtopic.php?t=1...asc&start=0

I just saw this on salukitalk.net.

It is a 50 PAGE thread on Kyle Cassity.

In case you don't won't to read all 50 pages of the thread I will summarize for you

NO ONE KNOWS.

I don't remember there ever being a thread that long on billikens.com, but I may be wrong.

There have certainly been some topics over here that could have 50+ page threads but we seem to start a new thread on the same topic as soon as it gets to 3-4 pages. You'll notice the first posts in that thread were from December.

I agree with the nobody knows comment. It seems like he could go any direction.

Does anybody else think we should be recruiting another big? It looks like we're pretty close to landing both Cassity and Cotto and wrapping up our recruiting class (all speculation, but this seems to be the case). I'm concerned that we are recruiting guards. Willie Reed's scholly seems to be completely up in the air (will he qualify or not). Which would leave us with only 2 bigs in this class. And if reports are correct (and I'm not really sure they are) we will "lose" the two biggest guys on our team in Adam and Marcus. And other than Capobianco, I haven't heard of any bigs for 2009. Thoughts?

Does anybody else think we should be recruiting another big? It looks like we're pretty close to landing both Cassity and Cotto and wrapping up our recruiting class (all speculation, but this seems to be the case). I'm concerned that we are recruiting guards. Willie Reed's scholly seems to be completely up in the air (will he qualify or not). Which would leave us with only 2 bigs in this class. And if reports are correct (and I'm not really sure they are) we will "lose" the two biggest guys on our team in Adam and Marcus. And other than Capobianco, I haven't heard of any bigs for 2009. Thoughts?

I know you're not reading this ;) , but I completely agree. Even if Reed qualifies, I still think we need another big. Somebody with experience. I am also a little disappointed we haven't heard much about jucos. Wasn't there a juco guard a while back from a Missouri school who attended a game? Seven freshmen seems like too many. Let's say we have three openings, I would like one high schooler, Cassity or Cotto (I would be surprised if we got both), plus a juco big and a juco guard. You can never have too many good guards.

I was wondering the same thing myself. I maybe terribly naive but I think DM will be the only one not returning and a big maybe for AM. I think it would be a mistake for RM to dump MR and AK. With DM leaving and Willie not qualifying, that would open scholarships for Cassity and Cotto. Also, RM stated that Paul will have his scholly renewed.

I know you're not reading this ;) , but I completely agree. Even if Reed qualifies, I still think we need another big. Somebody with experience. I am also a little disappointed we haven't heard much about jucos. Wasn't there a juco guard a while back from a Missouri school who attended a game? Seven freshmen seems like too many. Let's say we have three openings, I would like on high schoolere, Cassity or Cotto (I would be surprised if we got both), plus a juco big and a juco guard. You can never have too many good guards.

I would really like to pick-up a JOCU big and a JUCO pg. Both would have an imediate impact on the team and they would allow us to have a couple more upperclassmen on the team after KL, TL, and BE graduate.

from listening to rickma with bernie on friday, i get the impression that there might be only one or two more players. i.e. reading between the lines, cassity and/or cotto and that is it. no one else.

it is my opinion that he wants mitchell on the floor as much as possible and when he breaks lisch will handle the point.

from listening to rickma with bernie on friday, i get the impression that there might be only one or two more players. i.e. reading between the lines, cassity and/or cotto and that is it. no one else.

it is my opinion that he wants mitchell on the floor as much as possible and when he breaks lisch will handle the point.

I'd like to see a JUCO pf and pg as well. What is the word on Harrelson? Has he set his sights on bigger things than SLU? Will he get his release from W. Ill now that Thomas is gone? And Copabianco? Is he going somewhere else. Thought I'd heard or read a Big 10 or SEC team? As for Reed, I think he'll be redshirted anyways since he didn't play his SR year. But if we're going in w/ BT, BE, AK, BC, and MR as our bigs next year, we're most likely going to have inside problems again. Too many frosh to be counted upon.

you guys need to get off of harrelson. it isnt going to happen. even IF western ever releases him which i dont think they will, the word i get is the big boys from the big ten and the sec are swimming in the water waiting for their chance. you do remember according to the swic coaches we arent big time dont you? forget about it.

you guys need to get off of harrelson. it isnt going to happen. even IF western ever releases him which i dont think they will, the word i get is the big boys from the big ten and the sec are swimming in the water waiting for their chance. you do remember according to the swic coaches we arent big time dont you? forget about it.

I thought he an Majerus were hitting it off well?

That was before Rickma became a ragular over at SWIC.

There is interest from BIG TIME programs, including one of the winningest all-time programs. If Majerus can land him, he should get a free pass from everyone, forever. Harrellson would take SLU to the NCAA tournament.

LOL, a free pass forever. Sure vtime...sure.

Maybe he would lead SLU to the tourney, but he ain't MJ, Kobe, or Garnett.

There is interest from BIG TIME programs, including one of the winningest all-time programs. If Majerus can land him, he should get a free pass from everyone, forever. Harrellson would take SLU to the NCAA tournament.

Have you heard anything about his thoughts on SLU? I remember him saying we were on his radar in your interview early this year. Anything change?

Have you heard anything about his thoughts on SLU? I remember him saying we were on his radar in your interview early this year. Anything change?

His current status doesn't allow him to talk to coaches. I can't tell you exactly where SLU stands, because his list has expanded, but I can tell you that I couldnt fault him for going to a truly Elite and historic program. If he does choose SLU, it will be over multiple high-major programs.

His current status doesn't allow him to talk to coaches. I can't tell you exactly where SLU stands, because his list has expanded, but I can tell you that I couldnt fault him for going to a truly Elite and historic program. If he does choose SLU, it will be over multiple high-major programs.

Maybe this is some incentive for him to pick Michigan:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/17/sports/n...17michigan.html