Reggie

davidlee

imo the defensive stop reggie had on diener late in the game where he stopped his penetration and then blocked his shot and recovered the ball was the play of the game. diener did not even try to shoot after that.

he is definitely being focused on by the opponents. and unfortunately we dont have a consistent second scorer to step up and take that scorer responsibility from reggie. thus reggie is being asked to do too much.

i say keep shooting reggie. at least when open.

>imo the defensive stop reggie had on diener late in the game

>where he stopped his penetration and then blocked his shot

>and recovered the ball was the play of the game. diener did

>not even try to shoot after that.

That was the play that Diener was cursing to the refs about after the game. He did his normal flop on the ground and was looking for the refs to bail him out again. Reggie got nothing but ball.

He definitely should a shot every open look he has, but he is trying to do too much. One the hand, it is understandable because so much of the burden rests on him, but I do wish he would relax a little and try to get his shots in the flow of the offense and not force bad shots on such a regular basis.

Well I'm definitely glad to hear that Reg's defense was on point. He was really pumped about this game, thought he would get into an offensive rythm but didn't. He has been quite upset with the lack of calls that he gets from the Refs. He believes the refs either don't like him or doesn't respect him. His solution was to get tougher on defense, play more aggressively and keep other teammates involved. So while he's dropping in offensive points, I'm sure glad to hear he's making up for it on the defensive end. However, these next away games, I'm hoping he will be able to get open and get some shots in, we know how hard it's been for us on the road, and I'm hoping the guys especially Reg can rise above the refs and play their game.

I also think Reggie has looked tired the last several games. I have noticed that he hasn't been getting his legs under his shot (and his free throws). That is usually a sign of a player tiring. I suspect that Reggie will be working on conditioning and related strength training this offseason.

Watching the game last night, it seemed that most everytime Diener went into the lane and missed a shot they called a foul....except when Reggie blocked it.....the reverse was not the case with Reggie, while he did seemed to get fouled, and had the offensive foul called on him even though two officials disagreed.

What ever the reason we need Reggie not only to get back his shooting touch but more importantly his judgment. We came out smoking against DePaul but Reggie wasn't part of the early scoring and that's when I noticed him begin to start forcing shots. I know you tell a shooter to keep shooting until he comes out of a slump but Reggie has forced some awful shots the last 3 games and he just needs to watch the game tapes to see just how bad his shot selection has been recently.

Come on Reggie, we need you real badly the rest of the season to regain that early season form, but if the shot's not there it's not there.

Bonds will rarely get a called third strike.....while a lesser player will....must be the steroids.

Seriously Diener did get favorable calls, not blatant more disbelief calls. What I mean is the ref watches him enough sees him drive and shoot and when he makes it enough the refs expect he will make it more often than not, and when he does not and something did not look right, it is a foul.

Brehms, where is Reggie's head after this game. I don't think we can say Reggie is in a slump as he has found ways to score, but his hot looks off. Is he fatigued? Is he just in a rut? Has he seen this before other times in his career and how did he pull out of it.

Good news is though, Reggie may not be himself and we got wins over Charlotte and Marquette. I think don't think we've seen what this team can do when we are firing on all cylinders. Let's hope that's still coming - soon!

Actually Reg has never had poor shooting games consistently. That said, I would call it a slump that I'm sure he can bounce back from, he strongly disagrees with me and says its not a slump, he feels teams are playing him differently, knowing his game and he just needs to find a way to keep his team involved if the opponents are gonna flock to him. He's not stressed or depressed about his shooting that's for sure.....(He's a look for the light at the end of the tunnel type of guy). I"m not so sure that all of the pressure he's been carrying this season, isn't getting the best of him. He needs to get back into having fun as opposed to feeling hard pressed to win these last couple of games. He's not having too much fun on the court lately. I haven't been badgering him too much about his game play and shooting because.....well he'll get pissed....:) but as long as we ended with the WIN, I've been pretty satisfied. I have to remember, this leading scorer and being the man is all so new for him. So I guess he's entitled to have not so good games ??? Help me out here :)

shoots poorly I'm convinced his presence on the court makes the rest of the Billikens better. He is clearly the focus of opposing defenses which allows our other guys to get better looks, even when Reggie doesn't touch the ball.

However, I am also convinced that for us to get wins at Depaul and/or Cinci Reggie is going to have to go off.

well, Diener did take advantage of JF at last night's game. When D was dribbling the ball & JF was guarding him, all he had to do was lean into JF, and the ref called a foul on JF, and of course, Diener made all the shots. Frericks missed every one of his free throws, that could've cost us points...

He certainly is entitled to having not so good games, but now he's had them and it's aoky for him to get back to himself. You know, no one should say Reggie has had bad games though. He has scored some and he has played remarkable defense. He has gotten so much better on defense. Everybody seems to notice when his play isn't what he can do, because we all know what he is capable of. He'll be back...I'm confident of that. As Izik continuew to step up and Tom stays healthy..I think pressure will be off Reg.

We don't have enough offense outside of Reggie to be an effective team when he does not have the green light to shoot ... no matter how his night is going. An inside presence would sure help Reggie out so let's hope Tom Frericks gets healed and stays out of foul trouble and Izik starts catching and shooting those open 10 footers he is now hesitating with.

... not so much on RB, but on the fact that we continue to put teams out there that rely way too much on one scorer. And if you remember, I thought he might be rusty or maybe not up to the task or whatever. I have been majorly surprised that there seemed to be little rust and that RB could accept and carry the load as he has. Your faith in him has certainly been with merit.

I would offer that its got to be tough on him .... the surpirse of newness and the tag of an unknown have worn off. Once the league play began, you knew everyone was going to scout and know each other better than anywhere else so the other teams know that shutting down our main option, while it may not guarantee a win, is a right step in going there. If he's in a slump, I would say its compounded by the defensive strategies now facing him night-in and night-out. Only the establishment of another threat will make it go away more than not. Claggs had HMark and H and Dobbs to counter him. Teams couldn't focus on any one person in that lineup. Unfortunately, with Drejaj in a shooting freefall and shooting not JFisher's real forte, the emphasis goes over to Reg.

I also think that C-WHO is more a guard-oriented league moreso than some other leagues. UofL is all 6'5" jumping jacks. UAB is heavily guard-laden. Memphis has three or four that can come in and do a nice job. Cincy has the Williams twins, Bobbitt and some others. While Maxiell is probably the best big in the league, the others (Whaley and White included) have not meshed that well. We sadly have three and two of those are what I would call "limited" in some regards.

I think he can learn from this year and come back stronger and better next year. Could be pre-season All C-WHO selection come next fall. I would expect that.