OT: Mitchell Report

brianstl

i think the relevance is that by simply naming names, and big names at that, it might finally shock and force the powers to be to actually do something. for example i am sure that the players association has drug their feet tremendously on any action and procedures that baseball has tried to implement. this "tell all" imo makes that more difficult to do. hopefully it forces the players association at minimum to work in concert with the owners to set standards and policies that will help police the problem going forward.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have the actual list? If so can you post it?

Its not an acutal list. I suggest you go to mlb.com and look at the actual report. The majority of the info is nothing new. for instance, on Ankiel it just talks about how a newsday article talked about him getting HGH. I will say the stuff on Clemens is pretty damning.

i hope kshoe is correct. i tried to find the list in the last few minutes and all i found was about a 500 page pdf file (the actual mitchell report) that i know i am not reading. no total list that i have found at a number of sites since 1 pm. i will say that since the old list is not being circulated anymore that kshoe is at least right in the one being sent around this morning is probably not accurate.

i think the relevance is that by simply naming names, and big names at that, it might finally shock and force the powers to be to actually do something. for example i am sure that the players association has drug their feet tremendously on any action and procedures that baseball has tried to implement. this "tell all" imo makes that more difficult to do. hopefully it forces the players association at minimum to work in concert with the owners to set standards and policies that will help police the problem going forward.

i think the relevance is that by simply naming names, and big names at that, it might finally shock and force the powers to be to actually do something. NFW, let me say again, NFW MLB does anything of substance (get the pun?) - what are they going to do? not a damn thing, they hired an ex-senator who just happens to be a friend of the commissoner to say we had a problem, so now everyone knows there was a problem, and it can all go away. i hope i am wrong and that mlb does some strong stuff (pun), but i just do not see it happening.

i am sure that the players association has drug their feet - good one here

wnbc is where the morning list originated. i would think pujols would take action vs wnbc. i know i would if i was him unless wnbc issues a formal apology and explanation.

wnbc is where the morning list originated. i would think pujols would take action vs wnbc. i know i would if i was him unless wnbc issues a formal apology and explanation.

Pujols and a bunch of others. Daryl Kile, Mark Prior, Kerry Wood and others were also on the list but didn't show up in the report.

Roy, if you go to the pdf file you can use search feature and type in any names you want. You get nothing with Pujols but quite a bit when you search on Clemens.

Pujols and a bunch of others. Daryl Kile, Mark Prior, Kerry Wood and others were also on the list but didn't show up in the report.

Roy, if you go to the pdf file you can use search feature and type in any names you want. You get nothing with Pujols but quite a bit when you search on Clemens.

I'm still waiting for some publication (or someone on here) to compile a quick list so I don't have to keep scrolling through the 409-page pdf. From what I've seen, the names aren't quite the caliber of the original list we saw in this thread. No Pujols is the key- that would have broken my heart. Some of the others are surprises, some not, some are too small of names to care.

I'm still waiting for some publication (or someone on here) to compile a quick list so I don't have to keep scrolling through the 409-page pdf. From what I've seen, the names aren't quite the caliber of the original list we saw in this thread. No Pujols is the key- that would have broken my heart. Some of the others are surprises, some not, some are too small of names to care.

http://cbs2chicago.com/national/Mitchell.r...html#playerlist

This is the list of players named

From rotoworld.com

Chad Allen, Rick Ankiel, David Bell, Mike Bell, Gary Bennett Jr, Larry Bigbie, Barry Bonds, Kevin Brown, Paul Byrd, Jose Canseco, Mark Carreon, Jason Christiansen, Howie Clark, Roger Clemens, Jack Cust, Brendan Donnelly, Chris Donnels, Lenny Dykstra, Matt Franco, Ryan Franklin, Eric Gagne, Jay Gibbons, Troy Glaus, Jason Grimsley, Jose Guillen, Jerry Hairston Jr, Matt Herges, Phil Hiatt, Glenallen Hill, Darren Holmes, Todd Hundley, David Justice, Chuck Knoblauch, Tim Laker

Mike Lansing, Paul Lo Duca, Nook Logan, Gary Matthews Jr, Josias Mazanillo, Cody McKay, Kent Mercker, Bart Miadich, Hal Morris, Danny Neagle, Jim Parque, Andy Pettite. Adam Piatt, Todd Pratt, Stephen Randolph, Brian Roberts, John Rocker, Adam Riggs, F.P. Santangelo, David Segui, Scott Shoeneweis, Mike Stanton, Miguel Tejada, Ismael Valdez, Mo Vaughn, Fernando Vina, Ron Villone, Rondell White, Jeff Williams, Matt Williams, Todd Williams, Steve Woodard, Kevin Young

billikenroy where did you get your list. Pujols and Kile were not on the list.

Sorry hadn't read the would thread. See they are not on the list

a fellow fantasy baseball league owner sent it to me this morning from the wnbc site. it is my understanding that by mid morning mlb had alerted wnbc their list was wrong and they took it down immediately. it would be interesting to know who posted that list at wnbc and what will happen to them.

a fellow fantasy baseball league owner sent it to me this morning from the wnbc site. it is my understanding that by mid morning mlb had alerted wnbc their list was wrong and they took it down immediately. it would be interesting to know who posted that list at wnbc and what will happen to them.

A Cub Fan! ;)

I would not look at this list and think these are all the players who have used steroids, this list implicates those that used a certain few suppliers, go to golds gym and I bet you can find a supplier pretty quick. Go to mexico or peurto rico i bet you can find some of these medications pretty quickly!! This investigation should be seen as how widespread steroids can get from one or two trainers willing to cross the line. You cannot convince me that these are the only ones!

count the players that have had direct tony larussa contact. that is a little concerning.

remember when Ozzie and some others spent the winter with Joyner in California and bulked up to hit three home runs the next year? That was before TL

Moytoy I agree that Mitchell is not but I think what is lost on the media is the extent to which management looked the other way and in there silence gave consent. The one email from Lo Duca's agent to an LA Dodger official was eye opening. Management knew what was going on.

Selig wants this to be the beginning of the end, but since this report did not even touch amphetamines, it seems while detailed, it's scope imho was too narrow.