OT: Mitchell Report

brianstl

Moytoy I agree that Mitchell is not but I think what is lost on the media is the extent to which management looked the other way and in there silence gave consent. The one email from Lo Duca's agent to an LA Dodger official was eye opening. Management knew what was going on.

Selig wants this to be the beginning of the end, but since this report did not even touch amphetamines, it seems while detailed, it's scope imho was too narrow.

I don't disagree with that at all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been told Pujols will be named.

Did anybody read Dan Caesar's column about how the local media mis-reported the Pujols leak? Particularly appaling was channel 2's director and how proud he seemed to be of being the only ones to report a false rumor. Instead of apologizing the guy was bragging!

KTVI's Smith is well aware of the changing landscape.

"You can take the safe route, one that is noncombative and not aggressive," he said. "But in today's environment, I'm not sure we have the luxury to do that. And the Fox (network) brand allows us a little more latitude. There's a certain sense of edginess and aggressiveness.

"Days like this are fun because it forces you as a journalist, and a manager, to make decisions that aren't easy. If you want to have your button-up newscast packaged with a bow, there are stations in town that do it and have been doing it for 25 years. But their ratings are going down; ours are going up. There was a time and place when stations would have been reluctant to put something on the air'' like this. "But with the Internet, sports-talk radio and cable, viewers are better served getting more voices giving context. That's what we try to provide.''

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/co...5E?OpenDocument