A PG we might be recruiting out of Chicago

brianstl

He is some info from last week on Jeremy Leonard, who this guy says both SLU and Marquette have shown considerable interest in.

http://midstatehoops.wordpress.com/

Why would we still be recruiting a 2008 class PG if we feel confident KM is signing? Two in one recruiting class seems like one too many. I hope this isn't a sign that we aren't sure how solid KM's verbal is. On the positive side, this reporter doesn't seem too professional in his write-ups---see Southern Mo. State going D1????? Maybe an ILL. version of our favorite poster, the artist formerly known as VTIME.

Why would we be recruiting a pg - so if for some reason something goes awry with KM then we are not caught totally with our pants down. This does not mean that KM is weakening on his commitment but what if he gets hurt between now and his coming to SLU - ie Obi and Georgia. Smart thing to keep your options open and not put all your eggs in one basket and then be caught surprised as we have seen done in the past.

Why would we be recruiting a pg - so if for some reason something goes awry with KM then we are not caught totally with our pants down. This does not mean that KM is weakening on his commitment but what if he gets hurt between now and his coming to SLU - ie Obi and Georgia. Smart thing to keep your options open and not put all your eggs in one basket and then be caught surprised as we have seen done in the past.

In no way, however, would this HELP us to maintain Kwamain's verbal, which I think that if one can assume that having our highest ranked recruit (who just happens to most play the most important position in the game, PG) should be our foremost concern for this already stellar class. MidStateHoops states he's more of a passer than KM though, so maybe Majerus wants to have them split the point freshman year and keep put Kevin and Tommie at the 2 and 3, respectively. Whatever, I'm fine w/ an abundance of good ballhandlers/passers/shooters.

In this video, he (#10) has 4 assists and 5 points in about 1 minute. Pretty incredible. That averages out to about 520 points accounted for if he plays all 40 minutes of an NCAA game. And once again, midstatehoops puts together one of the hottest MF'in beatz on the planet. Soulja Boy can ###### his way off a cliff after this hot mix.

http://www.midstatehoops.com/videos/de_la_salle.html

Why does SLU's continued possible interest in a pg mean that it will have a negative impact on KM signing? That makes no sense - KM has the schollie already and Leonard has nothing right now from us except a spot on the waiting list. Showing interest in Leonard means nothing other than keeping out irons in the fire if a surprise comes about.

Why does SLU's continued possible interest in a pg mean that it will have a negative impact on KM signing? That makes no sense - KM has the schollie already and Leonard has nothing right now from us except a spot on the waiting list. Showing interest in Leonard means nothing other than keeping out irons in the fire if a surprise comes about.

We're just trying to find the best player available at this point. Devin Hill plans to host Majerus and the staff tonight...he's a power forward (and he holds an offer from us). I'm just curious as to why they really want to fill the 6th schollie. There was an article on Scout about the HIll visit, but this link also talks about it. Hill also has some real good things to say about our coach.

http://njmg.typepad.com/zagsblog/2007/08/d...-hill-se-1.html

From what I've read KM seems to be a Marque Perry type guy. PG skills but more at home filling it up. I wouldn't mind another PG or another wing in the class. You can never have enough good guards in D-1 hoops.

From what I've read KM seems to be a Marque Perry type guy. PG skills but more at home filling it up. I wouldn't mind another PG or another wing in the class. You can never have enough good guards in D-1 hoops.

Devin Hill seems to be the protypical PF we've been longing for for all these many years. Book him RM.

Since SLU seems bound and determined to fill the 6th schollie - they must have a plan and time will show us what it is.

one of the things sean harrington said at the billiken club meeting last night is that we could have as many as 7 scholarships to fill. that kind of stumped me that he would make that statement. either the ncaa is going to add a scholarship or i cant count or they already know about openings that will occur.

one of the things sean harrington said at the billiken club meeting last night is that we could have as many as 7 scholarships to fill. that kind of stumped me that he would make that statement. either the ncaa is going to add a scholarship or i cant count or they already know about openings that will occur.

Roy, am I still crazy for saying that they very well might sign seven kids?

Roy, am I still crazy for saying that they very well might sign seven kids?

obviously per sean's comment they havent shut down recruiting one bit.

imo it is indeed crazy. i would prefer we not unbalance the classes such.

obviously per sean's comment they havent shut down recruiting one bit.

imo it is indeed crazy. i would prefer we not unbalance the classes such.

I agree Roy. I think it would be crazy to have 7 schollies in one year. Unless, perhaps, he thinks one or 2 or our '08 guys will be leaving early. Just my opnion, but I think RM is thinking about the end of his career. He's not overly concerned about the lack of balance because he is looking to go out with a bang. He wants HIS team to be seniors in five years. We win a national championship and he retires. By then, the Billikens will be able to land top notch talent every year. Man, wouldn't that be something?

I agree Roy. I think it would be crazy to have 7 schollies in one year. Unless, perhaps, he thinks one or 2 or our '08 guys will be leaving early. Just my opnion, but I think RM is thinking about the end of his career. He's not overly concerned about the lack of balance because he is looking to go out with a bang. He wants HIS team to be seniors in five years. We win a national championship and he retires. By then, the Billikens will be able to land top notch talent every year. Man, wouldn't that be something?

aha! nashville may be on to something... i'd outright shite myself if we were able to do that, but if one thinks of things along those lines, i don't think there is anyone better equipped than majerus to selfishly pursue a plan like that, while still leaving us way ahead in the process.

this run-on sentence has been brought to you by jimbofive®.

Nashville - excellent point!

Nashville - excellent point!

Oh, how I long for the old days.... Life was much simpler back then. Under Brad, we never had to worry about these things: giving away too many schollies was never a concern because Brad always kept 1 or 2 available just to be safe. Also, he would run out of time - school would start - so he would bank a few more since he still hadn't found enough players by then. Worry about recruits 1 and 2 years ahead? Way too complex!! Much more simple to start getting commitments in March and April prior to enrolling in August that same year!!