Maybe?

ibruce1

This is a post from the Mizzou board from a poster that is usually reliable;

Heard from a very reliable source within the SLU BBALL Family that Majerus is flying into STL tonight to finalize the agreement to coach SLU. The final sticking points seem to be size of staff (more tutors and more strength coaches, a little refreshing, I guess). Also, Levick will be gone in 30 days.

Press Conference 1pm Wednesday...

If she can, more power to her. I'm not sure her resume is that strong yet. Yow was the AD at a program that was in the top 10 in the nation in attendance. Majerus could help boost Levick's resume even if she wasn't the one behind Soderberg getting dumped.

Does anyone think that her defending the A10 so aggresively had anything to do with it? There have been reports Majerus doesnt like the confrence at all. Just throwing that out there.

Edit: Assuming that this posters info is true.

Cheryl defending the A-10 was nothing more than doing what she was she needed to do given her position. She was not the one that choose the A-10 but as AD it is her job to defend the school when it is being criticized in the media.

I equate it to 7th grade when you have a mock trial in class and your teacher gives one group argument A and another argument B. Cheryl was handed Argument B and she did what she had to do.

By the way, the large majority of what Cheryl said in favor of the A-10 was not a criticism of the MVC but rather a pimping of the A-10. I can see how some could view it as MVC criticism but that just isn't reality.

I totally agree, I just thought I would throw that out there. I never said she was trashing the MVC. But the way she was defending the A10 made it seem like she wanted to be there long term(which was her job) but knowing RM thoughts on the A10 it must raise a few questions.

>Agree completely. It is Levick's job to defend the

>school...and to a lesser extent, promote the conference. If

>that upset the powers that be, I'd quit too.

It didn't....she did her job and did it well. I am at a loss why the efforts were so reactive instead of proactive....and tardy, at the time.

Well, I don't think we know RM's thoughts on the A-10. Bernie posted it, and that's the only place we've ever heard it. As far as I know, Frank never mentioned it...and he seems to be the only guy who knows what's up. I wouldn't take BM's message board post for much. We all know where he stands on the issue.

"but knowing RM thoughts on the A10 it must raise a few questions"

I hear you but do any of us really know RM's thoughts on the A-10? I mean basically all we have is complete internet rumors which could be complete internet b.s. Don't forget the guy that started the rumor about RM loving the MVC was Bernie and Bernie has long argued that SLU should be in the MVC.

p.s. I seriously question the validity of Cheryl leaving when the source is an unidentified poster on the Mizzou board. Does it get any softer than that?

What is your basis for "knowing" RM's thoughts on the A-10? I would think he would much rather be in an East Coast oriented, big name schools (Temple/St.Joe/Xavier/UMASS) conference than a midwest mid -major whose powers are in Carbondale/Peoria/Omaha/Cedar Rapids with annual stops in Terre Haute, Normal, Springfield and Wichita.

Let's see. As a bigtime media star with a big ego, would I rather go to Cedar Rapids, Normal, Terre Haute etc... OR Philly, Boston area, DC, NYC and Charlotte etc...? Wow, that sure is a hard decision to make!

Agree about the rumor. But Frank was talking about how horrible the A10 is for slu when discussing the prospects of RM signing. Frank has been the most credible source we have had. I just didnt get it from Bernie. I agree that it probably wont play apart in his decision but to say its not an issue might be going a little too far.

So I am assuming that this is now a done deal - the two sticking points seemed rather minor considering all the other stuff involved. I am not sure why CL has to leave - this whole thing really has nothing to do with her. As far as the A10 issue - that makes no sense to me about leaving. I am not sure what RM would care if he gets his charter flights. CL has not been pleased with the A10 and has said so to boosters several times. As far as increased tix prices - they were coming anyway even without RM as the coach. Now they just might be a little more - oh well, you want to run with the big dogs then you have to pony up I guess.

I will be setting my DVD RECORDER for noon to 7pm and record seven hours straight.

IN MAJERUS I TRUST. IN BIONDI I DONT

Posted Image

Posted Image

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy