local big-time donors

I have seen references all day to local "big-time" donors influencing Biondi and the decision to dismiss Soderberg.

If these donors are so big-time why isn't our basketball budget?

Billy Gillispie's annual salary at Kentucky is larger than the Billiken's entire basketball budget!

> did anybody hear doug goettlieb on his espn show last

>night. he said that chaefitz (sp?) the new arena guy said he

>would pony up the remaining 8 million that's needed for the

>arena, but the coach would have to go.

This is the only explanation I have heard so far that makes sense. None of our long time boosters is individually big enough to force Bionid to fire the coach at this late date. And I fail to believe there was a mass revolt of the boosters against Brad. $8 mill from Chaifetz is a whole other kettle of fish. Fire Sodie and you get $8 Mill ... how long would Biondi think over such an offer (if true)? No more than 2 nanoseconds.

It makes a whole heck of a lot of sense to me. Too bad that the timing was off primarily from a recruiting standpoint because I still believe there are viable HC candidates that will be interested in the SLU job. We just need to get the right coach this time.

i agree, however explain why it wasnt done the day after the loss to george washington?

we are a joke.

If Cheifitz had his input, it probably wasn't fire Sodie. It was probably if I'm putting up this kind of money, we had better have a top program. He may have also stated that he didn't think UB was the guy and it went from there.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.