Welcome Mr. Peterson!

moytoy12

Jeff, I hope you realize when looking at our numbers, SLU really needs a pg. KL was our best assist guy w/ 111, that only comes to a little over 3 a game. This team needs a distributor, and a good one like yourself will get plenty of minutes on this team. Could possibly even earn a starting job at some point next year because of this.

Welcome to St Louis and enjoy your weekend. I hope then after talking to your parents, friends & family, we hear you want to be a part of our University.

jeff, getting a chance to distribute to the likes of lisch and liddell is quite the opportunity. and after they are gone in two years, the keys to the car would be all yours! i hope you enjoy your stay in st louis!

I would like to see Jeff don a Billiken Uni next season. God only knows that we can use a PG who can handle pressure defenses and who can set up our scoring threats. Jeff comes from one of the truly special HS programs in the nation, and I would bet that he would see significant PT in his Frosh season.

every year the city of St. Louis has millions of bulbs bloom for spring-you'll love this city for the sports on the pro, collegiate and amateur level. You'll love Forest Park for the picnics and free zoo and sledding on art hill. you'll love our art museum which is free certain times every week; you'll love our muny opera (which is really musical theatre-not opera and has free seats every performance-come and go atmosphere in casual clothes); these are just a few of the wonderful things St. Louis has to offer for you and your friends. The University is great

and so is the city we live in. Many recent ball players have found great opportunities lie ahead of them as a result of their time at SLU

actually the St. Louis Art Museum is free everyday. Special exhibitions are free every Friday.

Do you like blues? St. Louis is a very good city for live music, with lots of national-talent type bands playing here all the time.

Do you like Emerson, Hawthorne, Whitman, Dickinson, Mark Twain?? Richard Wright, Scott Fitzgerald, Willa Cather, Bob Dylan, or Marvin Gaye? You are in luck -- we teach American literature and culture in the English Department at SLU!!!

No kidding.

If I were a recruit, this kind of site is exactly the kind of thing I would distance myself from and pay no attention to. If there are recruits that actually read the fan message boards of the potential schools they could go to, then I feel sorry for them for a) being nerds and :) letting what complete strangers say have some sort of effect on big personal decisions. It's a fan board that should not have any outside effect: recruits, coaches, players, athletic department, or university. What benefit do any of those parties have in being involved with a fan message board? Do you think that McDonald's All-Americans go home after visits and read the fan boards of the school they just visited? I would find that hard to believe. No recruit should bother, regardless of number of stars after his name.

Knowing that our fan base is not represented by a few eternal pessimists is nice for a recruit to know. Welcome, Jeff and we hope you enjoy your visit. I've seen you play once and I think you're a great fit for our program.

No way.

They might check something like Scout or Rivals or something big to see how they're being presented to potential recruiters, but not some fan board. I'm sure Florida's coaching staff reads the Gator fan board, too, and that Greg Oden looks every week to see what Buckeye fans think of him (sarcasm). It would be a waste of time for anyone involved with a program to read a fan message board, to see fans arguing back and forth about them. That's just not smart, and it's completely unproductive. No good can come from it.

No good can come from a pro player reading the sports setion everyday and they all still do it. It is human nature. Players on the team read this board, they all may not admit, but they do. Recruits read this board. Players parents read this board and post on it. Recruits parents read this board and post on it. Pistol on this you are just flat out wrong.

Writing a message directly to a recruit from a fan message board is pretty similar to when children send Christmas lists to Santa or letters to God.

Steve, you can play the role of the postal service:

"Dear Billikens.com Poster,

Thanks for the kind words on billikens.com the other day. My visit to SLU was really nice. The coaches seemed great, the players were cool, and the new arena should look pretty swell. I hope to make a decision soon, and your post just might send me in SLU's direction.

Sincerely,

Jeff Peterson"

I don't think anybody is believes anything on here is going to be the ultimate decision maker on Peterson coming here or not. It was nice to have a thread were everybody wasn't going after each other. It was nice to have a thread where fans were talking about the plusses of the program instead of the minuses.

hahaha....

Dear Santa,

I have been a good boy this year, and I would like nothing more than (1) a point guard who can distribute the ball and score when necessary, (2)a couple of powerforwards who can control the boards, (3) and a revelation be sent to coach soderberg telling him a 4 guard set cannot get it done and game plan adjustments are a must in order to be successful. Thank you, and tell the easter bunny i said whhhhat upppp.

No more than giving advice on what a coach should or shouldn't do in a game or whether he should or shouldn't be fired when your opinion has absolutely no bearing on the actual outcome. Do you think Brad reads the board to find out where he went wrong during a game?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Skip, you're missing the point. I was trying to show that writing something DIRECTLY TO a recruit is immature and fruitless.

No one's on here going "Hey Brad, you should have fouled the forward on that last play," and expect him to read it and consider what some fan has to say. People are saying to each other on here, "I think Brad should have fouled on that last play," to debate one another. Why would you write directly to a guy involved with the program?

I'm not trying to be negative, as I'm being accused of. I have nothing wrong with being positive, and saying that I'd like to land a certain recruit, which I do. But to write directly to a recruit with the belief that he's actually reading it- you can't be serious.