next years schedule

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe we also know that SLU hosts SIUC and Missouri State. (Sorry, Salukis, but now that SIUE is Div. I, the "C" is necessary.)

How does everyone feel in the ND and Northwestern games. Majerus was quoted as saying that Northwestern could go places next year. How would we match up against someone like Harangody in the post?

How does everyone feel in the ND and Northwestern games. Majerus was quoted as saying that Northwestern could go places next year. How would we match up against someone like Harangody in the post?

If he has the balls to come back, Willie Reed swats his first 7 shots. The only reason he's considering going pro is to avoid being Williefied.

When and where is this tourney in the Chicago area? Will there be a bus or two planned to make the trip and provide support to the Bills? I went to the SIU game on the bus last year, Chicago is only 4 hours away. Will support increase for the team this year? (I know winning solves all of this) Will we have any other games close by to go to?

When and where is this tourney in the Chicago area? Will there be a bus or two planned to make the trip and provide support to the Bills? I went to the SIU game on the bus last year, Chicago is only 4 hours away. Will support increase for the team this year? (I know winning solves all of this) Will we have any other games close by to go to?

Believe it is Thanksgiving weekend. Don't know exactly where in Chicago.

mhg

Believe it is Thanksgiving weekend. Don't know exactly where in Chicago.

mhg

Last year it was at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, a suburb to the northwest of Chicago. It would take about 45 minutes with minimal traffic from downtown, but I'd count on over an hour. It's about the equivalent to what the Family Arena is to St. Louis, a distant mid-size suburban arena that tries to pluck events that would otherwise go downtown and charges less.

Any word on next years non conference schedule?

The only games I've heard of are Notre Dame, Northwestern, and Nebraska

I don't know that it is a fact we'll be playing Notre Dame. We are in the same tournament as them, Northwestern and Iowa St. but we will only play 2 of the 3. If Notre Dame is on our side of the bracket we will certainly play them but if they are on the other side its only 50/50.

As others have pointed out we also know of the following games this season:

SIU - Home

Missouri St. - Home

Belmont - Home

Nebraska - Home

Hopefully we'll add a BCS team or two on the road as the start of a home and home but I'm not holding my breath. Getting those guys to leave their home court is damn difficult.

Last year it was at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, a suburb to the northwest of Chicago. It would take about 45 minutes with minimal traffic from downtown, but I'd count on over an hour. It's about the equivalent to what the Family Arena is to St. Louis, a distant mid-size suburban arena that tries to pluck events that would otherwise go downtown and charges less.

The tournament is at the United Center? The arena the bulls play at.

Niether of these show a college tourney on their calander for november or december. Where else might it be held?

It is definitely at the Sears Centre over Thanksgiving break but it would be longer than forty five minutes from downtown. It would only be forty five without traffic and that just doesn't happen. However it would be shorter to go from Saint Louis to the Sears Centre then to have to go from Saint Louis to downtown

It is definitely at the Sears Centre over Thanksgiving break but it would be longer than forty five minutes from downtown. It would only be forty five without traffic and that just doesn't happen. However it would be shorter to go from Saint Louis to the Sears Centre then to have to go from Saint Louis to downtown

They can't put them on their calendar yet because the team's schedules haven't come out, but it is at the Sears Centre.

I don't know that it is a fact we'll be playing Notre Dame. We are in the same tournament as them, Northwestern and Iowa St. but we will only play 2 of the 3. If Notre Dame is on our side of the bracket we will certainly play them but if they are on the other side its only 50/50.

Majerus has on more than one occassion called out the fact that we will be playing Notre Dame. I could be wrong, but my understanding is that is the case.

When finals are done, I will update the front page for the speculation of games.

Also, I should be home from about June 12 - July 3rd if people want to do a Billikens.com lunch.

When finals are done, I will update the front page for the speculation of games.

Also, I should be home from about June 12 - July 3rd if people want to do a Billikens.com lunch.

p diddy said we will play semo

Geez, that's almost as close to Rockford as it is to the Loop.

If anyone's planning on going, I'd recommend using Hotwire to get a hotel room near O'Hare, which I'd guess is about 15 minutes from the arena. We did this last year and got a high-end Sheraton for about $69 a night ($150 rack rate). You can also catch a train into downtown from there.

Majerus has on more than one occassion called out the fact that we will be playing Notre Dame. I could be wrong, but my understanding is that is the case.

I hear you but last year he also talked about how we'd play Creighton...you saw how that worked out. All I'm saying is its not a guarantee.

Geez, that's almost as close to Rockford as it is to the Loop.

If anyone's planning on going, I'd recommend using Hotwire to get a hotel room near O'Hare, which I'd guess is about 15 minutes from the arena. We did this last year and got a high-end Sheraton for about $69 a night ($150 rack rate). You can also catch a train into downtown from there.

definitely a heck of a lot farther than 15 minutes. i live in the city by ohare, which isnt downtown but still in chicago, and it takes me about 30 minutes minimum to make the trip out to hoffman estates which is where the arena is.

definitely a heck of a lot farther than 15 minutes. i live in the city by ohare, which isnt downtown but still in chicago, and it takes me about 30 minutes minimum to make the trip out to hoffman estates which is where the arena is.

Right, but if you're visiting just for this tournament, Bonwich's suggestion is probably still the way to go. I said 45 minutes from downtown because that's what it looks like on paper; in reality, it takes a lot longer. I also mentioned downtown because most visitors wouldn't be very interested in staying far outside the city when it's such an awesome city to visit.

Hoffman Estates sucks- it's boring sprawl far outside the city, and it's a shame that's the venue we're stuck with. The United Center is probably too expensive for this tournament but they could have at least gone with Allstate Arena in Rosemont (by O'Hare).

Right, but if you're visiting just for this tournament, Bonwich's suggestion is probably still the way to go. I said 45 minutes from downtown because that's what it looks like on paper; in reality, it takes a lot longer. I also mentioned downtown because most visitors wouldn't be very interested in staying far outside the city when it's such an awesome city to visit.

Hoffman Estates sucks- it's boring sprawl far outside the city, and it's a shame that's the venue we're stuck with. The United Center is probably too expensive for this tournament but they could have at least gone with Allstate Arena in Rosemont (by O'Hare).

I agree. All State Arena would be a lot nicer venue. Its closer to the city, a decent size, and by a ton of hotels. The only thing that they might not have picked it for is becuase its DePauls home court and they may have a game during the tourney time

Don't forget UMSL. It would be a shame if we don't keep this streak going. Who will forget that memorable way to open the Chaveitz? :lol:

SEMO, MO State, SIUC. If only we can get UMSL and SIUE then we'd really have a schedule!! Who needs BCS schools when you got all these talented teams -- great geography for those fixated on that topic. :lol:

SEMO November 4th. That should be a good game,they have a new coach in NUTT and some good players

NOV. 4th. Sounds like this will be our 1st regular season game. I'd rather play SEMO 1st than a D2. Also looks like an early start to the season.