According to Frank.......

brianstl

What is high on the salary scale? Who are we talking about in the $2 million+ range?

I don't think we need to pay anyone $2mm unless he's in the Pitino, Izzo, et al category. My guess would be $1mm to $1.2mm w/ a decent budget for recruiting and staff. Plus some incentives for making the dance, winning titles, etc.

I don't think we need to pay anyone $2mm unless he's in the Pitino, Izzo, et al category. My guess would be $1mm to $1.2mm w/ a decent budget for recruiting and staff. Plus some incentives for making the dance, winning titles, etc.

To get a Pitino/Izzo type to come to SLU, you would need something in the $5-10 million dollar range.

I can tell you that even in the days since Coach Crews was let go, tickets sales and giving to the Billiken Club have seen an increase already!

How could ticket sales have possibly gone up? Did people who dropped season tickets indicate that they'd start up again for next year? Or did corporations suddenly jump back in and give money so they could buy the center-section seats?

I can tell you that even in the days since Coach Crews was let go, tickets sales and giving to the Billiken Club have seen an increase already!

don't know your source and hope your correct. The Billiken Golf tournament is May 2. Maybe some of you would like to participate. The Billiken Club needs all the help it can muster.

How could ticket sales have possibly gone up? Did people who dropped season tickets indicate that they'd start up again for next year? Or did corporations suddenly jump back in and give money so they could buy the center-section seats?

I was going to call BS on that statement too. I seriously doubt anybody was calling the ticket office saying "sign me up for season tics even though I have no idea who our next coach is going to be."

If an increase in ticket sales is defined as 4 new season tickets sold, then sure that seems possible. But much more than that...unlikely.

Busted!

Oh, stop being so shrill, you guys! I wasn't jumping on Dr. B's case. He has good inside sources. I was just wondering how that could be possible!

Mr B,

There was a drop off in season ticket sales after the 2014-2015 season. Some may be coming back based on signals they're seeing: speed of process, objective of hiring with head coaching experience, U not messing around. Trying to beat the market!

Look, that is what I was told, more or less. Maybe I did not state it clear enough for the close readers on here; maybe he said there is increase "interest in ticket sales" rather than "ticket sales." Please excuse my ignorance and obtuseness.

He definitely told me interest in Billiken Club has soared in just a few days. Believe it, don't believe it, I really don't care, to be honest.. . . . and by the way, why would someone just make it up, anyway?? And no, sorry, I did not have the New York times fact-checking team on the case, sorry to disappoint all of you.

Oh, stop being so shrill, you guys!

PS: The shrillness gets very old on here; I can tell you for a fact that there are a number of insiders I know personally, who never post on here anymore, because of it. Why post stuff, only to get a lot of it thrown back in your face?? Not very motivating. . . . so I'll be sure, if I hear anything that might interest anyone, to run to Billikens.com to post it -- NOT! over and out.

Look, that is what I was told, more or less. Maybe I did not state it clear enough for the close readers on here; maybe he said there is increase "interest in ticket sales" rather than "ticket sales." Please excuse my ignorance and obtuseness.

He definitely told me interest in Billiken Club has soared in just a few days. Believe it, don't believe it, I really don't care, to be honest.. . . . and by the way, why would someone just make it up, anyway?? And no, sorry, I did not have the New York times fact-checking team on the case, sorry to disappoint all of you.

PS: The shrillness gets very old on here; I can tell you for a fact that there are a number of insiders I know personally, who never post on here anymore, because of it. Why post stuff, only to get a lot of it thrown back in your face?? Not very motivating. . . . so I'll be sure, if I hear anything that might interest anyone, to run to Billikens.com to post it -- NOT! over and out.

Doc, I get that the "shrillness" here can get old but you have to admit that many of the "insiders" are unabashed homers and don't really report things as they are. Some do, but many don't. You aren't a homer (in fact I think your swings on either the greatness of something or how horrible something is are a bit extreme) but you still can't expect to post something that is so obviously questionable as an increase in ticket sales (especially considering tickets aren't being sold at this point) and not expect some feedback. Perhaps the next time someone is feeding you some "inside information" and it seems too fantastic to be real, you could question it a bit before reporting it out to the general billikens.com community?

Doc, I get that the "shrillness" here can get old but you have to admit that many of the "insiders" are unabashed homers and don't really report things as they are. Some do, but many don't. You aren't a homer (in fact I think your swings on either the greatness of something or how horrible something is are a bit extreme) but you still can't expect to post something that is so obviously questionable as an increase in ticket sales (especially considering tickets aren't being sold at this point) and not expect some feedback. Perhaps the next time someone is feeding you some "inside information" and it seems too fantastic to be real, you could question it a bit before reporting it out to the general billikens.com community?

+1

Mr B,

There was a drop off in season ticket sales after the 2014-2015 season. Some may be coming back based on signals they're seeing: speed of process, objective of hiring with head coaching experience, U not messing around. Trying to beat the market!

It's Dr. B