Prediction

philliken

Thank you 'brianstl' for the credit. As was posted earlier under the topic 'A Loyola Preview' I picked SLU winning 68-63. We won 67-64.....pretty damn close if you ask me.

I guess this is what happens when you bet and research on college basketball 6 days a week. Maybe I need a life.

Go SLU, as was said in an earlier post, it doesn't give us a great win, but it keeps us from having a bad loss. GO BILLS!!!

NOW LET'S FOCUS ON CARBONDALE FOR SATURDAY!!!!!!

As far as RPI is concerned it is pretty close to a great win. Wins on the road are worth 1.4 I believe. This win on the road is probably better for the rpi than a home win against UNC.

KWYJBO?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Yes. A win against Loyola will very likely be more important to RPI rating than a win against UNC (Loyola will have a pretty good record as will UNC so a road win against any team winning around 20 games will always be more valuable to the rating than any home win).

However, beating UNC will be a much better win for the selection profile (RPI is only one part of the selection) as they will likely be top 25 or top 50. Loyola might be top 50 but I the team I saw last night will lose a few more games.

Anyway, it was great to pull it out. I am not sure why but it was particularly nerve-wracking (even before the roller coaster at the end). I feel lucky just to see the game considering the Celtics and BC were both on last night. I look forward to see more JJ when he gets a little more game conditioning. His intensity on the boards was much needed last night.

I agree as far as the profile of the win. SMS obvioulsly had some good rpi wins last year, but lacked any profile type wins which cost them a place in the tourney.

big non billiken games we need to root for are the future matchups that loyola will have with butler. butler has three outstanding wins on their record right now and will likely garner the only horizon at large bid unless loyola spanks them in conference. at which point, our win gets a little bigger. go ramblers.

SMS did not get into the NCAA tourney because they did not play well in the MVC conf. tourney. The NCAA said that they could only take X number of teams from the MVC and SMS lost out to Bradley - period. As Rammer said today on his show - the NCAA hates non BCS schools and as soon as they see that non BCS schools are getting too many bids, then they will scrap the RPI thing. He said it is all about money and the bigger schools bring more audience. I am not sure I agree with his last statement since what makes the Big Dance so popular is that fan all over the country get excited to watch teams from all over and to root for upsets. Seems to me, the audience is there regarless if a BCS school is in or not.

>SLU 60

>SIU 55

>

>Tatum knocks up some call after the game and then gets

>arrested for a DUI leaving her place.

We don't care that you make jabbs at Tatum and his DUI.

5 trips to the NCAA's

I think thats all that needs to be said.

Can't wait to see what else brian can come up with...

Who is he? ... and the only thing I've ever heard any rep of the NCAA state is that conference affiliation was irrelevant. I agree their performance in the conference tourney was a major reason they weren't selected

Players arrested five times in the last two years and an asst. coach indicted on federal charges. That is a program to be proud of. That is the kind of stuff everybody wants to be associated with. Wait five straight trips to the dance makes it all ok. Good to know you have you priorities straight SIUCSALUKI.

You really are an idiot. When you write he of course I would think you are speaking of a specific person, and that has never been the NCAA's stance ... so as normal you are also full of crap.