scoreboard

Excellent post!

Don't want to be a ***** poster..but the scoreboard at the Scott is embarrassingly bad. It isn't SLU's fault, but this needs to be changed immediately. Somewhere in the building should be individual player stats of those in the game, ...individual points, fouls etc...for both teams.

I can put up with the ...there is more advertising than a Cardinal Baseball game for now. Start with the scoreboard.

I was hoping someone would post that...I just can't take that problem anymore myself.

I could have sworn the stats were there for all the other games this year. I don't know what the problem was today.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

they have been there before...that is why I asked. I will not miss leaving the Scott/Savvis. similar complaint as I have with the Ed, ie the folks at the game should have more information about the game than the folks watching on TV. they are the hard core fans, and should be treated with the best information.

band again outstanding. my son from Chicago came to the first half with me. he is in a band there, and commented on the fine music at half time. liked the new rendition of the first song at half time, great drum line.

the scoreboard was pitiful. that now officially makes our games high school.

to add to the list, how about everyone has to go to the front door to get in? i asked an usher at the side door why we cant enter there anymore he said it was slu's request to save costs.

what was the deal with even less break promotions then before. and even when we do have breaks, are we supposed to think the "emcee" with the long blonde wig and the too small suit from the 80's is entertaining?

On my side 25% of the screen has been blacked out. Maybe they just decided not to put the stats up because they can't get it right anyway. I have never seen a scoreboard that frequently (yes frequently) has the wrong players up. There are quite a few times where a player scored and they still don't get him on the board. I think it was the previous game but numerous times they put the points to the wrong player and then made corrections.

Trust me having the info up doesn't really help if it is wrong

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

To some extent, I see why SLU does not want to pay ushers to stand at doors that only a few people use but this can easily be dealt with if the crowds increase. I am also assuming that for games that have a big presale that more ushers will be used. If they do that, then I am OK with hiring ushers on an individual basis. This is exactly what business would do and would be applauded for their cost containment and effeciency so we have to fair to SLU on this matter also.

I agree - no player stats is just stupid. I also agree, that whoever runs the board has been incompetent so that issue needs to be cleaned up.

I e-mailed her this morning about both the scoreboard and the closed entrance. To her great credit, she e-mailed me back a very short while later noting that she'd look into both issues.

> To some extent, I see why SLU does not want to pay ushers to stand at doors that only a few people use but this can easily be dealt with if the crowds increase. I am also assuming that for games that have a big presale that more ushers will be used. If they do that, then I am OK with hiring ushers on an individual basis. This is exactly what business would do and would be applauded for their cost containment and effeciency so we have to fair to SLU on this matter also.

That's not the point. That entrance is the northernmost, and literally hundreds if not thousands of people who park north of Scottrade use it. It's not a case of hiring extra ushers; they need x ushers to handle the turnstiles, whether they have them at solely at 14th and Clark or both there and at the midblock entrance. It's just poor planning, plus poor communications for changing it and not telling anybody.

Bonwich - I park in the area that you are describing and yes I often use the entrance in question. Yesterday, I went early to the Pre-game Coach meeting so I knew that area would not be open at the time I went. I would say that if you open that area you do need more ushers to take tickets since you have all the turnstiles open at the 14th /Clark entrance. Either way, you need only so many ushers for the size of the crowd. If it is a significant savings over the season then fine - I will walk a little further but if we are talking peanuts then I agree with you.

> I would say that if you open that area you do need more ushers to take tickets since you have all the turnstiles open at the 14th /Clark entrance.

No, you don't. You then simply don't leave all the turnstiles open at 14th/Clark. As I said, you need a set number of turnstiles to accommodate the crowd, whether it's 5 at entrance A (e.g. 14th and Clark) and none at entrance B (e.g. mid-block) and 3 at entrance C (garage), or 3 at entrance A and 2 at entrance B and 3 at entrance C.

They're not saving anything by closing an entrance -- and the larger question is, if the "save money" explanation is in fact true, why isn't SLU simply paying a flat fee rather than paying for ushers as well?

At halftime I went to guest services and the lady said they were working on it and hoped to get it up and running by the second half (the individual stats). She said that there was a problem with the communications between the computer at the scorers table and the room where the scoreboard is controlled. Without that information, the people putting the information up had nothing official to go by. Apparently they didn't get it fixed.

Thanks Joe.

With the purple ScottTrade Center logo on the floor, and the purple seats...either SLU or the St. Louis Blues needs to change their colors to purple.

The advertising all over the place is minor league stuff, but if bills need to be paid, fine. It just isn't first class imo.

I have preached this for years, ...the athletic dept needs to go on a few road trips...some schools really have a dynamic atmosphere before, during and after games...and all the timeouts, half-time etc...electric at a few places out there. Scout a few out, take those ideas and create your own unique atmosphere from it.

I think you make a good point. Went to a Louisville away game a few years ago and was amazed at how good their in-game stuff was. Even DePaul did a better job of creating atmosphere. Our in-game timeout entertainment is very lame. Nothing like having students run around dribbling basketballs and picking up pizza boxes,Oh wait we have no basketballs.

The Edward Jones Dome is no better.

Ahem...memo to anyone listening...TWA no longer has naming rights, and the Cardinals play baseball, not football here anymore. Red Seats? I don't even like them for baseball(that is another debate for another time).

Why is it the Rams scoreboard is this small thing surrounded by ads on the board for pepsi or bud or whatever...when the entire horizontal board is a videoboard in other stadiums? Spend some money cheapskates.

Cheapos...paint the seats in both arenas the teams color, or gasp a neutral color like they do at the Pepsi Center in Colorado.

Your St. Louis Purple Billikens and Purple Blues, and St. Louis Red Rams.

>LOL. I'm color blind and always thought they were blue!

Nashville,

Actually they were ALL purple when first installed. People bitched, so now the actual back and seat on the "inside" ...meaning where you put your back and butt are in fact blue. The entire outside of the seat is purple.

So it looks like a hideous ble/purple mix. And when there are empty seats that automatically fold up when not used....those look 100% purple.