Is it time for Cheryl to go?

- No TV deal for basketball - 5 games in the STL market does not count

- A questionable move to the A-10

- Declining attendence at all sporting events despite sky-rocketing enrollments

- Failure of national media attention on the SLU program

I think some serious consideration and discussion needs to occur here...Discuss. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts. Biondi, as controversial as he's been, has finally started to bring the Academic portion of SLU around and the national recognition is snowballing. Sadly, the same can't be said for Cheryl.

I think we should burn her at the stake, right now.

Even deep fried, and covered with puss she'd be more effective and attractive than Woolard. Give her a little time. It seems every Billiken sport other than golf is on the right track. I know Brad is as popular as KKKramer right now but llighten the hell up.....

You guys know how I've supported Brad this summer. But if I had to choose between BS and CL, I'd let Brad go. I think Cheryl has done a pretty decent job. Our marketing is better than it has been in the past 5 years. She got a hole in the ground for the arena. I still think the move to the A-10 was solid. How many A-10 championships did we win this year? IMO, the only thing Cheryl has botched is this TV deal. But apparently the whole conference is responsible for that one.

I've got to admit RealisticBill and I are on the same page about a lot of stuff with the hoops program, but right now is not the time to be discussing anyone's dismissal other than the Soccer coach. Cripes, we've got an arena going up for $80 or so mil, a bb team that many think is going to make a run at the dance, and other sports are doing well. The TV contract is the result of not winning in the past. If we don't accomplish that this year, then it's time to start reviewing everyone's performance or lack thereof.

let's also not lose sight of the fact that our baseball team is coming off it's best season in years and a trip to the ncaa tourney. the women's and men's soccer team again made the ncaa tourney. our volleyball team is playing in the ncaa tourney. we know the men and women's basketball teams are greatly improved.

As iggy stated, the TV deal is not Ms Levick's fault. Bruno needs to hear the rash of attitudes. she is just not doing the job. i can not think of a men's basketball conference that has taken the strides backwards that the A-10 has taken in the last two years. She needs to take steps now to stop the bleeding and get things turned around.

Letting Cherly go is the simply idiotic. She has many positive things accomplished since she gotten here. The A10 move was already a done deal before Woolard ever resigned so whether you like the Conf or not you can not pin that on her. By the way, what conferences were knocking our door down when we selected the A10 - the MVC was the only one that I knew that expressed an interest and that issue was debated to the nth degree on this board so no need to open up that stuff again. The Olympic sports including baseball are all doing better since she has gotten here. She has hired a very good women's BB coach and upgraded all the coaching hirees made to date. The arena and the practice facility are a done deal and the entire athletic program will benefit. She has increased fundraising. She is just what the dept. needed after having been so long constricted by Woolard's small goals and conservative approach to everything. As far as the A10 TV deal is concerned, she did not make that decision alone - in fact we have no idea how she voted for it when Bruno brought it up. It is not a good deal but once again, that may very well have been out of her control. We should be very grateful that we have her.

Cheryl has nothing to do with the A10 tv deal and she has fought the A10 on this and many other issues.

The athletic dept. is better organized, we have excellent teams in a lot of sports, we have some really outstanding coaches, we have a new arena going up with fantastic facilites for the coaches and the athletic department.

I am really sick and tired of people like you who are always saying people should be fired. Have you been fired? This suggestion is lunacy!

billikan, while i agree to blame cheryl levick is crazy, i do wish that the billikens athletic dept make it known to the a-10 the displeasure of this tv deal. we all beleive it was the cstv deal that painted us in the corner that screwed us. well then we should take a leadership position within the conference to make the necessary leadership changes to rectify the a-10 ship. to allow this voyage to continue down the current river is crazy. there are a lot of great things going on, but the bad things are killing us in men's basketball which is our golden goose. bruno needs to feel some heat. and if it isnt bruno's fault, then who's is it?

The TV contract has more to do with the conference than past record. The deal does not let SLU cut a deal on the local broadcast. It is all in the hands of CSTV. The CW network and CSTV are both owned by CBS. The games that were made available to Channel 11 (a CW affiliate) are only games that will not interrupt the CW network schedule. Also unless you have Dish Network or Direct TV you will not get to see the Charlotte game. That brings it down to three away games on TV.

It was merely a suggestion. Dear Lord Billikan, because I bring up a topic that I feel needs to be debated, I am suddenly public enemy number one?! Settle down there buddy, are we living in Iran where we cannot express our opinion without being burned at the stake? Relax Billikan, you added nothing to this debate.

The arena was well in motion before Cheryl got here, lets keep that in mind. Texas A&M turned around a sports program in two years, how many years will it take SLU? Baseball and volleyball are good starts, now we need the money making sports to do its share.

Perhaps she will go to...insert your ACC school here....and win back to back field hockey national titles this year, be defending men's soccer national champs, win national titles in men's and womens hoops, and strongly upgrade that weak football program....oh wait that is Debbie Yow...adding yet more hardware this week. I will have to check but I believe as I type Maryland is winning the national title in full contact underwater basket weaving.;-)

No ... you are public enemy No 1 because you haven't made a post with a lick of sense since you came on board. You trash everything you talk about ...

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

to me that doesn't make a lick on sense. Is Kim Jong from Illinois?

so you are going to knock my grammer? That's funny.

I know ... you are another one that wants to hold them accountable. What are you going to do if we don't make the tourney? Come to Bills.com and post mean posts. Oh boy ... I bet that will straighten them out. That's right ... continue to trash any and every one involved with the department. I'm sure someone will read your posts and get a clue.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

My problem is that you make such a serious suggestion--that someone be fired from their job--with no concern about the person or the fact that she really has done some good things since she arrived. I have been heavily involved in the fundraising for the Arena and you must be joking if you think it was all a done deal before Cheryl arrived. She has worked incredibly hard, under a lot of pressure, to finally bring that project to be a reality. She and her staff worked thousands of hours on the project. She personally stood up for the coaches and made sure that beautiful coaches offices, weight rooms, medical rooms, practice gyms, etc were included in the project. She supervised the complete redesign when the B of T rejected the original design as being too expensive. She has hired a number of excellent coaches, particularly Shimmy--who is terrific.

Don't you have better things to do in life than suggest that good people be fired from their jobs?