Schedule

slu72

Saint Louis University-Men's

Type: Game

Dates: 11/11/2006 to 11/11/2006

We need 2 home games yet for this year. We are willing to pay $60,000 for a guarantee and also would be open to a home and home series. Dates are Nov. 11 and Dec. 6,16,28.

[email protected]

Date Posted: 5/17/2006

Last Updated: 6/20/2006

UNC game is Dec. 22nd.

No idea about Charlotte but I doubt it. We know for sure Xavier and Dayton are partners and we have no real connection to Charlotte besides CUSA which we know they ignored last year.

i will have no problem finding a home for them. people are asking me about this game constantly and wanting tix.

i'm having second thoughts about atlantic city. at first i thought it would be neat, however, it doesnt look like the a-10 is getting any kind of deals for this thing. it will be pricy imo to come to the tourney. right now i am thinking maybe i would be better banking days off and cash for the ncaa tourney possibility instead. i doubt i can swing both. now if atlantic city put a decent package together then it would be a different story. but when i looked last, there were no bargain hotel deals and airfare to get there.

Over the years far and away the most exciting home games have been played right before Christmas and have had great crowds, from both students and average joe fans that come off the street.

Games like SIU in 93, UCLA in 96, KU in 98, GU in 05 etc. come to mind. Its when we play good teams like Arizona very early in the season that we get crappy crowds.

In my opinion the date for the UNC game couldn't be more perfect.

but it was my understanding that we weren't "locked" into them. We'll pretty much always expect to play Dayton and Xavier twice given our relative historical and geographic rivalries with them, but will probably shuffle the third team every year.

I think we all are hoping that we don't draw St. Joes twice this year.

should be a huge draw....probably going to have Hansboro's whole town there..how big is Pine Bluff? Plus any StL college hoops fan is going to want to go even if they hate the Bills...it's frigging UNC. I'm sorry I'm missing it...going to be a very special evening to my way of thinking. I just hope ESPN picks it up..which they should it's Friday night...not may college hoops on Friday's.

I was given the impression that Xavier, Dayton, and URI are our twice-a-year opponents each year, similar to how we had Marquette, Charlotte, and DePaul in C-USA twice when it went to a single division. Had the conference not split up, we were going to play those three every year. I don't know how feasible it is for the conference to set each team up with two opponents to play twice every year and a third rotator. Sure, the third one (URI) doesn't make much sense as a geographic rivalry, but it's tough to do it perfectly in a 14-team league.

Agree that in CUSA it was not going to rotate us once we were with Marquette, Depaul and Charlotte but I seem to remember them rotating the "premier" teams based on match-ups that would play well nationally on ESPN and whatnot.

I disagree that it is difficult to adjust the teams you play twice every year. For instance:

Last year:

SLU's 3: DU, XU and RI

RI's 3: SLU, Ford, Umass

St. B 3: Ford, Duq, Rich

Rich's 3: St. B, Cha, GW

Possible next year:

SLU's 3: DU, XU and St. B

RI's 3: Rich, Ford, Umass

St. B 3: Ford, Duq, SLU

Rich's 3: RI, Cha, GW

Piece of cake.

There's a lot more that goes into scheduling than just that. It's not just a grid where they can mix and match each other.

My main point was that I heard URI was going to be our third twice-a-year team until something changes in the A-10.

and you seem to be informed, then I am disapointed to hear it. We have absolutely no connection to RI and there are other A-10 "2 games" being played with no obvious geographical rivalry. Hopefully "something changes" in the A-10.

Well, going to Kingston/Kingstown works for me even if it makes no sense otherwise. Hell, if it was just about me I say put U of New Hampshire in the A-10 and lets play them twice (my wife loves to go Portsmouth, NH and they got great beer--Smuttynose!).

.. to Dayton, Xavier, and Rhode Island. That was the announcement when Charlotte and us joined the A-10 ... everybody plays each other once and three teams twice for a league slate of 16 games. I was hoping as I recall that the third team for us would have been Charlotte based on the old CUSA connection but it didn't pan out. I don't recall the how's and why's of it being done. I vaguely recall that there was a "soft" time limit on it ... the proverbial "for the time being" but without any identified window of how long it would last and what would happen if and when it changed. I also recall that there was no guarantee that if it did change, we would keep any of the current three duet games or lose all of them.

The rest of the ten games were to be rotated on a yearly basis ... home the first year, away the next. Which means this year GeeDub, La Salle, Richmond, Charlotte and Duquesne come to Savis and we go to St. Joe's, Temple, St. Bonaventure, Umass and Fordham. Road games against all five of those teams will be very, very tough. I will get to the Temple and St. Joes games ... St. Joes if I get a seat. Their fieldhouse is indeed a field house, holding like two or three thousand tops. So too is Fordham. For those doing the usual and figuring out our schedule, that .. along with road games at our usual three, is going to make tough sledding in the A10 this year.