5 Questions

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Are you on board with Coach Soderberg; if not, how long do you give him before giving him the ax? LAND A GOOD RECRUIT OR TWO THIS FALL AND MAKE THE NCAAS THIS YEAR AND HE IS COOL; OTHERWISE, ADIOS!

2. Who is your favorite Billiken player of all-time and your favorite Billiken coach of all-time?

MONROE DOUGLASS AND SPOONHOUR.

3. Who is your pick to win the starting spot at the 4?

IT PROBABLY SHOULD BE ONE OF THE TWO TRUE FRESHMEN; KNOWING BRAD, IT WILL PROBABLY BE LUKE MEYER.

4. What is your prediction for the upcoming season?

c. 20 plus wins, a trip to the Dance, but an early exit.

5. Channel 5 anchor Deanne Lane, would ya? NO COMMENT - MY WIFE READS THIS BOARD.

1. On board with Soderberg..Hope he's here for a long and productive time

2. H Waldman (Loved the comments from Spoon re: his passes) I enjoyed the Spoon years.

3. Knollmeyer

4. c. 20 plus wins, a trip to the Dance, but an early exit.

5. Yes (But I'm also a fan of Corina Collins from Fox 2)

Will someone be tallying these at the end??

I don't mind this thread. I just hope next time the board police whine about "offseason board" topics that they remember their participation here. Roy is one who is against the offseason board but seems to chime in 10-12 times on every offseason topic. Interesting.

>morning grind is horrible. like walking into a bar sober

>and trying to grasp the conversation of the three drunk guys

>at the end of the bar. they are laughing there a$$es off,

>but you think they look stupid. plus, they rarely talk

>about sports. i would think sports is necessary at a sports

>talk station. franks show is the purest sports talk show

>that also has fun and bernie is second. i'd rather listen

>to slaten than the morning grind.

Completely disagree, I quite enjoy the "Grind". And saying they rarely talk about sports is simply hyperbole. The show, while sometimes departing to other topics, almost exclusively talks sports. They just manage to do it in a humorous way rather than the stodgy, "could I be more of a tool if I tried" method of Frank Cusumano (whose show with Burwell is a runaway winner for worst show on 590, by the way).

I digress...

1. Let him fulfill his contract. If he doesn't have the program on the rise with our current talented crop along with the plethora of local recruits by that time, it'll be time to cut the cord. For now he's just fine.

2. Perry/Spoon

3. JJ. I think everyone on this board is giving too much credit to players that have played 0 minutes of college ball. I know freshman are taking on bigger roles these days but none of these guys are Greg Oden-types. 3 years of frustration over JJ's development and 3 new "flavors of the month" are the factors resulting in responses other than JJ. The only way JJ doesn't start is if he gets into the doghouse again, otherwise he will be the starter and clearly the best option. That said, at least 2 of the 3 other options will be much better players for the Bills over the course of their careers.

4. c

5. Sure.

P.S. I don't believe it's called "5 questions", is it? I thought it was the "Exit Poll". And I don't think it's a segment so much as a running topic each Friday. Could be wrong...

People must make decisions based upon their emotions for the day. This is another great reason why the offseason board should be put back. For those that think the negative feelings carry over - well, the fun stuff carry's over as well. Many responded to this thread.

I think the Dirty old man comment was sarcasm guys. He's making a fair point that people don't like the offseason board only when it's a subject they don't like. Many of the people who responded against the offseason board ... responded not only to the Billiken question ... but carried it into a hot newswoman discussion, which has nothing to do with Billiken basketball.

I was against the off season board, but after reading peoples arguments and rethinking it, I'd say I'm now for the off season board ... we should all just be mature enough to understand what happens on the off season board stays on the off season board. I wish we would give it another shot, if it gets out of control, which it admittedly did before ... then shut it down. People say that you can go somewhere else to discuss those things ... Yes, thats true ... but we want to discuss them with the people we know.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy