Dayton

kshoe

Believe me, I don't think much of the Bills chances of winning any games on the road, but this is the core of Dayton's results. Not exactly dominating.

12/03 Dayton 67, (162) Miami OH 61

12/06 Dayton 67, (293) Wagner 65

12/09 Dayton 66, (164) Louisiana Lafayette 59

12/13 Dayton 61, (114) IUPUI 59

12/20 Dayton 78, (288) Prairie View A&M 65

This game may be there for the taking.

Our schedule, from the 3 terrible RPI teams to the underperforming Butler, no SIUC and 1 game each against Louisville and Cinci is not nearly as tough as last years. We would probably need to get to 19-20 wins for legitimaite NCAA consideration whereas last year 16-17 was the needed target.

kshoe, i totally agree on both points. i cant even imagine dayton being on par with georgia tech or arizona and we proved we could play with them. i will say that we need big efforts again from frericks and izik or else forget it. we cant win with just our four tops.

you are exactly correct on the strength of schedule being much less. first off our buy games were pitiful selections. second, the likes of carbondale being gone and butler being weaker wont help. and last let's not lose sight of the fact that conference usa begins calipari scheduling this year. we no longer get two games vs louisville and cincy and now have to play everyone in the nascar division. thus our rpi will be much worse than last year unless we start winning and winning a lot.

on a side note, saw the highlights of the georgia tech game last nite. wow, they are just explosive defined.

I like the Bills' chances in this one. In fact, I feel better about this one than I did before the SMS game. There's something about playing in Springfield that seems to affect any SLU team. It doesn't matter who the coach is.

SLU has won at Dayton fairly recently so they know it can be done.

rich, if you are out of the billiken pick em contest, maybe we should start a new contest to predict how many games the tigers can hold their opponents under 90 points per game. that apparently is where quin thinks good defense starts. btw, who the hell is belmont?

;-)

Butler was scheduled when they were on the upswing so nobody could have predicted that they would slide back this year when the H and H was set up. That is the problem with scheduling a couple of years ahead of time. By the way, did anybody also think that Butler was setting moving screens - it sure seemed that way to me.

Maybe there was some of that happening, but I know that many fans don't understand what a moving screen is, and the 3 second rule - I hear lots of irate screaming around me all the time. When you set a screen, you have to be remain immobile while the guy is trying to get around you. If you move into his path, or give him a hip or whatever, that's a moving screen. It has nothing to do with a dribbler following a teammate running down court or cutting through the lane. It doesn't stop you from moving into position to set the screen, as long as you get there first. As for the 3 second rule, a new 3 seconds starts every time the ball goes up again, so you might have a lane full of guys trying to rebound and shoot for several minutes, assuming they are great rebounders and awful shots, and never have a 3 second call. Also, it doesn't apply to a player with possession of the ball if he is actively working for his shot - dribbling, faking, etc. However, once he decides not to shoot for whatever reason, he's guilty of a 3 second violation, assuming he's had possession that long. Then there's the guy who just stays in the lane too long without ever getting possession - everybody knows that one. If I'm wrong on my understanding of these two rules, I'm sure someone will speak up. The guys who explained them to me had good credentials.

Your definition of a moving screen is what I thought so it does not change what I thought I was seeing. Several times, the man setting the screen was not set and was moving into our defender - at least that is what I thought I saw. Since the refs did not call any moving screens then I am not sure if they just were missing it or if I was being bias.

There was a lot of dancing outside the arc, and I'm sure some of it was illegal. The worst part was that they were hitting all those 3s the first half! They fell into our trap and quit hitting the 3s the 2nd half, but didn't quit taking them. That particular ref crew is one of the more inept, and I don't like to see them on the floor. They miss a lot, and the brylcream guy loves to call travelling so he can get some circulation back in his hands down on that cold floor...:+