6'6 Chaminade wing Alfred Nelson on rivals

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brad hasn't offered this kid ... will someone from this board do it on his behalf today. I am tired of UB missing the boat on these kids. What we need is a more proactive board. Vtime can identify the recruits and we can take turns offering them a scholarship. I'd do this one to get things rolling, but I have to sweep the bathroom floor today.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Alfred is a sleeper in this class. He has a lot of talent and potential, but he has to be a little tougher and assertive. he was hurt much of his junior year and didn't play in a lot of games. he's long, athletic and has some nice perimeter skills. how good does alfred want to be is the question. If he continues to play well this summer, I can see him having some solid offers and a lot of people wondering, "where did he come from." there's a few other guys on his team that may be D-1 material.

bad boyz for life

let's use this thread to list all the local players in the upcoming high school class that vtime has insisted we should have offered one of our 4 scholarships for next year already. if anyone else remembers more names please cut and paste the below list add them to the list. then when brad needs to know who he should go see, he can call nate get the games to see and then match them up with the below list.

to start it off:

1. powell

2. harrellson

3. brandenberg

4. nelson

Alfred may be a sleeper in this class, but he's also a very inconsistent player. You never know which Albert you're going to get on a given night. He doesn't have much of a jumper, and he's skinny too. Brad and his staff have been watching Albert closely since before he started his freshman year of high school, and hopefully they have an accurate guage of his talent. Quite honestly, I haven't seen enough in him anytime I've seen him play to offer him a scholarship.

>let's use this thread to list all the local players in the

>upcoming high school class that vtime has insisted we should

>have offered one of our 4 scholarships for next year

>already. if anyone else remembers more names please cut and

>paste the below list add them to the list. then when brad

>needs to know who he should go see, he can call nate get the

>games to see and then match them up with the below list.

>

>to start it off:

>

>1. powell

>2. harrellson

>3. brandenberg

>4. nelson

Can you please quote my original post and tell me where I insist that SLU should offer Nelson. The word offer isnt anywhere in there. I just said he was on rivals and had a good tourney.

>> but had a great tourney at the King of the South event

>

>were you there??

It's the same event Powell shined at, but no I wasn't there. I do have reliable sources. He plays for the Falcons who I used to help out with and I made a call to brag about Powell and heard about Nelson. Then I went MOSPORTS to see the list of 2007 bigs and when I saw Powell, and Jarryd Cole on the database page, Nelson was also listed. So went to rivalshoops.com and he was listed there too. So it's not a mistake. The other 2007 Missouri players listed on rivals are PG Rahmon Fletcher who made it to the ABCD Camp Underclassman All-Star game last year where he played with OJ Mayo, Alex Tyus, Bill Walker, Kevin Love, and Taylor King among others. SG Alburey Doss is listed. At SF George Goode, and Rolandis Woodland. At C Will Bogan, a Memphis commit. Alfred is on Facebook if you guys wanna ask him about it yourselves. His AAU coach also has a website, showtymebasketball.com and they have a message board. Ask about it on there if it hasnt been mentioned already.

OJ, I heard Perry has been moved back down to the 16's, but played well since the move was made, is this true. I also heard that Pankey is doing a heck of a job running the show for the 15's. Is Richard Anderson playing with the regular 15's or your new Northside addition 15's?

vtime, maybe to help us out, you need to keep these lists for us.

make us a 2007 recruits to offer list, a 2008, a 2009, a 2010 and a 2011 list of players slu should have offered by now and you can add to it as you see fit so we can keep up with the i told you so's.

These guys should have offers from SLU and some of them do

George Goode

Jarryd Cole

Will Bogan

Josh Harrellson

Leon Powell

Rolandis Woodland

Rahmon Fletcher

Alex Tyus

Marvin McNutt

Deandre Gilmore

Scott Suggs

John Brandenburg

Brett Thompson

Jared Swopshire

Jesse Perry

Kramer Soderberg

Anthony James

Torres Roundtree

Femi John

Ron Waller

Tyler Griffey

Bryant Allen

Gavin Glanton

Lance Stephenson

Lonnie Boga

Richard Anderson

>from Vtime. Just go to Vashon's website or get a

>program....voila, a list of all SLU's prospective recruits.

I posted my list of classes 2007-2009. Only 1 Vashon player is listed. Vashon does however have a website http://vashonhighschool.com/

If Brad doesn't offer Powell soon its gonna be too late if it isn't already. Bradley offered, there not that far away and had a much better season than SLU. How disrespectful that his first offer had to come from outside Saint Louis.

I'm a little confused here; we can't make more offers than we have scholarships...if we have four, we can't tell the fifth guy "we'll let you have this one if xxxxx says no. think about it though."

Whether they're talented or not, we have a fixed amount of scholarships, so we have to be kinda careful about who gets the offers and when they get them.

somewhere convienient so coach soderberg can find and start offering accordingly. it would sure save our coaching staff a lot of time.

nate, your inference that the billikens coaches dont attend enough high school games is ridiculous that is why. i have seen our coaches at far more games than i ever saw spoonhour at. i see him at more games than i see lowery, webber or hinson at. plus factor in the ncaa limitations of days they can be out scouting, it truly does make sense to save those days for the hot days of summer to view the aau tourney's.