Grimes - 7 Others May Be Leaving...

Schasz

meaning changing the current situation results in adaptations that end up favoring no one.

For instance Grimes comes here.........A New fresh face is added to Missouri, he hits the recruiting trail perhaps has recruited Halls, Stemler from another school and now goes back an says how would yo like to play in the B12, you have PT, ........

I would rather bring in the one we are recruiting and then consider adding a transfer if they fit!

>meaning changing the current situation results in

>adaptations that end up favoring no one.

>

>For instance Grimes comes here.........A New fresh face is

>added to Missouri, he hits the recruiting trail perhaps has

>recruited Halls, Stemler from another school and now goes

>back an says how would yo like to play in the B12, you have

>PT, ........

>

>

>I would rather bring in the one we are recruiting and then

>consider adding a transfer if they fit!

Grimes fits, 6'9 260, powerful rebounder and explosive dunker. Played very well as the season ended,when given time. Played well in the season finale against Nebraska showing range out to the ft line on his jumper. Also MU signed the top JUCO player in the nation.

I would have no problem with Grimes coming - the problem is he has to sit next year out and that does not help us. Right now I am focused not only on the long term but the short term as well. By the time Grimes is ready to play, Brad could maybe - big maybe - find a compariable player that can step in for 4 yrs.

Why not get both? Are there any indications that Knollmeyer wants to come. If MU releases him from the scholarship than he wouldn't have to sit out. Isn't that what happened at Baylor. They let the kids out of their schollie's because of Dennehy situation.

>I'd rather have Knollmeyer for 4 than Grimes for 2. And

>Knollmeyer doesn't have to sit out.

True but I'd rather have one of Knollmeyer or Grimes than neither. This just gives us another solid option up front. Grimes would be available to step in at center after Ian graduated. That would give us a lift.

>Who knows the NCAA may grant them a waiver.

Not a chance. Waivers are only granted in exceptional circumstances (i.e. Baylor's situation 2 years ago). A coach getting fired is not that.

Also, the players would have to be granted permission to contact then transfer to certain schools. Who says that Mizzou grants permission to anyone to talk to SLU, or anyone at all? If that is the case then the kid still sits but loses a year of eligibility.

However, if Mizzou hires Anderson, as I think they will, the kids are staying.

for a school to not grant a kid his release. If any of the Mizzou players decide to transfer I'd be shocked if they had to lose a year of eligibility to do so.

I'm also not sure about your statement that a kid has to ask for permision to call any school after he announces he wants to transfer. Before he announces he wants to transfer, yes, but not after he says he wants to transfer.

"Grimes fits, 6'9 260, powerful rebounder and explosive dunker."

even if grimes would have warranted double the minutes played, he would have barely averaged 5 rpg. other than an impressive football body, he is one of the most under achieving players i have ever watched. and it has been that way ever since he has been in high school.

the belleville news democrat has a full page today on the history of the jets aau team and any current or former players as to where they are now and a college they are committed to. knollmeyer is listed as committed to wisconsin milwaukee? i dont know if that is false information or new news.

Horton did indeed say those things. The one with a credibility problem is Horton, not the newspaper reporting what he has to say.

Anybody that believed Horton's statement that all 8 players are going to leave is naive at best. However, I could see any one of those 8 players (or more) leaving for any multiple of reasons.

He's played well all year when he's gotten a chance, especially in the season finale. They stuck with Young because they thought he was some defensive center or something. Grimes will kill in the A10. Just like at Central, Mizzou struggled to get him the ball. When Grimes gets the ball inside he dunks it, it's as simple as that. He may get some charges like Ian did this year, but he is an outstanding player who never underachieved on the AAU scene and was top 100 or 150 player in the nation out of high school. He took the Eagles to nationals as a sophomore playing on the 17U level. He was a 4 star player according to rivals.com. He was a very high-major kid and we would take any other high-major kid that tried to transfer in, but we hate on our own.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/vie...t=2&pr_key=8980

On scouthoops.com he was also a 4 star player

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=447155

He was offered by

Missouri

Arkansas

Illinois

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

If they'll take him, we'll take him.

grimes would not "kill" in the a-10. personally i dont think he can kill in division II. i admit he has big time talent. but he has no ambition and drive. he was dominated by 6'2" centers in high school and couldnt beat out the biggest stiff at mi$$ouri since the haley boys in kevin young. considering $nyder was desparate to win this year, for anyone to insinuate grimes wasnt given a chance at mi$$ouri is naive.

i think it is laughable that a group of players from a team that performed like it did at mi$$ouri this year thinks they have any weight to throw around. if i was alden, i would drive them all to the bus station.

Cheesy, they are all going to wait and see what happens. Watkins has made some friends with the players, but he is not going to be the next head coach. The new head coach is going to have a big sales job when he meets the players, no doubt.

Judging from about nine games this year, it may not be a bad idea to let most of the players leave. They rarely functioned as a team.

I've said it in the past, but everything these players did under quin can be taken with a grain of salt. There's no telling how well they'd play together with some good coaching.

That said, you won't find me crying if Jason "pick up my dribble at half court" Horton decides to take his game to a school where his talents are more suited, like UMKC.