Arena Fundraising

cheeseman

Having talked to an AB employee who has more insight than myself, sounds like they are not planning to step up for naming rights. It is more likely they will make a generous donation and have signage inside, but nothing in the neighborhood of what it will take to get their name on the building. I just hope SLU doesn't end up with some jacked up sponsors name like careerbuilder.com arena. Let's have some standards!

AB will not name the arena - Kappy is more right regarding what AB might do. At this point beggers can not be choosers. I just have no idea who might be interested from a naming rights angle. Right now more importantly is to get the 12 million - naming rights can come anytime even a year or two later after the building opens.

Ummm...so the local macrobrewery has this little ballpark downtown that already has its name on it. Do you honestly think they'd want to have Busch Stadium and Busch Arena in the same market?

As for some of the other suggestions, you should be reminded that SBC no longer exists, nor does Purina. (Nor Pulitzer...it's not like there are a whole lot of big companies headquartered in St. Louis anymore.)

I'm thinking that, by the time he retires, the name Biondidome still might be available.

...the Arena will be named the AlumniFan Dome. I have already contacted Fr. Biondi and Cheryl. Check's in the mail. Also, I get to say who gets in and who doesn't. Heh, heh, heh.... Nervous anyone?

Seriously, don't be surprised if they forego naming rights at this point. I think the focus has moved from trying to get one big donor to really courting those who are in a position to pony up significant, but not naming right sums. That said, if someone shows up with a $10,000,000 check, I am sure they would accept it....Joe?

You need someone who is starting out, wanting to get their names into the media nationally (as we improve our visibility in the bball world) where they may not really be known yet...

Express Scripts growing leaps and bounds

Centene Corporation if they can build this big office complex in Clayton, they should be able to increase their visibility with the Centene Center at SLU, incorporate some of their work with the Medical Center, Law School with its medical law area, or the business school.

This is just little ole me thinking outside the box a little.

mhg