Bubble dreams?

pooch1918

I think GW is going to get in regardless...but not a done deal yet. They are not likelyto stumble in last 4 and conf tourney...but if they do...trouble city...that 212 SOS ...wow! strong record vs RPI top 100 and top solid against RPI top 50 should get them in. Losing a few games down the stretch...well I wouldn't recommend it, and I don't see it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GW will get beat in the tournament-- near-guarantee. They just are not that good. Sorry, GW fans, but sometimes the truth hurts.

A10 will have 2 teams in the NCAA's--because GW will get an at-large. I think the mission of the entire conference should be to beat GW in the tournament. We may be the ones to do it, but if we do not, someone else will.

That is my prediction and I almost stand by it!

gw has little to play for? if they win out, will gw be in position for a number 2 seed maybe? i think gw has a lot to play for.

as to them not being that good, as much as i thought we had a shot at beating them, they have proven they are a good team simply from the fact no one is beating them.

>

>GW will get beat in the tournament-- near-guarantee. They

>just are not that good. Sorry, GW fans, but sometimes the

>truth hurts.

>

>A10 will have 2 teams in the NCAA's--because GW will get an

>at-large. I think the mission of the entire conference

>should be to beat GW in the tournament. We may be the ones

>to do it, but if we do not, someone else will.

>

>That is my prediction and I almost stand by it!

I'll stand behind that. GW has played a very very weak schedule. I guess next year Brad should schedule 1 top 25 team on the road and a bunch of buy games and we could be top 25! Conference tourney time is a totally different animal.

This board needs to give credit to the teams that deserve it. You guys are talking about the bills being a bubble team when they are the 90th best team in the country. Last time I checked only 65 teams make the tourney. The bills would have to get therir rpi under 30 to make tourney. That is not happening.

GW not that good? They are going to go undefeated in the a-10. They are going to send three players to the pros. They have only lost 1 game.

Why don't you guys tell me how Lisch is a better shooter than Reddick?

I know I'm credible and I have nothing to prove. I would be happier with SLU making it to the championship of the NIT than a first round exit in the NCAA tourney. Get the team playoff tested for next year rather than a one and done trip to the NCAA's. Our current seniors are crap and dont deserve a trip to the NCAA. At least Drejaj has shown he can hit a big shot in the NIT. We might even get a chance to knock on MU in the NIT. Next year is time to look to NCAA's not this year. I hope the Bills make the NCAA's and pull of some upsets, but I'm not holding my breath.

>Our current seniors are crap and dont

>deserve a trip to the NCAA. At least Drejaj has shown he

>can hit a big shot in the NIT. We might even get a chance to

>knock on MU in the NIT. Next year is time to look to NCAA's

>not this year. I hope the Bills make the NCAA's and pull of

>some upsets, but I'm not holding my breath.

Seniors? Senior. Drejaj is the only senior on the team.

Crap? I think he has proven his worth to this team. Take the Temple game for example. Over 50% shooting. 15 points. The intangibles that don't show up on a box score or stat sheet when they actually print them in the PD. The leadership of being the only senior on the team. The Iowa NIT game. I think Drejaj has done an outstanding job in his 4 years. He will also be capping off a superb career with another postseason appearance.

I wouldn't say AD has had an outstanding 4 years, but I would say he leaves it all on the floor every game, is a leader of the team and has an up and down career performance wise. Overall I am glad AD played for SLU.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

scoop go back and look the last 10 years or so. the rpi has more to do with "the bubble" than the total number of wins. that is why i brought up the rpi number. it is my opinion that a 40 rpi is a necessity to have a nearly in shot of the ncaa at large bid. so to get close to 40 would constitute "bubble".

i would be willing to wager that there will be more 20+ win teams that dont make the tourney than teams with 40 rpi teams that dont.

>That is what I am talking about. VTIME can post. Unlike

>most of you pin heads.

>

>Drejaj is average at best. Good roll player. No one to

>build a program around. He won't be missed.

No one is saying Drejaj is a consensus all american, or even all conference. He has had a good career at SLU.

If you want to talk about reality, here's some. There are very few teams in the nation that can have a team full of high school all americans. The ROLE players (they play a role, they're not edible) are often the most important pieces of the puzzle. The majority of players are role players. It's no insult to be a role player. Time will tell if he will be missed or not.

V'Shun Newborne is a senior on the team as well.

I hope AD finds tigerbreath behind some academic hall late some nite by his lonesome, so he can tell AD he is crap. AD has served the Slu faithful well using all his god given talents, and some nites even more than he should be entitled to. He WILL be missed and his effort, and ball smarts.

mhg

No, he is not going to the NBA. No, he will not be a Billiken scoring leader. No, he is not the most talented Billiken on the floor. However, tell me who has shown more heart and determination? Tell me who has been a better leader? Tell me who has a better percentage hitting 3 pt shots this year other than Lisch (and just barely at that)? Tell me who has more steals other than Liddell (and by just one)? Drejaj always plays hard and has never known the word "quit".

This kid plays his heart out every time he is on the floor.

VTIME, you are simply way too young to understand, let alone appreciate, what that means. Talk to me in 20 years and after a LOT more life experiences and see if you can then call Anthony Drejaj "crap".

That comment from you has caused me to lose any respect I had for you. And your youth is no excuse.

Why does anyone even respond to Tigerwuss. Maybe if anything he says gets completely ignored by all but the other idiots he will go away. It may take a while but eventually he will either go or just post messages to himself.

I was lookoing forward to meeting him and buying him a beer at either Sportszone or at the Savvis the last couple of games ... but he wasn't there ... which surprised me. I really thought he would come by. He seems so bright, inteligent and he really knows his basketball. I think he is a good player also, I heard through the grapevine his team won at recess two days in a row.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

>No, he is not going to the NBA. No, he will not be a

>Billiken scoring leader. No, he is not the most talented

>Billiken on the floor. However, tell me who has shown more

>heart and determination? Tell me who has been a better

>leader? Tell me who has a better percentage hitting 3 pt

>shots this year other than Lisch (and just barely at that)?

>Tell me who has more steals other than Liddell (and by just

>one)? Drejaj always plays hard and has never known the word

>"quit".

>

>This kid plays his heart out every time he is on the

>floor.

>

>VTIME, you are simply way too young to understand, let alone

>appreciate, what that means. Talk to me in 20 years and

>after a LOT more life experiences and see if you can then

>call Anthony Drejaj "crap".

>

>That comment from you has caused me to lose any respect I

>had for you. And your youth is no excuse.

Drejaj is crap, he might score if you leave him absolutely wide open. He's slow, doesnt handle the ball well, has a ton of turnovers. His defense isnt even great every game. He has no athleticism. He has not had a good career. Never came close to scoring double figures, and for a guy who doesnt score that much where are the assists. For a guy with no real tools, the least he could do is be a top free throw shooter, but he's not even that. He was a second thought player who qualified late, and he gets way too much credit for showing emotion while not really doing a whole lot. Several 0 and 2 ponit games. Even SLU wouldnt sign him now if he were coming out of high school. There are much better players on every D2 team in this state.

for 4 years coach soderberg has had anthony drejaj guarding the top opposing player. considering you know he is not a good defender, that is an amazing happening.

of course he isnt a star. but he will leave slu knowing he always gave it his all and he got more out of his talent than a lot of players that go through the motions.

the fact that you downplay drejaj and just a couple of weeks ago you were trumpeting mi$$ouri players, speaks volumes about what you look for in a player. thank god that coach soderberg picks our team and not you.