Brad....Keep or let go

billikenman

Billikenman, try to use this forum as an opportunity to use proper spelling and grammar. Not only are your suppositions idiotic, you make yourself look like a moron with your poor spelling and incoherent thought processes. Of course we need to depend on recruits desire to stay close to home, you nitwit. Have you ever been to the West Pine Gym? At this point in time the only thing Brad is selling regarding great facilities is a computer generated drawings. And why are you bashing the Blue crew? They're showing up and making noise, which is more than can be said for the rest of aarp dominated crowd.

Anyone who wants to get rid of the coach is nuts! Give the guy some time. He had a great recruiting class last year and has a team that will only get better. Programs that change coaches every few years do not succeed. I think we are headed in the right direction. If we finally break ground this year on a new facility we will have another great selling point for local recruits and national recruits.

This coach has us going in the right direction. SLU will not screw it up by getting rid of him. We need a long-term coach not a revolving door policy. Brad needs to stay for many years.

You guys are all f'ing losers. You feel that an average coach with average players with average fans are some how Gods. Blue Crew doesn't do ###### at games. They sit there with the mirror bricks...WOW CONGRATS, THAT REALLY WINS GAMES. Go to a school like Mizzou and see real fans. Several times the Blue Crew yelled at friends of mine for being too roudy or yelling mean things. ONCE AGAIN, GO TO A REAL SCHOOL AND SEE WHAT FANS SAY AND DO. You act like SLU being average is some f'ing awesome victory. WOW. 50 Blue Crew kids came to a game...cookies for all of them since they are so GREAT...WE ARE THE BEST TEAM EVER. Ohhhhh I am a jerk cause I can see how bad this program is at times....sorry that I have a brain and can see that SLU has an average basketball team and until they makes some changes and try to win we are going to be nothing but average. You all think you are so great...How's that arena...Maybe the best fans in the world, the Blue Crew, can build it for us cause those 50 fans are so amazing. SO BEING HAPPY WITH F'ING .500 BASKETBALL. WE HAVEN'T DONE ###### AND WILL SUCK UNTIL PEOPLE GET DOWN ON THE TEAM WHEN THEY SUCK AND ACUTALLY CARE WHEN THEY DO. THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS FOR A BUNCH OF LITTLE GIRLS WHO NEVER SEE ANYTHING BAD WITH THE PROGRAMS..OPEN YOUR EYES AND SAY STUFF EVEN THOUGH IT MIGHT NOT BE CUTE

Gosh guys, billikenman thinks we have an average basketball team. What an astute observation. Billiken man is so smart, he is a real fan. He is what I aspire to be. I suggest you guys do the same.

Thanks Billikenman you are my hero

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

would be my choice to see a real basketball program and great fans. Duke of the Midwest, right? Let's see brand new arena named after a cheater and Paris Hilton wannabe, that is like half full for most games. Lost to Powerhouse Sam Houston State at home, and let's not forget Belmont, which are just the type of games to generate real excitement. A lame duck coach, a University President who invited a parolee to his annual bbq...yup, now that's a program you can be proud of. I think his riddlin prescription expired.

"WE HAVEN'T DONE ###### AND WILL SUCK UNTIL PEOPLE GET DOWN ON THE TEAM WHEN THEY SUCK"

this guy is a genius. i bet he even graduated from mi$$ouri!!

He's a frustrated SLU fan. Which is fine. Not sure what ripping on the Blue Crew has to do with his frutrations though. The effort is there and the showing's been better. Fault the other students in the University, not the Blue Crew. The Blue Crew is growing and getting better all the time. It's the first actual organized student fans in years. Give them a break.

I really have no problem with SLU fans being MU fans. Each to their own. Not sure I understand the argument though. MU is a big state school is in a town where they are the only game in town and yet had has bad attendance this year. Not to mention a good majority of their fans have abandoned them in this time of self induced adversity. I've never understood why MU fans feel they are this big national powerhouse both from a basketball program standpoint and a fan standpoint. Compared to who? SLU? Well, great. But considering we are just a struggling mid major why all the comparisons to us. Do the research, no national media no other big powerhouse program considers MU in this category. So, where does it come from? Just curious.

I don't know if we will ever know that or not. Maybe his excpectations are so high and hence his frustrations are out of control. We all tend to vent in different ways. I am not advocating people post like this, but nothing really suprises me anymore.

I can put up with negative messages; I have a tendency to scream at the team myself during games when their play is more excruciating than getting a tooth pulled. What I do have a problem with is the dude's obvious lack of intelligence. I was drawn to this message board because people have a tendency to write in complete sentences with correct spelling. You see, when you're around .500 it's always fun to at least believe that you and your friends are smarter than other people. Well, Billikenman, if you graduated from SLU or are going there now you have shot that concept all to hell. Thanks alot, loser. If you love Boone County so much, by all means move there permanently.

I'm not a Mizzou student. Mizzou is a state school yes, but who paid for their whole arena?????? A private person. SLU has had like 3 years to work on private donations for the arena and look how far we got. I remember it was going to be a new arena for a new conference. Welllooks like that will be off by a good 3 years. You also say that Mizzou is the only draw in town. SLU is the only D-1 school in a large metro area and we haven't been getting the good players even with this. We are basically the NBA team for St. Louis and we can't draw more then 8,000 for an average game. Mizzou might have a coach with questionable ways but atleast he brings in good players. Anyone of the kids on that team would be the best player SLU has. Tommie Lidell would be lucky to be top 10 as far as athletic talent. Quin may be a bad coach but he is a hell of a recruiter. I get mad cause you fans act like SLU is really good. Coach is below .500 at SLU and hasn't done much to show that he is infact a good coach at all. His glory years were as an assistant. He doesn't seem like the guy who can come in a build a program like Romar or even Spoon was. Until he gets into the NCAA he hasn't done anything. You keep saying that we need to give him more time. Keep in mind that the time he's been here, he's already earned over 1,000,000 from the University, and I say earned lightly.

You keep referring to the Billikens and Billiken Fans as "you" rather than "we." I'm guessing you need to change your handle, bubba. Tommie Liddell may not start if he was playing for the Tigers but only because quin is an idiot. I wouldn't trade a single tiger for him.....(though we could certainly use brown this year)

billikenman said,

"I'm not a Mizzou student. Mizzou is a state school yes, but who paid for their whole arena?????? A private person."

that is incorrect. walmart only funded a little less than 50% of the arena.

billikenman said,

"SLU has had like 3 years to work on private donations for the arena and look how far we got."

and if a walmart billionaire would step up and pay $25 million slu would have raised twice as much money as mi$$ouri did to build the paigearena.

billikenman said,

"SLU is the only D-1 school in a large metro area and we haven't been getting the good players even with this."

actually in the last two years slu has gotten almost all of the top players each year from st louis. lisch, polk, meyer, liddell are all former all-metro players. what better local player has slu missed on the last two seasons?

billikenman said,

"We are basically the NBA team for St. Louis and we can't draw more then 8,000 for an average game."

actually, even if you take gonzaga and iowa out of the mix, the average attendance for this season is 9,203. and that includes the jackson state and kennesaw state games that were only around 7k.

billikenman said,

"Mizzou might have a coach with questionable ways but atleast he brings in good players. Anyone of the kids on that team would be the best player SLU has. Tommie Lidell would be lucky to be top 10 as far as athletic talent."

that is your opinion. i believe that only brown and gardiner could even start for slu. and i would take a lot of the billikens before the next tiger off the bench.

"billikenman said,

"Quin may be a bad coach but he is a hell of a recruiter."

i used to think somewhat the same, but considering the problems he has brought to mi$$ouri in players and the busts that many of the players turned out to be, i fail to see how you can say that.

billikenman said,

"I get mad cause you fans act like SLU is really good. Coach is below .500 at SLU and hasn't done much to show that he is infact a good coach at all."

coach soderberg's record at slu is under 500 because of last year. a lot of us believe last year was a result of the two best players on the team being injured all year. take the two best players any year for any team and show me the team that still won. to say he hasnt done much is also a joke. sure he hasnt gotten to the ncaa tourney yet, but the first two years he overachieved with those rosters and lack of depth.

billikenman said,

"His glory years were as an assistant. He doesn't seem like the guy who can come in a build a program like Romar or even Spoon was."

i was the biggest romar fan on the board. but with the exception of the miracle in memphis year, soderberg did accomplish and win more than romar. as to spoon, he had some good seasons and did indeed get to the ncaa tourney 3 times. but spoon had more sub 500 seasons in just his time at slu than soderberg had in his entire coaching career.

billikenman said,

"Until he gets into the NCAA he hasn't done anything. You keep saying that we need to give him more time. Keep in mind that the time he's been here, he's already earned over 1,000,000 from the University, and I say earned lightly."

that salary is a lot less than what $nyder makes for his cheating (both on the court and off and in his professional and private life) bizzare coaching ways. but if you love him and mi$$ouri so much, please ask steve to change your name accordingly to mi$$ouriman which is what you deserve and obviously want.

Not only did he probably graduate from State U, but I believe he is also on the St. Louis airwaves, AM 590, between 3:00 & 7:00. Welcome King, to Billikens.com.

I especially enjoyed his talent assessment that neither TL or KL could play for State U. This is further evidence of the Billikenman's identity--Kevin Slaten. Only someone as biased and clueless as Slaten could come on any basketball board and claim that TL &/or KL wouldn't be in Mizzou's top 10 player rotation. Golly, if pretty "Q" had either one of them this year he might have been able to save his job.

Thanks for posting on this board, King. You bring a new level of stupidity to that of some of our other favorite posters such as Billiphan.

I have not listened to Slaten's show for at least a year, and at that time he hated Quin, Brad and Bruce Weber. But to conceal his real identity I believe he has taken a pro-Mizzou stance on Billikens.com. (Just kidding)

I refuse to have anything I do or say be interpreted as adding to his viewership. Last year it was particularly funny to have him stating, early in the season when I listened sometimes, that Weber was NOT a good coach. Humm.......2nd in the NCAA Tourney? How did the blowhard get himself out of that one? (I don't really want an answer)

you know it wouldnt surprise me that one of these lacky's that are here blasting away could be one of the media tiger lovers that are only upset with pretty q though.