Billiken bar coverage

Scoop

Does anyone know of any drinking establishments in west county that show billiken games? I like to grab a beer and watch the road games but it is hit and miss because half the places have satellite instead of cable. It would also be nice to go somewhere where other people in the bar actually watch the game and cheer. Little help.

I bet if we were to establish a place to go and do some business with the place, they would be likely to have us come back again and again.

I asked a few weeks ago for a place and a date for us to get together for our annual get together. Hopefully over winter break so SSG could attend. Most of the games at the end of Dec are at home. SSG you here Dec 13, Ole Miss game?

What say ya'll?

mhg

New to the board, but had to chime in on this topic because isn't easy to catch the Bills on the tube at local bars.

Sports Zone has always been really good about putting on the Bills whenever i've asked. Their set up is first rate and seem to go out of their way to find whatever game/event people want regardless of how many people will be watching.

We did sport zone on Watson for our last event, they put us over to the side, but couldn't do the audio for just our area, so we only saw the video of the game, and had to listen to the Blues or whatever generic sports event was on at the time.

If someone has an 'in' there and we can schedule it in advance, giving them firm numbers of how many will show, it will help our cause immensely.

Would really like to be sure our fearless leader Slu Sign Guy is able to come and get well deserved kudos from the group.

mhg

it is my opinion that we dont want to go to one of the big sports bars. we will only be a number to them. pick out some place more quaint but anxious for our business. from what i understand, peppers might be the perfect place.

i was thinking the zone was where we went for the marquette game last year. we were treated like crap imo.

here's a thought, why doesnt the billiken club have it set up at the busch center. i would think it would be a great opportunity to recruit new members.

little off topic, but when I saw AD in your post, it took me 3 thoughts to understand what you saying.

Anthony Drejaj

Athletic Director...

AD = Advertisement.

Well, that is steve's brain fart moment of the day.

For reference, I get back to StL on the 19th. Booster, thanks for wanting me there, but don't let me dictate what you guys do.

It is my experience that at SportsZone they more often than not will be accomodating. That being said, if you call ahead and reserve one of the private rooms, you can watch whatever you want on a big screen and leather couches with your own private waitress. Now it costs like 45 bucks to rent the room, but you get a free apetizer tray....although that doesn't go a long way. Just a thought for you guys.