game

although i am disappointed with the loss, i am very encouraged by reggie bryant. this was his coming out party. he reminded me a lot of erwin clagget/justin love. lets just hope this wasn't a fluke from him.

where were those officials from? i would love to see the foul count because we got absolutely no calls.

we need a big man. frericks hasn't shown me much yet and varner can't play with the big boys.

sloan is the man. i remember when romar recruited him he compared him to brian cardinal from purdue. he's always been the tough, gritty type, but now his skill level is beginning to catch up. i just wish he and drejaj could have knocked a few more down from the outside.

we have a true point guard - fisher. i was worried when we found out morris wasn't coming, but i think at this point fisher is as good a point guard as slu has had since h waldman.

ohanon - looked o.k. will he be losing minutes to johnson in the near future? johnson played a great game for the limited amount of time he was in there.

gotta move on now. the schedule doesn't get much easier from here.

I actually was a little disappointed by Sloan's performance today. He missed a few free throws and wide open threes, and he didn't board very well for most of the game. He did play well down the stretch.

Reggie looked great offensively. We have really needed him during the last year or two. Although, he needs to do a better job of getting in the defender's face from outside the three point line.

Our guards really do a great job of not turning the ball over. Frisher and Drejaj were great with the ball today.

JJ needs to find his man when he gets back on defense, but he otherwise had a nice game. I think I like his future.

Frericks could have been a factor today because no one on Arizona had the width to block him out in the post. Unfortunately, he once again committed unnecessary fouls and didn't get many minutes.

Yeah I agree this game is something the Bills can build on. I would

have love to have seen more aggression from O'Hanon. He shies away from contact and doesn't really gets after it. Surprising considering

who he plays for. Bryant looked much better, I don't believe his

performance was a fluke. I would like for Chris Sloan to attack for

the whole game like when he flushed it on the break. Stop pump faking so much just go up and convert or get fouled. Fisher is an excellent

defender but he is not a playmaker and that hurt them against Arizona.

Nark, I agree Sloan didn't have his best game - his shot wasn't falling. But he really gets after it and came up big at the end of the game. If his three's were falling at all, we win that game.

Jalensdad, I agree that Fisher isn't the prototypical playmaker - he's not fancy or anything like that - but he protects the ball so well and makes some big plays. He had one awesome backdoor pass to Drejaj today. I think he has evolved into a true pointguard - maybe not a fancy playmaker - but a pg who can pass, shoot, and play d. we haven't had one like that in years.

I thought today's game was positive for Izik as opposed to his play in the first four games. I don't believe he had one turnover, he played solid defense, and took jump shots as opposed to runners in traffic. I think he only had 2 shots but he was more controled on the offensive end (moved the ball well). Obviously the coaching staff has been working with him as his decisions on offense were markedly different today. I think he can gain confindence and build off the style of play we saw today from Izik.

Some of those foulds weren't his fault. The first two calls were absolutely ridiculous and basically the refs made the decision to foul him out of the half. The third foul was totally his fault as he came over Frye's back trying to get an offensive rebound that he had very little shot of getting. His free-throws were ugly. I almost long for Kenny Brown at the line after seeing those.

kshoe said, "His free-throws were ugly. I almost long for Kenny Brown at the line after seeing those."

even i, the biggest kb booster remaining, doesnt long for that! i am willing to give frericks a chance. he has outstanding hands and a big body. now he needs to tone down the "bull in a china shop" act and use his brains with his brawn. he has all the tools to be the necessary 5th man imo. but if he doesnt get it soon, here's hoping justin johnson does.

I still have hopes that Tom Frericks will be a steady player in the middle for the Bills this season, but what we've seen so far has been very underwhelming. In 17.9 minutes per game, Frericks is averaging 4.4 points and 4.4 rebounds, shooting 36.4 percent on free throws, and committing a foul every 5.9 minutes.

Arizona had 20 free throw attempts to the Bills 10...The refs were just awful...Arizona was more aggesssive than the Bills but got away with grabs,bumps etc....We cannot get a call on our home court...I could never understand this unless our coaches are not on the refs like some coaches (i.e. Huggie)

brad worked the refs, but judging by facial expressions, they werent buying like they were from the music man at the other end of the court.

i agree the arizona guards were extremely agressive. slapping, grabbing, etc. yet we only had 10 turnovers and all three guards were in double figures. we have 3 really nice guards.

>Some of those foulds weren't his fault. The first two calls

>were absolutely ridiculous and basically the refs made the

>decision to foul him out of the half. The third foul was

>totally his fault as he came over Frye's back trying to get

>an offensive rebound that he had very little shot of

>getting. His free-throws were ugly. I almost long for Kenny

>Brown at the line after seeing those.

Interesting note: I sat with a very well respected high school ref from the east side. 10 minutes in to the game he said" their not going to let you win" referring to the officials. He said he could tell by the targeted calls and what he called "flow calls" meaning breaking a teams flow when on a run.

Roy...maybe its too early to tell or not, but I think Brad is in the Romar mold of working refs. Other coaches (huggins, pitino, squid calapari) are ALWAYS working the refs whereas it seeme like Brad and in the past zo, held their tounge until they were really ticked off. Perhaps getting on them earlier in the game would have helped.

Late i the 2nd half whenn i thought things were slipping away, i mentioned to someone "maybe he needs to get a T called on himself to get the crowd and team back into it".

Now i'm generally not a guy who likes to give the other team the ball, but we've all seen how a T can help in some cases.

Your thoughts??

Hey, TheBand are you a freekin moron or what! Yeah your leading The Arizona Wildcats all game. They suddenly take the lead about midway through the game. Here's an idea let's get a T to pump up the crowd. Smart you Jack*** Your in the game against the #8 ranked team in the nation and you want to give them two free-throws and the ball out of bounds. Did you wake up one morning and find your brain in a cracker jack box! Figure it out. If you don't know what your talking about stay off the damn message board. And that goes foe all you idiots that don't know what there talking about. Like the people are saying Bryant had a great game....come on people if you score 20+ points what good is that if the guy your guarding drain at least 5 three pointers on you cuz your to slow to get a hand in his face. And all the people that are dogging Fisher. Saying he's not a pointguard,he only had 4 assists, he's not a leader, Bla Bla Bla. Fisher the Glue that holds this team together period. Obviously you people don't watch the game cuz if you did you would see Fisher constantly yelling at people telling them where to go on the floor. Hmmm that doesn't sound like leader to me. Why don't you people do a little research and find out where Fish is on the all time assists list. He has a legitimate shot at finishing #1 ALL TIME. Not to bad for a guy that doesn't get that many assists and isn't a point guard. Hold on isn't that what a point guard is suppose to do? You people make me sick!!!