Pitino Throws His Players Under The Bus…

The absolutely unnecessary jab at mizzou was my favorite part. 

Pitino: “It’s not the job. You could be at Missouri and recruit slow players. Believe me, it’s not St. John’s. We had to put together a team at the last second. We will never, ever, do that again.”

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

The absolutely unnecessary jab at mizzou was my favorite part. 

Pitino: “It’s not the job. You could be at Missouri and recruit slow players. Believe me, it’s not St. John’s. We had to put together a team at the last second. We will never, ever, do that again.”

Pitino is a closeted Billiken fan.

Hey, that’s Travis Fords mentor and shoulder to cry on….makes sense, doesn’t it? Coach Pitino called me and told me hang in there, it’ll get better….Pitino is 100% right it will once Ford is gone. Travis left that part out. 

When anyone says we can’t hire this coach or that coach because he doesn’t have x amount of college experience look at these two guys and how dumb they sound after all these years coaching college! Common sense says throwing something together last minute in any aspect of life or work ever works out. These type of coaches are fly by night, con artist, without old ways of cheating totally exposed now with NIL. Have to actually work and they don’t know how to, everything has been given to them all these years in one way or another. They totally believe their own BS is another factor as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

St. John's is 2-0 since, including a 14 point win over Creighton. 

I think it was the white suit.

Apparently he didn't want to do it, his wife and others encouraged him so he called "Armani" and they said 3 hours wasn't enough so he, "sweetened the pot" (his words).

On 2/19/2024 at 8:29 PM, Dr. Holly Hills said:

He’s been in the game a long time.  He should probably hang it up.  And then go into politics… 

Hookers and blow? Fancy suits? FBI wire taps? Banging the strength coach's wife in the back of a restaurant?

Pitino is a shoe-in for Senate.

5 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Hookers and blow? Fancy suits? FBI wire taps? Banging the strength coach's wife in the back of a restaurant?

Pitino is far too classy for the Senate…

13 hours ago, Soderball said:

You guys say this stuff like it's bad.  

2 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

You guys say this stuff like it's bad.  

i would take Pitino as the SLU coach in a heartbeat. I've called for hiring Pitino on this board before.

In his defense, he did 100% do the right thing when that idiotic assistant and his wife took the criminal path and tried to blackmail Rick. He didn't give in to the embarrassment and instead did the right thing by sending that scum to federal prison where they belonged.

Pitino does some goofball stuff and is a grade-a a$%hole. He's not an idiot nor a loser.

That doesn't make the whole situation not-funny, and Pitino rightfully should be derided by opposing fans. Heckling is a great American tradition.