Latest Bracketology - 01/26

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Dayton as a 3-seed.  A10 Juan Bid.  First Four Out = Gonzaga!

VERY few at-large bids for Non-P6 schools that don't play in football leagues. Unfortunately that's college basketball in 2024.

The Mountain West has cracked the code a bit in the NIL era, but those schools tend to be public universities that play football.

20 hours ago, ACE said:

VERY few at-large bids for Non-P6 schools that don't play in football leagues. Unfortunately that's college basketball in 2024.

The Mountain West has cracked the code a bit in the NIL era, but those schools tend to be public universities that play football.

I can't even blame the committee or media when it comes to the A10 this year. This conference is playing really bad basketball. Dayton is the only team with any real talent and ability. It was unreal how poorly they played against the Bills.

If you watched Fordham/Duquesne this afternoon, the announcers talked about the A10 like they are a Power5 conference, and nobody wants to play the PIG teams in the A10 tournament.  The bottom of the conference shows just how strong the A10 is this year.  So say today’s announcers.

6 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

If you watched Fordham/Duquesne this afternoon, the announcers talked about the A10 like they are a Power5 conference, and nobody wants to play the PIG teams in the A10 tournament.  The bottom of the conference shows just how strong the A10 is this year.  So say today’s announcers.

If they paid me to do A10 play by play I could lie and say the same thing.

Lord Elrond likes this

9 hours ago, Soderball said:

I can't even blame the committee or media when it comes to the A10 this year. This conference is playing really bad basketball. Dayton is the only team with any real talent and ability. It was unreal how poorly they played against the Bills.

And the A10 plummets into the abyss. Gee, thanks, Dayton. We should be disqualified from the automatic bid for how bad our league sucks.

In today's (1-29) bracketology  ,CBS Sports app has Richmond a #12 seed AND Dayton #6. 

That's TWO!!!!

1 hour ago, BLIKNS said:

In today's (1-29) bracketology  ,CBS Sports app has Richmond a #12 seed AND Dayton #6. 

That's TWO!!!!

Other A10 teams must be discussing how to jettison SLU, as we are a drag on the conference ranking and on their SOS.  

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

32 minutes ago, rhagolf said:

Time to apply for Valley or OVC membership. SLU might not be in last place there?

Here is what I am showing.....In the Mo Valley The Bills would be 9th out of 11 teams.  In the OVC we would be 2nd battling Morehead St for the conf title.

As for the A-10...I have Day as a lock(4th seed)....Rich as a lock for the NIT...not yet on the radar for the Dance(still below a 50% chance) and GM with a 58% chance for the NIT.

11 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

MVC had 3 teams better than the second place in the A10. Indiana state #24, Drake #47, Bradley #64. MVC has a better chance of multiple bids in the NCAA this year than the A10 does.

MVC

Ind St....76% Dance chance ...9th or 10th seed

Bradley...74% NIT chance

Drake....70% NIT chance.

Computer says....NCAA has no special love for MVC (or any other conf that is not P6) The computer has been programmed to think like the NCAA.

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

MVC

Ind St....76% Dance chance ...9th or 10th seed

Bradley...74% NIT chance

Drake....70% NIT chance.

Computer says....NCAA has no special love for MVC (or any other conf that is not P6) The computer has been programmed to think like the NCAA.

Is there any actual evidence that the NCAA thinks? 😄😄😄

5 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Is there any actual evidence that the NCAA thinks? 😄😄😄

For the Dance...the NCAA Dance committee thinks 15-20% of the time...the computer thinks the rest of the time.  Outside of the Dance there is very little thinking...just reacting....kind of like a snail.

Lord Elrond likes this

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

For the Dance...the NCAA Dance committee thinks 15-20% of the time...the computer thinks the rest of the time.  Outside of the Dance there is very little thinking...just reacting....kind of like a snail.

I recently read an article listing what they thought were the 10 dumbest animals on earth were, but I refused to take it seriously because they didn’t have NCAA administrator listed. At some point AI will undoubtedly take charge of the NCAA, but it won’t be a case of them replacing human thought. They will just move into a vaccum.

The Wiz likes this

• 2 weeks later...

Today's 2/12 

Dayton 6 seed

Richmond is back as a 12 seed

• 2 weeks later...

Can Loyola get on the bubble??? Sitting at 19-7 and tied for the league lead at 11-2

29 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Can Loyola get on the bubble??? Sitting at 19-7 and tied for the league lead at 11-2

Their NET is 99, they are 0-3 against Quad 1 teams and 3-2 against Quad 2 teams. My guess is that they need to win the A10 to advance to the NCAA tournament, not enough wins against high level opponents to move the committee to select them otherwise. I don’t even think you can call them on the bubble.  They are a good team, but not good enough without winning the conference.

TheA_Bomb likes this

Not that it matters , but today's Bracketology has Louisiana Tech a #14 seed, the C-USA representative...

So if this holds true, we beat a tournament team .