Top 10 SLU Transfers

Who are your Top 10 transfers into SLU?  For the purpose of this listing, I'm including incoming JUCO's as transfers.  Here is my 10 listed alphabetically.  (There are no wrong answers, unless Sekeue Barentine is one of your top 10! 😀  No disrespect, Sekeue.  You could smoke any transfer in the 400 hurdles.)

Bess

Bryant*

Burns

Dobbs

Footes

Love

Newberry

Roder

Perkins

Waldmann

I have an * on Bryant, because I am uncertain if Luther Burden transferred in or sat out his freshman year.  He only played 3 years here.  Who knows what happened.  If he transferred in he is on my list.  If he didn't, then Bryant is on my list.

17 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Would you put Isabell over Reggie just for the magic he delivered the 2nd half of his season here?

Certainly a legitimate choice, but I took 2 years over, as you say, 1/2 year,  No wrong answers.

44 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Who are your Top 10 transfers into SLU?  For the purpose of this listing, I'm including incoming JUCO's as transfers.  Here is my 10 listed alphabetically.  (There are no wrong answers, unless Sekeue Barentine is one of your top 10! 😀  No disrespect, Sekeue.  You could smoke any transfer in the 400 hurdles.)

Bess

Bryant*

Burns

Dobbs

Footes

Love

Newberry

Roder

Perkins

Waldmann

I have an * on Bryant, because I am uncertain if Luther Burden transferred in or sat out his freshman year.  He only played 3 years here.  Who knows what happened.  If he transferred in he is on my list.  If he didn't, then Bryant is on my list.

Burns, Love, and Dobbs.   Imo, best transfers.

In no order ..... Burns, Love, Bess, Kelvin Henderson, Jeffers, Dobbs, Waldman, Perkins, Bryant and Josh Fisher.

I think Luther Burden was a Prop 48 casualtyhis freshman year.  Had to get the grades to qualify maybe.  I could be wrong ... ancient history.

54 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

In no order ..... Burns, Love, Bess, Kelvin Henderson, Jeffers, Dobbs, Waldman, Perkins, Bryant and Josh Fisher.

I think Luther Burden was a Prop 48 casualtyhis freshman year.  Had to get the grades to qualify maybe.  I could be wrong ... ancient history.

Henderson is a good call.

Burden played one year of JUCO ball.

Burden was a JUCO player.

I'll add Ray Steiner, who should be at the top of all lists.  Played at Mi$$ou then transferred to Moberly CC. Led them to a JUCO championship than went to SLU.  2nd team all MVC his JR year.  His senior year he led the Bills to a victory over #1 Kentucky at the Sugar Bowl, earned SLU their first NCAA berth, MVC champions, and also an NIT berth.  Was selected to two 3rd team All America teams, that is the 3rd most votes in SLU history.

Another one who hasn't been mentioned is Billy Morris from Beaumont High.  Went to Illinois and came back home for final 2 years.  Averaged over 17 points his first season and nearly 15 his second as a PF.

SLU_Lax likes this

57 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Burden was a JUCO player.

I'll add Ray Steiner, who should be at the top of all lists.  Played at Mi$$ou then transferred to Moberly CC. Led them to a JUCO championship than went to SLU.  2nd team all MVC his JR year.  His senior year he led the Bills to a victory over #1 Kentucky at the Sugar Bowl, earned SLU their first NCAA berth, MVC champions, and also an NIT berth.  Was selected to two 3rd team All America teams, that is the 3rd most votes in SLU history.

Another one who hasn't been mentioned is Billy Morris from Beaumont High.  Went to Illinois and came back home for final 2 years.  Averaged over 17 points his first season and nearly 15 his second as a PF.

Steiner is the best all time. Out of the guys in my lifetime that I have a good memory of playing, H and it isn’t even close.