The Bills over St. B by 9

The Wiz

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

A late season run in this powder puff conference shouldn’t surprise anyone.  Just keep getting better.  I’m keeping the faith

Pretty much correct. This conference is absolute garbage and we are beating OVC level teams. SIUE and Lindenwood would be competitive in the A10 this year. People are judging the computer based on average A10 years in which the bills would be middle of the pack with a. "B" grade. Reality is a "B" team is the class of the conference, as pathetic as that is. A10 is a Juan Bid and is horrible. No better than the Valleys.

8 hours ago, Old guy said:

I agree that he may or may not be fired at the end of this season, it is not up to me. However, keeping Ford as a coach is not up to you either. Both of us are free to express our opinions. You do not to like mine and that is entirely fine with me.

i full well realize it is not up to me, i was just pointing out the reality that ford will not be fired, everyone can have an opinion and mine is not about liking or not liking yours. ford will be the billiken coach next season

slufanskip likes this

28 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

i full well realize it is not up to me, i was just pointing out the reality that ford will not be fired, everyone can have an opinion and mine is not about liking or not liking yours. ford will be the billiken coach next season

Yeah I think there is a 90%+ chance Ford is our coach next year. The most important people still appear to love him. The results say that's probably not a good decision but Ford always gets teams to play well late in the season so I still have excitement for this year at least 

49 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Yeah I think there is a 90%+ chance Ford is our coach next year. The most important people still appear to love him. The results say that's probably not a good decision but Ford always gets teams to play well late in the season so I still have excitement for this year at least 

23 wins last year likely 20 plus this year and i would suspect a large buyout number, highly unlikely he gets canned if the wheels fall off the rest of the way his seat could get warm, lets see how it plays out

16 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

23 wins last year likely 20 plus this year and i would suspect a large buyout number, highly unlikely he gets canned if the wheels fall off the rest of the way his seat could get warm, lets see how it plays out

Ford should realize that he is treading on thinner ice so he best put the same effort in coaching and game planning as he did for this game.  You just can't do it a few games of the year.  Players need consistency in how they are taught and expected to play.

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

Ford should realize that he is treading on thinner ice so he best put the same effort in coaching and game planning as he did for this game.  You just can't do it a few games of the year.  Players need consistency in how they are taught and expected to play.

Seriously?!?  I am not a Ford apologist.  But do you really think he put more effort into this game than any other?  And that's why the team  played better?  I'm not buying it.   He certainly may have tried something new in practice this week that helped, but it was not that he put forth more effort.

45 minutes ago, House said:

Seriously?!?  I am not a Ford apologist.  But do you really think he put more effort into this game than any other?  And that's why the team  played better?  I'm not buying it.   He certainly may have tried something new in practice this week that helped, but it was not that he put forth more effort.

I have no idea what he has or hasn't done in the past.  What I do know is whatever he did before did not get him a desired result.  Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity as one wise man said.  My question to you is how do you know he didn't put more effort in planning and coaching for this game?  Unless you are at practices and game planning session how would you know?  If this game situation was the same as always then it was just luck and if so the season is doomed to not improving.

2 hours ago, dennis_w said:

Agreed. Imo opinion he needs to recruit better. We aren’t going to be a top 25 team with OVC level starters like GJim and Okoro plus Perkins not recovered or finding his groove and playing like one

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Ford is aware he is not safe. The question is, can he change his ways? His prior record says he cannot.

You complain about Ford virtually every time you post. We get it. Why do you think it’s necessary to repeat yourself over and over? I know you believe you’re smarter than the rest of us, but do you think we’re that dumb we need to be reminded repeatedly of your useless babble? And Ford isn’t getting fired after this year. He has the decision makers on his side, so it will take a few bad years in a row to tank him. Ford is not aware he is not safe because Ford knows he’s safe. Just another useless post. 

slufanskip, AGB91 and Bills71 like this

1 minute ago, DOC said:

You complain about Ford virtually every time you post. We get it. Why do you think it’s necessary to repeat yourself over and over? I know you believe you’re smarter than the rest of us, but do you think we’re that dumb we need to be reminded repeatedly of your useless babble? And Ford isn’t getting fired after this year. He has the decision makers on his side, so it will take a few bad years in a row to tank him. Ford is not aware he is not safe because Ford knows he’s safe. Just another useless post. 

He’s literally the least knowledgeable poster regarding basketball to ever post on the board. However if you need to hear non stop babble about nothing or Mexican I’ve cubes, he’s your man

willie and AlumniFan like this

1 hour ago, DOC said:

I think a lot of the board lives a life of fantasy where the Disney "dream dream and your dream will come true" line is the operative rule. One game won means nothing, it was a good game, we won it, we went over the spread, all true, but nothing changes unless the change is permanent. It is not that I think you are a dummy Doc, but I think a lot of members are. I have no real idea what these members are saying because I have a lot of them on ignore. I wish you a happy new year, please feel free to make it happier by placing me on ignore.

7 hours ago, Old guy said:

I think a lot of the board lives a life of fantasy where the Disney "dream dream and your dream will come true" line is the operative rule. One game won means nothing, it was a good game, we won it, we went over the spread, all true, but nothing changes unless the change is permanent. It is not that I think you are a dummy Doc, but I think a lot of members are. I have no real idea what these members are saying because I have a lot of them on ignore. I wish you a happy new year, please feel free to make it happier by placing me on ignore.

It's like ignoring the rain......you are ubiquitous and smell funny and just make everything worse.......

9 hours ago, cheeseman said:

I have no idea what he has or hasn't done in the past.  What I do know is whatever he did before did not get him a desired result.  Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity as one wise man said.  My question to you is how do you know he didn't put more effort in planning and coaching for this game?  Unless you are at practices and game planning session how would you know?  If this game situation was the same as always then it was just luck and if so the season is doomed to not improving.

I agree that neither of us know with absolute certainty. However, your statement suggests he was not putting in the necessary effort before now.  I have heard him speak and been around the program enough to know he is a very driven person.   Effort is not the issue. 

15 minutes ago, House said:

I agree that neither of us know with absolute certainty. However, your statement suggests he was not putting in the necessary effort before now.  I have heard him speak and been around the program enough to know he is a very driven person.   Effort is not the issue. 

The level of effort placed upon reaching an objective has nothing to do with achieving the desired objective. Ford may be a very driven person, but historically and as shown by what he is doing this season, his effort is either misplaced or it just does not work as intended. In either case we are overpaying a coach that cannot take us to our goal. He needs to be replaced.

Scipius Africanus constantly declared in the Roman Senate "Delenda est Cartago" until it was done (3rd Punic war).

32 minutes ago, House said:

Well I doubt when he speaks that he says that he is not driven.  My point was whatever his effort was or his game planning was not working and if he did more this time and used a different game approach then good but if he did not, then nothing has changed.    Yesterday I saw a different help defense than I had been seeing lately so something he did was different.  Once again, neither of us know how much effort he puts in or not.

Let's be reasonable, Ford has until the end of this season to show that he can use the talent in the bench and win the games we should win, not lose them in the last few minutes of the game. No one is going to fire him until the season is over. If he screws up, as I expect he will, he still may not be fired because of non performance considerations, like a poor economy and tight funds. Ford will continue being Ford regardless of the effort he puts into it. The real issue is where is he going to be as he continues being who he is, I hope it is not SLU but elsewhere.