The Bills over Day by 4

The Wiz

3 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

The Dayton student section, which is right by the opposition's bench in Dayton, serenaded Ford with sing-song chants of "Travis.  Travis.  Travis." the whole game at Dayton in January.  It happens everywhere there are passionate fans who holler.  Mason would be a tough place to play if they ever sold it out.  That doesn't happen.  Dayton always sells out so its fan base is huge.  I would suspect Olean might be tough as well.  Not so much now that they ain''t the front runners.

As far as A10 coaches go, I think the worst is now Schmidt at Bonaventure.  Guy needs to sit down.  I'd harass the crap out of him if I were our students.  Used to be Danny Hurley but he is gone.  Dambrot doesn't sit either but his ship is sinking and he's more about imploring his mediocre talent than anything else.  Rumor has it Dambrot is on way out.  I also think Matt McCall at Umass and Billy Lange at St. Joe's are in trouble.  David Cox isn't doing well at Rhodey either.  

Question:  Are Bonaventures "iron men" all seniors?  Will they all graduate and move on?  Adaway.  Lofton. Welch.  Osunniyi. Holmes.  All are listed as seniors and with absolutely no one on that bench getting any development time, that roster is barrne next year.  Does that mean Schmidt moves on?

Do you put Chris Mooney in the group of coaches in trouble? Seems the billboard companies would be interested. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mooney ---- he just seems to be mediocre enough to survive.  I don't know Richmond and haven't seen a game there to gauge fan discontent.  I've driven through Ridhmond multiple times (many) and have seen the billboards (pro VCU and anti-Mooney).  Richmond has underachieved what with their slew of sixth year seniors but you have to factor in COVID a bit too.  So Mooney skates some.  

Mooney is in the same predicament as Schmidt.  He has really developed no bench outside of his current lineup and that is further amplified by the fact that his two main reserves, Gustavson and Grace, are seniors as well.  That leaves him onyl with Tyler Burton, Sal Koureissi, Connor Crabtree and Isaiah Wilson for next year with only a 6'10" beanpole as hi slone recruit.  Like Bonaventure, the Richmond cupboard is bare.  

If Mooney does cpome back, next year should be his final season.

I take the fact that Ford attracts so much flak from other teams fans as favorable. If he was (or I mean, if the Bills were) just a bit above mediocre Ford would not receive so much crap from them. We are on the way up and this always threatening to those we are defeating, or about to defeat. That they react with insults or provocation is to be expected.

From my point of view Traore showed, in the GM game, that he could hold the opponents well enough after Linssen and Okoro fouled out.  That is a level of bench depth other teams do not have. I do not really know what did happen yesterday between Jett and the Dayton players, but the Dayton coach appeared to  have tried to turn the issue right away into a fight. Was he hoping the game would be thrown out if there was a brawl? This looks to me like it may have been his final chance to avoid defeat for Dayton.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Question:  Are Bonaventures "iron men" all seniors?  Will they all graduate and move on?  Adaway.  Lofton. Welch.  Osunniyi. Holmes.  All are listed as seniors and with absolutely no one on that bench getting any development time, that roster is barrne next year.  Does that mean Schmidt moves on?

They will all have the option to come back if they choose to use it, but there has been no decision made whether they will or won’t. We will find out after the season. Unfortunately we are going to have to get used to not having clarity on players’ eligibility for the next couple of seasons. 

2 hours ago, Gremio14 said:

I’m sorry but I found Willie’s Travis comment hilarious, almost as funny as slu72 Rashad/Chinese hypersonic missile analogy.  I’m still cracking up!

Travis is becoming widely hated around the league.  My brothers told me the Mason fans were working him over.  I see this as a good thing….think about who are the coaches we Chaifetz folks hurled the most flak at this year…Pearl and Pitino….

Embrace it. Just like we embraced the hate LaRussa received from the rest of MLB and Martz (briefly) from the NFL.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Mooney ---- he just seems to be mediocre enough to survive.  I don't know Richmond and haven't seen a game there to gauge fan discontent.  I've driven through Ridhmond multiple times (many) and have seen the billboards (pro VCU and anti-Mooney).  Richmond has underachieved what with their slew of sixth year seniors but you have to factor in COVID a bit too.  So Mooney skates some.  

Mooney is in the same predicament as Schmidt.  He has really developed no bench outside of his current lineup and that is further amplified by the fact that his two main reserves, Gustavson and Grace, are seniors as well.  That leaves him onyl with Tyler Burton, Sal Koureissi, Connor Crabtree and Isaiah Wilson for next year with only a 6'10" beanpole as hi slone recruit.  Like Bonaventure, the Richmond cupboard is bare.  

If Mooney does cpome back, next year should be his final season.

Burton will probably be gone too