Recruiting - 2025

Pistol

1 hour ago, Cowboy II said:

-how's his shot?

Looks good from highlight videos. Described as having developed quickly in some scouting reports, which makes me think he wasn't much of a shooter earlier on and is working on it. But his form, range, etc. look solid to me. And he has put up some massive scoring numbers on occasion, leading me to believe he's kind of a streaky shooter with the ability to go off.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Looks good from highlight videos. Described as having developed quickly in some scouting reports, which makes me think he wasn't much of a shooter earlier on and is working on it. But his form, range, etc. look solid to me. And he has put up some massive scoring numbers on occasion, leading me to believe he's kind of a streaky shooter with the ability to go off.

-thank you

• 2 weeks later...

New offer:

Amari Allen - SF, 6-7, 180 - Appleton, WI (IMG Academy, FL) - AAU: Wisconsin Playground Elite (Under Armour Association) - Twitter: @2amariii
Offers: Saint Louis, Marquette, Georgetown, Iowa, Penn State, Minnesota, Tennessee, Auburn, Mississippi State, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Arizona State, South Florida, Green Bay.

Interest: Villanova, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, SMU, Illinois-Chicago, Illinois State, SIU-Edwardsville.

Latest News: Allen received an offer from SLU. (7/10/23)

Scouting Report: Allen is a skilled, versatile wing with a strong frame and well rounded game. He's effective getting to the rim and dunks with authority. He's got a good mid-range game and can knock down his jumper off the pull-up. He's a solid playmaker from the wing, putting up big assist numbers for his position. He creates steals on defense and runs the floor in transition. He transferred from Kaukauna HS in Wisconsin to IMG Academy in Florida.

Christian Williams - PG, 5-9, 150 - St. Louis, MO (Vashon) - AAU: Gateway (Under Armour Association) - Twitter: @MousethePG
Offers: Saint Louis, VCU, George Mason, Ole Miss, Southeast Missouri, SIU-Edwardsville, Lindenwood, Jacksonville State.

Interest: Boise State, SMU, Belmont, Southern Indiana, Furman, Texas-Arlington, South Dakota, Abilene Christian.

Latest News: Williams received an offer from SLU. (7/16/23)

Scouting Report: Williams is a small, quick, active lead guard with a full skill set. He's got tight handles and can change speeds and directions quickly. He's shifty getting to the bucket. He has a reliable shot from outside with good range. He's a solid distributor. He's got good hands defensively and creates steals.

On 7/15/2023 at 11:00 PM, Coach314 said:

Yeah.  But i think now is the perfect time to take a flyer on him.  I think the offers will start flowing in with his expanded role this coming season.

Anytime somone that size is getting looks, I assume it is because they have intangibles great enought to make up for their height limitations.

7 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Anytime somone that size is getting looks, I assume it is because they have intangibles great enought to make up for their height limitations.

Most definitely.  I have been a fan of his since I saw him in the Ramey league in 8th grade.  He has everything Pistol stated in the scouting report and he's dunking as well.

Williams is the perfect guy to build around what works in the A10, 3 guard lineups with skilled undersized guys that can shoot. Mix them together with 2 bigs, one who can step out and the other who can play in the post, while both rim protect and rebound and you have a a10 1st place team.

CenHudDude likes this

• 2 weeks later...

New offer (his rankings are old; I will update all classes soon):

Parker Jefferson - PF/C, 6-10, 245 - Waxahachie, TX (Waxahachie) - AAU: JL3 Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @ParkerJeffers14
Offers: Saint Louis, Iowa, Florida, Texas A&M, LSU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, TCU, Central Florida, SMU, Oral Roberts, Cal Poly, Alabama State.

Interest: Saint Louis, Loyola-Chicago, Duquesne, Creighton, Butler, Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska, Texas, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Missouri, Georgia, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Houston, Kansas State, Arizona, Oregon, Stanford, Utah, UNLV, Colorado State, San Jose State, Tulsa, Missouri State, Memphis, South Florida, Gonzaga, San Francisco, Harvard, Columbia, North Texas, Louisiana Tech, Rice, Southern Miss, Ohio, Milwaukee, Marshall, Texas State, Texas-Arlington, Louisiana-Monroe, Southeastern Louisiana, Georgia Southern, South Dakota, Elon, Iona, UC-Santa Barbara, UC-Riverside, Southern Utah, Weber State, Jacksonville, Stetson, Liberty, Stephen F. Austin, Tarleton State, Texas-Rio Grande Valley, High Point, Nicholls State, New Orleans, Texas Southern, Prairie View A&M.

Latest News: Jefferson received an offer from SLU. (7/29/23)

Scouting Report: Jefferson is a skilled big who scores with his back to the basket but can space the floor, too, with 3-level scoring ability. He scores with a variety of moves after starting with his back to the basket. He's active and hardworking and knows how to use his size to battle for rebounds. He runs the floor and has nice fluidity. He's a very good passer for his size, too. His dad played football and his mom played basketball, both at Arkansas. Rankings: Rivals - 30, 247Sports - 44, On3 - 37, On3 Consensus - 37.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, thetorch said:

What is the line on Dherio Mckaskill from Vashon? He stood out today at Ramey.

I came here to ask the same thing. He seems to have created a stir today. I'd heard his name but know almost nothing else. Doesn't seem like he has any offers yet.

New offer:

Cam Ward - F, 6-7, 210 - Upper Marlboro, MD (Largo) - AAU: Team Durant (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @camabucket
Offers: Saint Louis, VCU, George Mason, George Washington, Georgetown, Providence, Iowa, Maryland, Penn State, Texas, Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Syracuse, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Kansas State, West Virginia, Old Dominion, Canisius, Bryant.

Interest: Xavier, Illinois, UCLA, USC, Northwestern, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Louisville, SMU, San Diego.

Latest News: Ward received an offer from SLU. (9/9/23)

Scouting Report: Ward is a long, athletic, versatile wing who puts up huge numbers. He's tough to stop going downhill, can handle it, and he draws a lot of fouls. He has an effective mid-range game. He's an outstanding rebounder at both ends. He can guard multiple positions. Rankings: Rivals - 102, 247Sports: 62, 247Sports Composite - 63, ESPN - 39.

-I'm always curious when we offer this level of recruit, especially when we're not early to the game. I've been talking to @TheChosenOne and others about this, but I think if he stays in that 75-150 range, the power conference teams at this point are spending way more on transfers and there may be a lot of value to be had for SLU. That's the direction I'd be going, anyway.

59 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I came here to ask the same thing. He seems to have created a stir today. I'd heard his name but know almost nothing else. Doesn't seem like he has any offers yet.

He has offers from Bryant University,  Jacksonville University and SIUE.  

He put on a show today.  He will probably play behind Mouse and Trey down at Vashon but he's a D1 guard for sure.  Him and Jimmy McKinney Jr (2027).  Liked what I saw from Zyree Collins as well.

Pistol likes this

Another new 2025 offer from Team Durant:

Brandon Holmes - PF/C, 6-9, 200 - Baltimore, MD (Mount St. Joseph) - AAU: Team Durant (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @Holmes25Brandon
Offers: Saint Louis, Towson.

Interest: George Washington, Marquette, Xavier, Charlotte, Delaware, American, James Madison, Old Dominion, Mount St. Mary's, Loyola-Maryland, Howard.

Latest News: Holmes received an offer from SLU. (9/11/23)

Scouting Report: Holmes is a long, active, hardworking big man with high upside. He rebounds and blocks shots, he's tough to stop around the rim, and he's building out his offensive game. He started playing basketball later than most so his recent improvement has been more dramatic.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Another new 2025 offer from Team Durant:

Brandon Holmes - PF/C, 6-9, 200 - Baltimore, MD (Mount St. Joseph) - AAU: Team Durant (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @Holmes25Brandon
Offers: Saint Louis, Towson.

Interest: George Washington, Marquette, Xavier, Charlotte, Delaware, American, James Madison, Old Dominion, Mount St. Mary's, Loyola-Maryland, Howard.

Latest News: Holmes received an offer from SLU. (9/11/23)

Scouting Report: Holmes is a long, active, hardworking big man with high upside. He rebounds and blocks shots, he's tough to stop around the rim, and he's building out his offensive game. He started playing basketball later than most so his recent improvement has been more dramatic.

-apologies in advance for the cyniscm but seems like the perfect model for an entry into the transfer portal

• 2 weeks later...

New offer:

Exavier Wilson - PG, 6-1, 160 - Columbia, MO (Father Tolton) - AAU: MOKAN Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @ExavierWilson7
Offers: Saint Louis, Missouri State, Southeast Missouri, Austin Peay, Bryant.

Interest: Loyola-Chicago, Illinois State, North Texas, Akron, Lindenwood, SIU-Edwardsville, South Dakota State, Abilene Christian.

Latest News: Wilson received an offer from SLU. (9/25/23)

Scouting Report: Wilson is an athletic, well rounded guard who scores on three levels. He has tight handles and explosive burs, and he's shifty getting to the rim. He has an effective pull-up jumper. He creates good looks for his teammates. He typically guards the best opposing player.

11 hours ago, Pistol said:

New offer:

Exavier Wilson - PG, 6-1, 160 - Columbia, MO (Father Tolton) - AAU: MOKAN Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @ExavierWilson7
Offers: Saint Louis, Missouri State, Southeast Missouri, Austin Peay, Bryant.

Interest: Loyola-Chicago, Illinois State, North Texas, Akron, Lindenwood, SIU-Edwardsville, South Dakota State, Abilene Christian.

Latest News: Wilson received an offer from SLU. (9/25/23)

Scouting Report: Wilson is an athletic, well rounded guard who scores on three levels. He has tight handles and explosive burs, and he's shifty getting to the rim. He has an effective pull-up jumper. He creates good looks for his teammates. He typically guards the best opposing player.

-now I like this kid's parents as some years ago some coworkers had a debate about the pronunciation of 'Xavier' so it appears this kid has taken the question off the table by putting the 'Ex' at the front

-of course Gus would screw it up regardless of how it is spelled