SLU vs St. Bona 2/1

Slufan10

29 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Rammer seems to believe there is a chance.

If he is medically cleared I don’t see why not.

Just get him some game action so he isn’t going in blind next year. 
If the Bills are up big Id love to see him out there knocking some rust off.

brianstl likes this

I understand he was medically cleared, but when we went after him, he was also looking forward to a year off of playing. He was dealing with 2(?) injuries iirc and wanted to take time off to get back to his old self.  This is what he wanted from the beginning. Covid just gave the possibility 

10 hours ago, wgstl said:

I understand he was medically cleared, but when we went after him, he was also looking forward to a year off of playing. He was dealing with 2(?) injuries iirc and wanted to take time off to get back to his old self.  This is what he wanted from the beginning. Covid just gave the possibility 

I’m sorry, but the Board has spoken. Certainly, the player and the coach have opinions, but Board majority is law.

1 hour ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I’m sorry, but the Board has spoken. Certainly, the player and the coach have opinions, but Board majority is law.

Obviously it’s Okoro choice but I never heard him say he wouldn’t play this year.

If he is medically ready and wants to knock some rust off it makes all the sense in the world to get him a few minutes.

22 hours ago, dlarry said:

Obviously it’s Okoro choice but I never heard him say he wouldn’t play this year.

If he is medically ready and wants to knock some rust off it makes all the sense in the world to get him a few minutes.

What basketball player doesn't want to play?

On 1/30/2021 at 10:26 PM, wgstl said:

15 minutes ago, brianstl said:

What basketball player doesn't want to play?

I’m sure he is dying to play but some think he was wanting  a year off.

I don’t remember seeing that but who knows.

27 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I’m sure he is dying to play but some think he was wanting  a year off.

I don’t remember seeing that but who knows.

It was always the plan for him to take a year to recover if I remember correctly. 

8 minutes ago, Fan Guy said:

It was always the plan for him to take a year to recover if I remember correctly. 

Yes.  I thought I remembered reading something when Okoro picked SLU that he was looking forward to taking a full year off so that for the first time in a long time, he can start a season without any injury.   Nothing wrong with that mind set.  Injuries can be mental too. 

16 minutes ago, Fan Guy said:

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Yes.  I thought I remembered reading something when Okoro picked SLU that he was looking forward to taking a full year off so that for the first time in a long time, he can start a season without any injury.   Nothing wrong with that mind set.  Injuries can be mental too. 

You guys might be right and if so, that’s what should be done.

All I’m saying is that if he is cleared and wants to get some minutes I think it would be a great idea to help him knock some rust off. I think if he wants to play and the staff clears him it would be a wasted opportunity to not take advantage of the free year.