Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
VeniceMenace

"Basketball Mafia" does not want hockey at SLU

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

I may be wrong, but i believe saint louis university lease chaifetz to an outside promoter.   in turn the promoter brings in acts and shows to use the facility, including slu events.  i would be shocked if slu doesnt get first dibs on any and all days at a set price that is a "deal" for slu.   

my guess is that the promoter would consider anything and  all things assuming they arent losing money.   i.e. who's paying for making it possible to have ice and prepare the ice each time?  therefore even if the dates could be secured saint louis university would still be faced with the task of putting in ice in all likelihood.   as someone above mentioned, the BoT isnt going for this and dont be asking the good doctor to pony up again.   as Taj suggested, go find another doc chaifetz who loves hockey to make it happen.  they not only would be faced with the ice issue, but the additional costs of adding another sport including the title IX issues.   point is, this isnt going to happen. 

You are right unless it has changed,and I don’t believe it has.  Chaifetz  is run by an outside promoter. Same thing with food service and their 10 dollar beer. I can’t see any way the U would start a hockey program. I believe when Chaifets was designed they correctly made the decision to preclude hockey in their dimensions.

-with this thread going can we also have a 'joining the Valley' conversation?

Let’s also roll in the conspiracy that all people infected in the bistate will be quarantine housed in trailers near isolated areas of Shawnee National Forest in southern Illinois.

SIU alums are up in arms.🤪