Shuttles to the Games

RUBillsFan

In the "Bills over SEA by 10" thread there was some discussion about shuttles to the games from area bars.  I thought the discussion deserved it's own thread.

Someone mentioned that a bar in south city called Bomber O'Briens offers a shuttle. :

Transportation Details

- Available for all SLU Men's Basketball home games

-Bus leaves 45 minutes before the start of the game

- Cost per person is $12 and includes refreshments provided on the bus

- Call ahead to reserve a spot (314) 772-9500 or show up prior to the bus' departure

Here is the link: https://bomberobriens.com/slu-basketball-bus.  It was reported that "refreshments" means free beer on the bus.

The Over/Under Bar on Washington Ave also offers shuttle service.  https://overunderstl.com/shuttle/

Shuttle

We run our complementary shuttle service to AND from all BLUES, CARDINALS, and St. Louis University Men’s basketball games. We also provide the shuttle service to various special concerts at the Peabody, Chaifetz and Scottrade Center (i.e. Katy Perry, Garth Brooks, Taylor Swift, U2, Phish, Pearl Jam, and Bob Seger). In addition, we offer free parking in our private lot beginning at 5pm Monday-Friday and all day long on Saturday & Sunday.

Missouri Athletic Club also runs a shuttle that may just be for members.

I believe in the past Syberg's on Market has offered a shuttle (when Blues games do not create a conflict).  I have emailed them to find out.

I also emailed some other places that offer Blues or Cardinals game shuttles.  I'll document the responses here:

Maggie O'Briens:

Dan,
I wish there was enough SLU basketball fans here at Maggie's to warrant a shuttle. Unfortunately that isn't the case. I would love to get that started if you have any ideas on groups/alumni etc that I can reach out to. 

Thank you-
Aaron Snively
GM Maggie's

Ballpark Village:

Email was returned as undeliverable

Llewlyns (Soulard):

Hey Dan,

Man, we would love to do a shuttle, but there really hasn't been a demand for it.  If we could get a group that would want to do it regularly, we would love to!

If you know of any group, please let me know.  If I find a group I will definitely let you know!

I really appreciate you thinking of us! 

photo
Thomas Behnen
President, Llywelyn's Pub

Big Daddy's (Soulard):

No response yet

Southtown Pub:

No response yet

8 minutes ago, milwaukeebill said:

I believe Over/Under on like 8th & Wash Ave always has had busses.  MAC may as well - unsure, you;d have to be a member obviously

Yes on Over/Under.  Here is the link: https://overunderstl.com/shuttle/.  Will update the OP.

Can't confirm MAC.  Their website does mention shuttle service for members, so presumably that would include Bills games.

13 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I wish fieldhouse or Center Ice had carts shuttles. I know its not far for a lot, but it would still help businesses and slu fans a lot. 

Yeah.  I thought about emailing Fieldhouse, but I was pretty sure since they are so close they didn't offer shuttles.  Although I guess Humps was also pretty close and did shuttles. 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Unless things have changed recently, its always annoying the parking lot right across the street from FH is always empty. 

That's a pay lot, right?  I can't imagine why you'd park in one of those pay lots right around FH when there is so much free street parking available nearby.  The only theoretical advantage to the pay lot is safety.  I can't say that I've ever seen much security around those lots, so I'd rather save my money and risk it on the street.

4 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

That's a pay lot, right?  I can't imagine why you'd park in one of those pay lots right around FH when there is so much free street parking available nearby.  The only theoretical advantage to the pay lot is safety.  I can't say that I've ever seen much security around those lots, so I'd rather save my money and risk it on the street.

Im pretty sure its no longer allowed to the public. I remember a few times(might have been every time i tried) last year where the lot was completely shutoff. Id prefer to park there than on the streets right next to it. 

If Field House would rent a shuttle just on game days they would cash flow in the black just by dropping thirsty Bills fans back off at their front door.  Hell, charge 2 bucks a person even.  This would be a great service.  Anyone know the owners?

Just now, Scoop said:

The one from Humphrey's was very popular.  Why not?

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably use it if they had it.  I just think it's kind of funny that people need/demand a shuttle when they can just walk there in 8 minutes. 

Example:  My dad likes to go to FH for a few beers before the game.  He's 71 with one bad knee, and a knee replacement in the other.  That walk isn't easy..  

Conclusion, my dad's age is a majority of SLU fans.

Im not talking about a shuttle bus too, Im talking about that those extended golf carts. 

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Example:  My dad likes to go to FH for a few beers before the game.  He's 71 with one bad knee, and a knee replacement in the other.  That walk isn't easy..  

Im not talking about a shuttle bus too, Im talking about that those extended golf carts. 

-I'm all for The U allowing the FH to run a golf cart shuttle to the games, use the sidewalk on the west side of the soccer field and then on what was Laclede, just getting across Lindell would be the biggest issue

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Are a majority of the 71 year-olds going to bars before the SLU games? Honest question.  I assumed they just parked as close to the arena as possible, went inside, enjoyed a beverage in their seat, and that the majority of people frequenting FH and other bars close by were those that could walk the 8 minutes. I guess I'll find out Friday night!

Golf carts from FH to Chaifetz for people like your dad makes a lot of sense though, I agree.

45 minutes ago, milwaukeebill said:

Center Ice has a shuttle for Blues Games. Il tweet and ask about Billiken games

This is about 1.5 to 2 blocks away from Chaifetz. I'm gonna guess the answer is no.

17 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I assumed they just parked as close to the arena as possible, went inside, enjoyed a beverage in their seat

This is what they do, for the reason you said.  Im saying though, I wish FH would realize theres some money to be made here. 

And it would keep me from walking to haha

43 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Just FYI per Google Maps:

Center Ice is a 0.3 mile 7 minute walk to/from Chaifetz

Fieldhouse is a 0.5 mile 10 minute walk.

Humphreys was a 0.6 mile 10 minute walk.

I can throw a football half of a mile

BqlHlvfCEAAYR2g.png