OT - MLS STL

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

World Cup qualifiers will be played in at least one MLS stadium.  We don't have one.

Not in the US.  Every single stadium that was invited to submit a bid was built as a stadium for American football.  Not one was built for the MLS.  If you are in the US you have to have a football stadium to be invited to be a host.

Proposition P was not in the City - just in the County.

I have never seen a group of people so desperate for a team as soccer fans.

Every little rumor is blown way out of proportion.

What happens when Sacremento and Cincinnati are announced in December?

Don't confuse HoosierPal with facts.

16 hours ago, brianstl said:

Not in the US.  Every single stadium that was invited to submit a bid was built as a stadium for American football.  Not one was built for the MLS.  If you are in the US you have to have a football stadium to be invited to be a host.

I assumed he was talking qualifiers, where the US plays their last two in MLS stadia in NJ and Orlando

2 hours ago, Tilkowsky said:

Proposition P was not in the City - just in the County.

Unless you're replying to some other of the vague references to police funding, you should re-read my post.

On a different topic, when I read the linked article, it certainly appeared that the No-Name Dome has the qualifications to host. Did St. Louis even put it forward?

12 minutes ago, bonwich said:

Unless you're replying to some other of the vague references to police funding, you should re-read my post.

On a different topic, when I read the linked article, it certainly appeared that the No-Name Dome has the qualifications to host. Did St. Louis even put it forward?

You said there was a Proposition P in the City. There was not. Proposition P was only in the County.

There was not an initiative called Proposition P in the City - unless you have proof?

8 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

You said there was a Proposition P in the City. There was not. Proposition P was only in the County.

There was not an initiative called Proposition P in the City - unless you have proof?

I see that in addition to all of the other issues you might have, you haven't learned to scroll back in a thread. Let me help:

Proposition P,  passed in both the city and the county, established a sales tax to assist in the funding of the CityArchRiver project. I'm guessing he means that the Taylors want a similar regional contribution to match or at least supplement their own funds. (I'd also guess that a certain tech mogul is still involved, but I may be wrong.)

Golly! There have been multiple Prop P's in the last few years. Who knew? Don't you suppose that would confuse voters? (It apparently did for at least one voter.)

And in case you aren't following yet, that was in response to The Pelican's statement and others' subsequent requests for clarification.

What the article doesn't tell you is that the Taylor's are the bankroll and it hinges on a quid pro quo a la "the arch" funding

Now quick! Change the subject or at least post something that's irrelevant to the information I just provided. 

24 minutes ago, bonwich said:

I see that in addition to all of the other issues you might have, you haven't learned to scroll back in a thread. Let me help:

Golly! There have been multiple Prop P's in the last few years. Who knew? Don't you suppose that would confuse voters? (It apparently did for at least one voter.)

And in case you aren't following yet, that was in response to The Pelican's statement and others' subsequent requests for clarification.

Now quick! Change the subject or at least post something that's irrelevant to the information I just provided. 

Well maybe you should be more clear and Post a link to the Prop P that you are referring?

5 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Well maybe you should be more clear and Post a link to the Prop P that you are referring?

He responded to my question, I was able to find the proposition he referenced with ease.  Maybe you can just google something if you aren't sure instead of needing a link for every single thing somebody talks about.  

58 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

It was clear to me Troll. Craw back underneath your rock in shame troll.

25 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

I guess HoosierPal doesn't remember that the USMNT played a World Cup Qualifier in Saint Louis in November 2017. At Busch Stadium.

That could always happen again.

there will be plenty of soccer losses this year.

Can you please provide a link describing the game the USMNT played for the world cup qualifier in Saint Louis in November of 2017. I'd love to see that

8 minutes ago, hoppybeer said:

Can you please provide a link describing the game the USMNT played for the world cup qualifier in Saint Louis in November of 2017. I'd love to see that

9 minutes ago, hoppybeer said:

My mistake Typo. I said 2017 and I meant 2015.

http://fox2now.com/2015/11/14/usa-wins-8-1-in-world-cup-qualifier-at-busch-stadium/

there is the link.

7 hours ago, Tilkowsky said:

We won't see HoosierPal in this thread again.

I sure as heck hope we can never see Tilkowsky in any thread ever again. I can never understand why people like him who are not in any way Billiken fans want to come on this fan site and just post unending negative drivel. Go Away!

2 minutes ago, Billikenswin said:

I sure as heck hope we can never see Tilkowsky in any thread ever again. I can never understand why people like him who are not in any way Billiken fans want to come on this fan site and just post unending negative drivel. Go Away!

How am I not a Billikens fan? I was around when they were winning national soccer titles almost every year. I want that type of play to return.

Dont you?

i am sure you won't respond.