GDT A10 Tournabee Day 2

Taj79

I know some teams give out game balls after a hard fought win, but we need something the exact opposite to give Roby. The last 7 minutes of that game was the worst display of college basketball I've ever seen and he cannot be trusted down the stretch or in crucial situations to control the basketball.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

I know some teams give out game balls after a hard fought win, but we need something the exact opposite to give Roby. The last 7 minutes of that game was the worst display of college basketball I've ever seen and he cannot be trusted down the stretch or in crucial situations to control the basketball.

Some would say the same for your jokes..

1 hour ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

Did you watch the night before? Just curious

The tournament was sorta what I expected.  Good news, our next year's bench(minus MC) was able to advance in a conference tournament, which is pretty damn impressive. 

Do you think they call tourney games differently than regular season games?  Do you remember our game with UMass when 64 fouls were called and 86 free throws were attempted?

Last night, a total of 18 fouls were called (and we had to commit several to get to the bonus) and only 16 FT were attempted. 

I was surprised at our inability to handle the 1-3-1 zone which at most times looked like a relaxed trapping 1-2-1--1 with the lead guard pressing the ball and the other 2 lurking in the passing lanes for a bad pass.  You can't dribble through it and you have to move the ball quickly and before you are under pressure. We just looked confused and frustrated. There really is no reason not to have been able to exploit that for some easy buckets.

Overall though I cannot be unhappy with the season. I thought Travis, The Frosh, and Roby all exceeded my expectations. I still say if Welmer, Roby and Johnson are just getting mop up minutes next year, we are going to be really good.

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

Did you watch the night before? Just curious

I did, but that was a game we clawed back to win. Last night was a game we were in the drivers' seat and Roby took his foot off the pedal. Say the team over-achieved this year all you want, but you gotta close out better. I feel bad for Crawford and Reggie. Roby has more college games to play. Those two should at least have one more game in their careers. Stolen.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

I did, but that was a game we clawed back to win. Last night was a game we were in the drivers' seat and Roby took his foot off the pedal. Say the team over-achieved this year all you want, but you gotta close out better. I feel bad for Crawford and Reggie. Roby has more college games to play. Those two should at least have one more game in their careers. Stolen.

Then maybe Reggie is the one who needed to step up?

59 minutes ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

And without Roby we don't get to play last night because he's the one that ran PG during the run vs Duq. So think before you speak 

Edited by Littlebill
Clarity

2 hours ago, TaLBErt said:

Does anyone have a link to video of the post game press conference?

SLU starts at about 12 minutes. 

Coach "We ran out of gas".  Coach looked worn out.  Interesting comments about how he felt before the season started.  "Would they be able to handle what I was going to put them through?  Would they have enough character to come every day and want to get better."  "My concerns did not come true."  Knew the 1-3-1 was coming, just didn't know when.  'Yes the1-3-1 was the difference."

Johnson and Roby at the table.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

That's a pretty crappy shot to take, grow up.

All good, bro. Sometimes you just gotta own it and move on. We all make mistakes. Some come out better for the experience. Appreciate the thoughtfulness, Chosen One.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

SLU starts at about 12 minutes. 

Coach "We ran out of gas".  Coach looked worn out.  Interesting comments about how he felt before the season started.  "Would they be able to handle what I was going to put them through?  Would they have enough character to come every day and want to get better."  "My concerns did not come true."  Knew the 1-3-1 was coming, just didn't know when.  'Yes the1-3-1 was the difference."

Johnson and Roby at the table.

Thanks, man!