GDT Billikens step on the Spy-Das for seventh conference win

CBFan

Graves won't be eligible the first six weeks of the season, Goodwin will be an 18-year-old freshman, and Bess from all appearances is more of a forward. So Roby won't have to be Erwin Claggett to have more than a mopup role on next year's team. I'll be shocked if he doesn't average more than 10+ minutes a game.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

yes  I believe he is no where near Goodwin, Graves Bess or Henriquez good.   

I have to see the kids play, I think Roby will be the team leader again and I would not be surprised that he starts next season.

There are no dreams for the guys coming back to start I want the best 5 no matter who it is.

I believe that coach Ford has coached up these guys and have built a team this season that now finally competes.

18 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

Graves won't be eligible the first six weeks of the season, Goodwin will be an 18-year-old freshman, and Bess from all appearances is more of a forward. So Roby won't have to be Erwin Claggett to have more than a mopup role on next year's team. I'll be shocked if he doesn't average more than 10+ minutes a game.

Be careful... I had the audacity to suggest that Roby MIGHT be better than Jake Barnett and that seemed to irritate some people. Imagine if I said Aaron Hines MIGHT be as good as Dwayne Polk was ;)

Roby has done a good job this year and stepped up his game. Kudos to Ford. Not only has Roby often had to guard the other team's best scorer, he's also been called on to carry the offensive load when Bishop went down.

1 hour ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Who is AD? Henriquez?

Coach said that is what they call him (AD), short of Adonys

This board will be flaming all summer on who starts, who gets minutes, who has no shot at even mop up time, etc.  Let's see who stays and who goes first.  Those who might transfer include in alphabetical order, Bishop, Gillmann, Hines, Johnson, Moore, Neufeld, Roby, and Welmer.  Plus there is always a chance of another new face to consider. 

you guys are salivating for players on an 11 win roster that will finish the season with about a 250 rpi.   have at it.  

Just now, billiken_roy said:

you guys are salivating for players on an 11 win roster that will finish the season with about a 250 rpi.   have at it.  

You keep saying this. Care to offer when and where anyone "salivated" over anything? If saying "more than a mopup guy" is your idea of salivation, then I wouldn't want to be around you while you're eating.

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

I cant wait for next season to start so you fairy tale believing fans that seem to still cling to the thought there is value in our existing horrible roster that exceeds what is coming to slu next year.   I just hope you don't do anything rash when your above dream lineup doesn't see much beyond 8 or 9 minutes a game. 

people have a hard time identifying how bad the a10 is this year. I think that is the prime issue.

4 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

You keep saying this. Care to offer when and where anyone "salivated" over anything? If saying "more than a mopup guy" is your idea of salivation, then I wouldn't want to be around you while you're eating.

There was talk about Roby starting over Henriquez. I think Roby very well could start, but I don't know that I see any scenario where Henriquez doesn't.

2 minutes ago, Soderball said:

people have a hard time identifying how bad the a10 is this year. I think that is the prime issue.

If anything I think we have actually exaggerated it because we know the number of tourney teams will be down. Overall, the league is way down from where it was a few years ago but not down too bigly from last year. It's still a better league than when we joined 10 years ago.

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

There was talk about Roby starting over Henriquez. I think Roby very well could start, but I don't know that I see any scenario where Henriquez doesn't.

I missed that. Whatshisname said something about an all-three point shooting lineup for certain situations and a couple people blew a gasket.

Just now, hsmith19 said:

If anything I think we have actually exaggerated it because we know the number of tourney teams will be down. Overall, the league is way down from where it was a few years ago but not down too bigly from last year. It's still a better league than when we joined 10 years ago.

when it had Xavier? please.

The conference was strong during Majerus' tenure.. in no small part due to the strength of SLU in that time.

11 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Roy, you keep moving the goalposts.  Earlier in the year you were stating that we would have no depth at all next year.  I think you must admit our depth right now looks far better than what you were prognosticating.  Time will tell about who starts and how many minutes each gets - but surely you must acknowledge your dire predictions about the makeup of next year's team  seem to be overly negative based on the significant improvement of most of the returning players.

3 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

I missed that. Whatshisname said something about an all-three point shooting lineup for certain situations and a couple people blew a gasket.

Well I think it might have been some of the Crews-faithful who brought that idea up so I'm not sure anyone actually took it seriously. 

1 minute ago, HenryB said:

Roy, you keep moving the goalposts.  Earlier in the year you were stating that we would have no depth at all next year.  I think you must admit our depth right now looks far better than what you were prognosticating.  Time will tell about who starts and how many minutes each gets - but surely you must acknowledge your dire predictions about the makeup of next year's team  seem to be overly negative based on the significant improvement of most of the returning players.

no I haven't changed my position a bit.   I still believe our newbies even exhausted playing 35+ minutes a game will be more effective than any of our current roster.   I do agree that roby and Johnson have improved individually but not at a point I want them on the floor beyond short blows for rest and blowout time.   come December we will know if any of our existing roster is truly worthy.   for now I prefer to assume the crewsplatt connection is pretty much done affecting our team outcomes. 

Without looking it up, our first year in the conference the A10 was something like 11th in conference RPI. Xavier and GW were the only two tourney teams, and they were not nearly as awesome then as people always want to build X up in hindsight. The Dukes, Bonnies and Spiders were truly awful. There is no way that league was better than this year's A10.

6 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Well I think it might have been some of the Crews-faithful who brought that idea up so I'm not sure anyone actually took it seriously. 

I haven't been paying attention to anything a Hoosier or Indiana username says for a while now.

1 minute ago, hsmith19 said:

Without looking it up, our first year in the conference the A10 was something like 11th in conference RPI. Xavier and GW were the only two tourney teams, and they were not nearly as awesome then as people always want to build X up in hindsight. The Dukes, Bonnies and Spiders were truly awful. There is no way that league was better than this year's A10.

in all likelihood, unless rhodey goes deep in the conference tourney to continue to build their rpi, or someone else not being vcu or Dayton wins the auto bid, we will only have two teams in this year as well.   that said, if rhodey say lost to Richmond in the finals, rhodey may be able to still slip in and Richmond would also be in with the auto bid.   I am sure that is what the A10 officials are hoping for.  

we will not get a berth higher than a 7 seed imo.   i.e. we are set up to be out of the ncaa tourney by the first weekend. 

11 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

It was Taj responding to GD saying that under certain situations you might need to put your best three point shooters into the game.  [How about down by 3 with 20 seconds to go?]  I listed the most current stats for our three point shooters.  Then yes, gasket blowing took over.  But isn't that what we do? 

Now guys that is extending the deep dislike for all things Jim Crews into something like geographical discrimination. 

3 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

I haven't been paying attention to anything a Hoosier or Indiana username says for a while now.

10 minutes ago, HenryB said:

and btw henry, I am extremely positive and bullish on all the incoming players.    give us another season with the same recruiting success and we will have the tools to have just an awesome experience.   

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

Now guys that is extending the deep dislike for all things Jim Crews into something like geographical discrimination. 

considering many of us believe hoosier pal is a relative of crews, due to his content of his posts, it is what it is. 

20 minutes ago, HenryB said:

You're not likely to get an admission. Some are too emotional to talk about it logically.