GDT: Dawgs versus Dogs

Taj79

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some stats 12 turnovers 11 assists 15 to 10 rebounds SLU 7-12 3 pointers 12-20 FG's

For as well as we played and they did not,a two point halftime lead at 32 to 30.  We are going to have to continue the hot shooting (7 for 11) from three to keep this up.  But it seems doable.

Just now, Taj79 said:

For as well as we played and they did not,a two point halftime lead at 32 to 30.  We are going to have to continue the hot shooting (7 for 11) from three to keep this up.  But it seems doable.

Either that or just turn it over less. Get more shots.

Turnovers are never good but there is a flow and a consistency to the offense I personally have never seen before this year.  Is it addition by subtraction, I don't know.  What I do know is Bishop is no point guard. Just the best we have right now.

Best half this year?  i'd say absolutely yes.  But it is tenuous at best.  Seven of twelve from three and only a deuce for the lead.  A couple of missed shots and this could go south fast.  The best news is that forcing SIU to actually play basketball could play in our favor.  They are not much better than us.  But Fletcher and or O'Brien go off and look out.

Our shooting has been great. Moore really has a smooth stroke, just needs a slightly quicker release. Hines is frustrating at times, but his selflessness does have its positives  

Also, is anyone else feeling like Gillmann is significantly better than Neufeld? His pass to Reggie was quite nice, and he at least looks like he's touched a basketball before in his life.