Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

True, but I think there is definitely cause for concern. A national guy isn't going to switch his pick, on a guy that has been committed for close to a year, with no inside info. 

It's all starting to add up:

1) Watson decommits

2) Carteare Snap

3) Carteare Visits Mizzou

4) crystal balls switching for Watson and Gordon. 

For the record, I hope I am mercilessly made fun of when Gordon stays committed and Watson commits next week. #InTFordITrust

Yup I have a feeling this isn't going to end well. Good thing is that we have ford that will continue to bring in athletes. If this happened to any of our past coaches our recruiting would never recover. 

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Shocking to hear teenager was visiting mizzou for their opening football game 

I'm praying that you're right. I'd like to think that if gordon was going to commit to miz at any point, it would've been right when Martin got hired or around when tilmon committed. 

39 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

That's just one source, 67% of the predictions still have SLU. And the guy that predicted mizzou also thinks Watson will go there

That same guy picked Watson to go to SLU before the Ohio State commitment. I wouldn't put much stock into his predictions right now. I think they're just guesses for the most part.

2 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Do coaches express interest on kids that are verbally committed to other programs?  

1) deny porter involvement. Hire porter sr.

2) porter kids haven't spoken to Martin, then they commit.

3) tilmon may or may not go to Mizzou. Reaffirms commitment. Goes to Mizzou.

you tell me "coach". 

Martin's a snake. You can bet all your paystubs plus the farm he's trying to backdoor us on Gordon.  But we're into September, so with each passing day until November 18 we can breathe a little easier. One would have thought if he was going to reopen he would have done it by now. That may be wishful thinking on my part, but we Billiken fans do have a tendency to cling to every last chair on the Titanic.

As for Watson, one would have thought that if he was a stone cold lock for the Snake, he might have announced by now. Is he scheduled for any visits anywhere other than KSU? Maybe he'll wait until Spring.

With Watson, it does seem to be following the Tilmon path so far.  He decommits, you hear a lot of talk about him going to Mizzou.  Next, Frank says on his show that he's hearing SLU could be in the lead, almost as if Martin is feeding him that info.  Then a month later he will commit to Mizzou.  Almost like Martin, Mr. Integrity, is still talking and dealing with kids who commit to schools.  

45 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Martin's a snake. You can bet all your paystubs plus the farm he's trying to backdoor us on Gordon.  But we're into September, so with each passing day until November 18 we can breathe a little easier. One would have thought if he was going to reopen he would have done it by now. That may be wishful thinking on my part, but we Billiken fans do have a tendency to cling to every last chair on the Titanic.

As for Watson, one would have thought that if he was a stone cold lock for the Snake, he might have announced by now. Is he scheduled for any visits anywhere other than KSU? Maybe he'll wait until Spring.

Jerry Meyer just put his crystal ball for Watson to Mizzou.

"some coaches in the area continue to recruit committed players. We don't do that." - basically Travis ford about a month ago. Revealing 

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

1) deny porter involvement. Hire porter sr.

2) porter kids haven't spoken to Martin, then they commit.

3) tilmon may or may not go to Mizzou. Reaffirms commitment. Goes to Mizzou.

you tell me "coach". 

To many conspiracy theories.  Porter lived in Columbia and Mizzou was in the running before Martin got there.  Many local kids were eyeing Mizzou as well as SLU but the previous coaches made both choices unpopular amongst kids and parents.  If you know Tilmon then you know he has a lot of people in his ear. You would also know he changes his mind frequently.  He did it during his AAU career as well as high school.  He played with Mokan and the Eagles. The Head Coach at Illinois gets fired.  Tilmon wants to stay close to home. When Tilmon asked for his release inquiries were made by both parties about him coming to SLU...that didn't work out. Mizzou became the best option....with a coach with ties to the area.

I know your version is more entertaining and helps in the SLU vs Mizzou debate so i guess we will just agree to disagree on the subject.

Just now, Coach314 said:

To many conspiracy theories.  Porter lived in Columbia and Mizzou was in the running before Martin got there.  Many local kids were eyeing Mizzou as well as SLU but the previous coaches made both choices unpopular amongst kids and parents.  If you know Tilmon then you know he has a lot of people in his ear. You would also know he changes his mind frequently.  He did it during his AAU career as well as high school.  He played with Mokan and the Eagles. The Head Coach at Illinois gets fired.  Tilmon wants to stay close to home. When Tilmon asked for his release inquiries were made by both parties about him coming to SLU...that didn't work out. Mizzou became the best option....with a coach with ties to the area.

I know your version is more entertaining and helps in the SLU vs Mizzou debate so i guess we will just agree to disagree on the subject.

lol I'm in a results oriented business. I prefer to look at what actually happened.

Also, nothing what I said was disputed  by your post

It just seems to me that some people are trying create a narrative with Gordon that their is no actual proof to back up.  You create uncertainty with Gordon then you put questions in the minds of players that SLU and Mizzou are directly competing for.  I would guess Gordon is solid, but I expect people to keep trying to add to this narrative.

if Gordon and his girlfriend break up, then worry.

48 minutes ago, slu72 said:

A snake?  He's done nothing wrong. How dare you!  Flipping unsigned players is an art and is not immoral or illegal in anyway. You don't have to like it, but there's nothing wrong with it. Just hope it's not a SLU player. It's called a recruiting battle for a reason.  

4 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

A snake?  He's done nothing wrong. How dare you!  Flipping unsigned players is an art and is not immoral or illegal in anyway. You don't have to like it, but there's nothing wrong with it. Just hope it's not a SLU player. It's called a recruiting battle for a reason.  

Martin is a snake. 

13 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

"some coaches in the area continue to recruit committed players. We don't do that." - basically Travis ford about a month ago. Revealing 

Except Coach Ford said, "some coaches...," period.  He wasn't talking about just Bi-state coaches, but all around the country.