VCU fans on Billikens.com

TRN, that would be a grand idea indeed, but MUDKAT is suspended from that board as well. Therefore, going to that unfamiliar setting would still not allow me to converse with the KAT. I would like to get his thoughts on some of the second round matchups and I request that he be unsuspended from Billikens.com by SLU Sign Jong-Un.

I'm sensing a theme here...

But actually, I kind of enjoyed having them around. It was entertaining to say the least. And how can I ask MUDKAT about these bets of his?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TRN, that would be a grand idea indeed, but MUDKAT is suspended from that board as well. Therefore, going to that unfamiliar setting would still not allow me to converse with the KAT. I would like to get his thoughts on some of the second round matchups and I request that he be unsuspended from Billikens.com by SLU Sign Jong-Un.

Nope he deserved to be banned. Steve was kind enough to give him a second chance and he pi$$ed all over the opportunity. Sorry you won't be able to talk to your buddy Mudkat, but maybe there is another way you can contact him. I'm sure he'd love to talk to you or really anybody for that matter.

Nope he deserved to be banned. Steve was kind enough to give him a second chance and he pi$$ed all over the opportunity. Sorry you won't be able to talk to your buddy Mudkat, but maybe there is another way you can contact him. I'm sure he'd love to talk to you or really anybody for that matter.

Bunch of internet beta males.

Hear, hear!

There is too much havoc in the world without inviting it home so it can mess on the carpet.....

Man, I love the Mudkat Band. Never even knew it existed. Gotta go download some of their stuff. :D

Yeah, they have some good sh¡t if you enjoy blues type music. Anyway........ how bout your thoughts on A10 matchups in the Tournament. Will the Bills make it past Thursday and if so is there a chance vs Louisville? How bout the VCU seed, will they get past UCLA? I have St Joes, VCU, Umass and SLU in the Elite Eight, am I a complete moron? Bentornato....

Yeah, they have some good sh¡t if you enjoy blues type music. Anyway........ how bout your thoughts on A10 matchups in the Tournament. Will the Bills make it past Thursday and if so is there a chance vs Louisville? How bout the VCU seed, will they get past UCLA? I have St Joes, VCU, Umass and SLU in the Elite Eight, am I a complete moron? Bentornato....

Are the VCU Havoceers worried about there chances in the Tournament after losing to St Joes and unsure if they will have the whole team available due to injury?

SLU goes to 32. Louisville's a *****. Can't believe that happened. However SLU poses a matchup and talent for the Ville that they are not used to. Get by them and the sky's the limit. SLU should not be freaked out about Louisville. Winnable game, but SLU has to play lights out and own the Ville press.

VCU get's a cupcake then a very evenly matched game if no meltdown in game 1. Every number I've seen puts VCU and UCLA dead even.

VCU will not beat FL if they get to the 16. Stranger things have happened but I don't see it this year.Donovan vs Disciple will be entertaining at the very least. FL will win the Dance if not AZ.

I worry about UMASS if they get TEN. All the numbers and body of work favor TN. UMASS got overseeded by most every analytical thing I've seen.

I see GW going to 32 and no further, however the numbers and matchup favor them in the round of 64.

Dayton is done vs OH State. Book it.

St Joes is the wildcard. Coming in on a roll with Galloway and two other good scorers. They will be a tough game for anyone. Got them in the 16. No further, but if any team in the league can get to the 8, they are likely the one.

Duck and coach K suck. Nuff said about that. They may make the 16 via the help they get every year by playing at home.

UVA is a final 4 team. Would be surprised not to see it but they gotta get through a very hot MI ST team that is peaking. VA is a very tough mathup on the O and D side vs MI ST. Michigan is toast.

Some very interesting silly stupid chosen matchups in the brakets that look close but are really easy calls if all the ratings OPP DPP Offensive and Defensive proficiency are to be followed.

SLU goes to 32. Louisville's a *****. Can't believe that happened. However SLU poses a matchup and talent for the Ville that they are not used to. Get by them and the sky's the limit. SLU should not be freaked out about Louisville. Winnable game, but SLU has to play lights out and own the Ville press.

VCU get's a cupcake then a very evenly matched game if no meltdown in game 1. Every number I've seen puts VCU and UCLA dead even.

VCU will not beat FL if they get to the 16. Stranger things have happened but I don't see it this year.Donovan vs Disciple will be entertaining at the very least. FL will win the Dance if not AZ.

I worry about UMASS if they get TEN. All the numbers and body of work favor TN. UMASS got overseeded by most every analytical thing I've seen.

I see GW going to 32 and no further, however the numbers and matchup favor them in the round of 64.

Dayton is done vs OH State. Book it.

St Joes is the wildcard. Coming in on a roll with Galloway and two other good scorers. They will be a tough game for anyone. Got them in the 16. No further, but if any team in the league can get to the 8, they are likely the one.

Duck and coach K suck. Nuff said about that. They may make the 16 via the help they get every year by playing at home.

UVA is a final 4 team. Would be surprised not to see it but they gotta get through a very hot MI ST team that is peaking. VA is a very tough mathup on the O and D side vs MI ST. Michigan is toast.

Some very interesting silly stupid chosen matchups in the brakets that look close but are really easy calls if all the ratings OPP DPP Offensive and Defensive proficiency are to be followed.

So you haven't seen the Nate Silver analysis which puts UCLA at a 63% chance to advance to VCU's 29%? (http://fivethirtyeight.com/interactives/march-madness-predictions/)

A few comments:

1. VCU fans, like all of our opponents fans, should be welcomed to come on this Board, talk smack, stay for awhile,.. but then must leave!! Basically, they overstayed their welcome just like V-Time did/would do. This is NOT an A-10 Board so Johnny go Jump over there and talk with the losers over there until your heart is content. And when you're there, ask them if have learned to make a layup yet and how life without their top score is going. Wow, we all just knew they would have won the A10 and made a Final Four run but for the ACL injury!! Good grief!! No, the VCWho guys, just like V-Time before them, did bring new topics and interest but only for a while. This Board is about the Billikens and not VCWho or about high school basketball or about what local players might go where any more than it is about VCWho. IMO, Steve made the right call. This is our third straight NCAA Tourney, we are A10 Champs, we have a strong/Senior laden team, we are a 5 seed... and this Board needs to talk and enjoy the moment and not be distracted with a bunch of clowns.

2. First Round Game. This is put up or shut up time for our game with X and the New Big East. We are have the talent and simply need to win this game. As to Louisville, yes, a very tough second round opponent but we are exactly the type of team that could give them trouble.

3. The New Big East v. the Old Big East. The big difference, of course, is that these smaller/private/largely Catholic schools became big-time programs while making a name for ESPN by enjoying the Monday night spotlight largely to themselves -- TV exposure makes crappy programs like Seton Hall and St. Johns players in college basketball. It was no fluke that 3 Big East teams all made it to the Final Four in 1985. Those days are over b/c the other conferences no longer are sitting on the sidelines allowing the Big East schools such a huge advantage

A few comments:

1. VCU fans, like all of our opponents fans, should be welcomed to come on this Board, talk smack, stay for awhile,.. but then must leave!! Basically, they overstayed their welcome just like V-Time did/would do. This is NOT an A-10 Board so Johnny go Jump over there and talk with the losers over there until your heart is content. And when you're there, ask them if have learned to make a layup yet and how life without their top score is going. Wow, we all just knew they would have won the A10 and made a Final Four run but for the ACL injury!! Good grief!! No, the VCWho guys, just like V-Time before them, did bring new topics and interest but only for a while. This Board is about the Billikens and not VCWho or about high school basketball or about what local players might go where any more than it is about VCWho. IMO, Steve made the right call. This is our third straight NCAA Tourney, we are A10 Champs, we have a strong/Senior laden team, we are a 5 seed... and this Board needs to talk and enjoy the moment and not be distracted with a bunch of clowns.

You+must+have+had+no+difficulties+jumpin

So you haven't seen the Nate Silver analysis which puts UCLA at a 63% chance to advance to VCU's 29%? (http://fivethirtyeight.com/interactives/march-madness-predictions/)

Interesting stuff, maybe I'll set up one of my brackets with it and see the outcome. Thanks! Seems to put a lot of weight on travel and most on Sagarin. The travel is an issue for sure. I'm hearing that Melvin Johnson is possible to play Sunday if VCU gets there, which is likely. I'll take a 75% Melvin if he's parked on the 3 line. No teardrops. We won't really know how bad it is until he actually plays. If he does, he will not play a lot of defense. I haven't seen where he has an ACL. Where is that info? I can't find it.

Check this out. Pretty interesting stuff. I put a lot of weight on defense, especially in the tourney.

http://johngasaway.com/2014/03/11/tuesday-truths-final-reality/

This should be a pretty sound predictor as well, as every conference has cupcakes.

63% is the fact that UCLA is basically playing a home game, so they get the 3 point advantage. That game will be a very good game. I do have Louisville winning on two sheets. Unbelievable that the Committee puts such strong weight on a LAME RPI system, when there are so many other tools to use. I am wondering where the other 8% went though.

I can't agree that pre-season rankings should be given a lot of weight, but if they are then VCU should have done very well in that category. I'm also wondering why VCU appears to have gotten the easiest 12 seed when SLU got the worst, That blew me away when I watched the show. Expected SLU to get a much better shot at a sweet 16 since SLU was above VCU in the overall field ratings. Maybe they were using the computer ratings when they filled out the 5-13 slots more than we think.

3. The New Big East v. the Old Big East. The big difference, of course, is that these smaller/private/largely Catholic schools became big-time programs while making a name for ESPN by enjoying the Monday night spotlight largely to themselves -- TV exposure makes crappy programs like Seton Hall and St. Johns players in college basketball. It was no fluke that 3 Big East teams all made it to the Final Four in 1985. Those days are over b/c the other conferences no longer are sitting on the sidelines allowing the Big East schools such a huge advantage

WOW! Is worth joining such a crummy conference? <_<

They were good back then. Players like Ewing, Pickney, Mullins, Mark Jackson, Iverson, etc.. Also they did have a lot coaches with unique personalities. Which made for good ratings. I was guilty of watching it every Monday night. But I do agree, old Big East of the 80s and early 90s was far above what the NBE is. I don't understand the arrogance. Fans yes but Mack? For me its just better money and possibly exposure.