God has spoken; A-10 is screwed.

moytoy12

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke envy.

Anyone with a brain knows that the A-10's RPI was askew this year, some kind of glitch in the formula.

U Mass was # 13 until a week ago for months they were that high, what does that tell you?

Six A-10 teams qualify for NCAA's if you go strictly by the Lunardi RPI formula. The A-10 deserves 4, OK maybe 5. St. Johns was a 2 point favorite in Vegas going into today vs. St. Josephs, for example, though St. Joes looked good today. The VCU win vs VA was early in the year, things are completely different now, who on this board thinks VCU is better than Virginia (other than the hillbilly VCU trolls)?

Agree, I do not think K should have specifically pointed to the A-10 but with his credentials he gets some leeway, he was not touting his team, K was touting his conference. (Little pound-women-on-the-restaurant-floor-in-public Rick Pitino WAS touting Louisville as a # 1 seed... why not jump on him? Answer: "Duke envy". The AMA has studied this phenomenon and found mostly short guys who never played varsity sports, cut from freshmen teams in high school, hate Duke for some reason.)

I had VA + 1 today, earlier in the year I specifically stated Duke may not even make it to the Sweet 16, they have an abundance of top # 1-2-3's but are weak up front and when the tourneys start, the guard play is less important and the BIGS are more of a factor. VA had superior BIGS and it was physical and Duke couldn't compete and fouled to compensate.

Duke envy.

Anyone with a brain knows that the A-10's RPI was askew this year, some kind of glitch in the formula.

U Mass was # 13 until a week ago for months they were that high, what does that tell you?

Six A-10 teams qualify for NCAA's if you go strictly by the Lunardi RPI formula. The A-10 deserves 4, OK maybe 5. St. Johns was a 2 point favorite in Vegas going into today vs. St. Josephs, for example, though St. Joes looked good today. The VCU win vs VA was early in the year, things are completely different now, who on this board thinks VCU is better than Virginia (other than the hillbilly VCU trolls)?

Agree, I do not think K should have specifically pointed to the A-10 but with his credentials he gets some leeway, he was not touting his team, K was touting his conference. (Little pound-women-on-the-restaurant-floor-in-public Rick Pitino WAS touting Louisville as a # 1 seed... why not jump on him? Answer: "Duke envy". The AMA has studied this phenomenon and found mostly short guys who never played varsity sports, cut from freshmen teams in high school, hate Duke for some reason.)

I had VA + 1 today, earlier in the year I specifically stated Duke may not even make it to the Sweet 16, they have an abundance of top # 1-2-3's but are weak up front and when the tourneys start, the guard play is less important and the BIGS are more of a factor. VA had superior BIGS and it was physical and Duke couldn't compete and fouled to compensate.

Pitino > coach k

A-10 >>> ACC

Another bet not taken by MB. Reality.

Pitino > coach k

A-10 >>> ACC

Another bet not taken by MB. Reality.

0-3. (as usual, moytoyboy).

I have not rejected your bet. Jesus, I am not on this 24/7 like you.

I accept your bet, but not for a beer (boring).

Total wins, ACC vs. A-10, in the NCAA's.

Loser has to apologize to the other on this board, admit he was "stupid to think the A-10 would win as many NCAA games as the ACC, I apologize, sir, you are always right". That is more fun.

0-3. (as usual, moytoyboy).

I have not rejected your bet. Jesus, I am not on this 24/7 like you.

I accept your bet, but not for a beer (boring).

Total wins, ACC vs. A-10, in the NCAA's.

Loser has to apologize to the other on this board, admit he was "stupid to think the A-10 would win as many NCAA games as the ACC, I apologize, sir, you are always right". That is more fun.

Assuming that you agree to admit if you lose that you were "stupid to think the ACC would win as many NCAA games as the A10, I apologize, sir, you are always right", deal.

Assuming that you agree to admit if you lose that you were "stupid to think the ACC would win as many NCAA games as the A10, I apologize, sir, you are always right", deal.

Agree, of course.

• VA-Duke-NC-Pitt-NC St
  • VCU-SL-U Mass-GW-St.Joe-Dayton

-cbssports.com has the best conference head to head stats I could find and it shows for this season the A-10 and ACC split the season series 8 to 8

-here is the link I used....http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/conference/conference-vs-conference/2013/ATL10/atlantic-10-conference]

-I wish the site had a nice list of the games, if it does I did not find it

-here are the games as I found them, shouldn't be a surprise but no game played in an A10 gym.....

Vcu wins @ uva

Ford loses @ syr

Rich loses neutral vs unc

Duq loses neutral vs pitt

Umass wins neutral vs clem

Gw wins neutral vs md

Vcu loses neutral vs fl st

Umass loses neutral vs fl st

Gw wins neutral vs mia

Svu wins @ ga tech

Lasalle loses @ mia

Rich loses @ wake

Stb loses @ wake

Umass wins neutral vs bc

Vcu wins neutral vs bc

Vcu wins neutral vs va tech

-this goes both ways, you can only beat who is on your schedule

Agree, of course.

• VA-Duke-NC-Pitt-NC St
  • VCU-SL-U Mass-GW-St.Joe-Dayton

moytoyboy:

1-0.

NC State in a blowout. And Warren with early 2 fouls and rolled his ankle.

If HOF Coach K said they belong in the NCAA Tourney, then that's the way to go.

Or listen to guys in their basements who never played the game.

ACC has a # 1 seed and # 3 seed and other favorable matchups.

You may surrender now by simply posting "OK, Coach K". Bet ends, minimal damage.

moytoyboy:

1-0.

You may surrender now by simply posting "OK, Coach K".

NC state beat an avg X team. You get a win in the play in game, congrats.

moytoyboy:

1-0.

You may surrender now by simply posting "OK, Coach K". Bet ends, minimal damage.

MB, please return to reminiscing about your good times in the 70's.