GDT It's hasta la vista Seniors

slu72

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is who this team is. We will have gone 12-4 or maybe 13-3 in conference play. We will be a 5-8 seed. In my opinion that is who this team is. Just because most of our wins happened to come in a row doesn't change that. Let's hope we can get healthy and strive for two wins in the tourney.

SLU led 42-32 and again couldn't finish off a team. SLU shot a 3 up 10 points, missed, and back came UD.

I do not understand how SLU's attempt to call time out after a SLU made basket in the final half minute (33 seconds) was denied by the ref. My recollection is that cost SLU 5 seconds and forced SLU to foul with 27 seconds left.

With all the problems, SLU missed 10 free throws, and at least 2 front ends of 1&1's.

And yet, SLU clinches the #1 seed in the A10 Tournament and at least a tie for the regular season A10 Championship, with SLU holding the tiebreaker over St. Joe's.

If this senior team can't finish what can we expect of next year?

One of the newbies has got to be able to shoot lights out from outside and midrange, Right????? RIGHT!!!!!!!!! JUST FOUCKING LIE TO ME AND SAY FOUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be fine with resting everyone v Umass. There's no point to that game really.

It is relevant for NCAA seeding. The coaching staff needs to watch the RPI closely between tonight and Sunday. Also use RPIForecast as to what SLU's RPI would be with a road win at UMass.

You really don't want to go into the conference tournament with 4 straight losses, and potentially into the NCAA Tournament with 5 straight losses.

This being said, the point is well taken. I seriously wonder if SLU can win the first game of the NCAA Tournament with Jett and Evans both hobbling.

We know the good Billikens could make the elusive Sweet 16.

This (whether to rest the players) is quite a dilemma for the coaching staff. My gut is Crews will NOT rest the starters on Sunday at UMass. The players themselves will no doubt be against it.

It's a huge game for seeding... Don't want to be an 8/9.

It doesn't look like it matters right now. I can see us getting crushed in the first game the way we are playing.

I'm not going to fault the team. I'm not feeling too good about JC's game management. Starters consistently on the floor too many minutes. Now they're worn out and beat up and the bench had the talent to contribute much more. Could be a short tournament run.

Now the seniors graduate and we start out next year with green starters.

One of the newbies has got to be able to shoot lights out from outside and midrange, Right????? RIGHT!!!!!!!!! JUST :Jimbo Bad Language: LIE TO ME AND SAY FOUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We better hope Ash is electric. Don't think any of the Incomers are dynamic offensive players.

We could really use McCaw.