Anyone feeling really confident today?

slu72

I still like our chances for a W today. Our style doesn't play into VCUs strengths, ie speed 'em up to make 'em feel desperate. We've mostly handled their pressure in the past, so I don't see the gimmick rattling us. That said, Thursday night's debacle is mystifying. I watched the replay and it does seem we didn't bring it as hard as we could. Also, we're they too over confident in their ability to pull it out at the end? Was VCU more in their mind than Duquense? Who knows, and it seems they don't either. Hopefully, what comes out of that disaster is they go back to realizing we may not be the most athletic group out there, but if they just play as the well disciplined team they've been all year, they can beat anyone. Go Bills.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Walking into the 'Fetz on Thursday night, I felt like the Bills would beat Duquesne by 20 and that we'd see Royce Simpson and Austin Eagleton with 5 minutes left.

I am not feeling confident at all about this game today, so expect SLU to smoke VCU. :)

I love this team, but tough to feel confident right now given the last couple weeks. We've eeked out wins over a couple of decent teams, a couple of not so good teams and finally it caught up with us Thursday.

So, is this a turning point as we head into March? Do we go into VCU and get back to what we do best with improved offensive efficiency or do we shrink in the face of a little adversity? I'm not betting against this group of seniors. SLU by 3 tonight.

I don't like your chances.

VCU at home is 20x better than VCU on the road. You guys will see a huge difference today. SLU has never played the VCU they will face today.

Probably because they get the VCU refs who let them get away with assault in the backcourt and they just attribute it to "havoc" and "great defense"

Would not have been confident about this game before Thursday, which certainly didn't help. We will have to play our best game to date to win this game. We've been very turnover prone lately which doesn't help against gimmick. Hopefully Thursday was a wake up call and we take care of the basketball. If we hold into the ball, we win.

Probably because they get the VCU refs who let them get away with assault in the backcourt and they just attribute it to "havoc" and "great defense"

They are A10 refs.

Our guys feed off of the crowds energy which is why we play better at home. Same as most teams except VCU fans are a little wilder and get along with each other so that helps too.

Kind of fun to be the underdog. Regardless of our sloppy play lately, nobody scares me with this team. Pumped for a good game.

Agreed. I don't expect a rowdy crowd to make a difference on this team. They have been great on the road this far.

SLU took New Mexico down to the wire on the road. I'm sure it's hard to win at VCU but it can't be that much worse than New Mexico

No. You guys have never played in a place like VCU. We're undefeated at home. We were student section of the year last year. Our students have been camping out in tents in front since Wednesday.

You're in for a hell of a shock.

Our home court is as tough as any in the country.