Big Heads

slufan13

Maybe I'm just not noticing it, but has the student section had any of the big heads recently? I know that the ones that had earlier this year were absolutely terrible, but it'd still be nice to have something back there. The big wagging finger in the band is a nice distraction. As said before, the balloons do absolutely nothing. ESPN actually did a study a couple years ago that to actually distract a free throw shooter, having something like balloons all the same color is actually the worst thing you can do because it gives a familiar backdrop to the shooter. They said significant noise and random objects the sharp, sudden movements were the best way to accomplish anything.

Anyway, anyone have any good ideas for big heads? I know the 2 leaders of the SLUNatics won't do anything (and plus I'm sure they don't read this board), but maybe some other student or the Athletic Department could put together something good for the VCU game. They have a couple weeks to work on something.

Saw some pretty nice balloon animals/hats yesterday. Maybe everyone should just dress up as a clown since they'd rather play with their balloon that pay attention to the game.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New here. I'm one of the friends Rise is talking about. We made the heads but the SLUnatics didn't seem too thrilled. I'd love to make some more but the main SLUnatics leaders are too pushy with how they're used. Like he said, they took them and "stored" them wherever at Chaifetz and we havent seem them since. For reference, one was a giant Gary Busey (my favorite), a Dwight Schrute, and a Stewie Griffin. I may still have Stewie. Anyway, yea I miss the big heads and if people want them back, I'll make em and bring em.

New here. I'm one of the friends Rise is talking about. We made the heads but the SLUnatics didn't seem too thrilled. I'd love to make some more but the main SLUnatics leaders are too pushy with how they're used. Like he said, they took them and "stored" them wherever at Chaifetz and we havent seem them since. For reference, one was a giant Gary Busey (my favorite), a Dwight Schrute, and a Stewie Griffin. I may still have Stewie. Anyway, yea I miss the big heads and if people want them back, I'll make em and bring em.

Make them and bring them to the games. If the SLUNatics' leader doesn't like them, too bad. It's more original than handing out balloons.

Make them and bring them to the games. If the SLUNatics' leader doesn't like them, too bad. It's more original than handing out balloons.

Agreed. And I think the whole balloons thing is the athletic department/staff's doing. They supply them. But yea, I should be able to bring em without incident. I mean if the arena staff doesn't like it then they clearly have no understanding of college basketball culture. Truthfully I'm most worried aout the arena staff. I have a feeling they may be the ones behind the extinction. I'll try and look for my Stewie and any suggestions on this thread would be nice. I thought of doing a Miley Cyrus with her tongue sticking out.

Agreed. And I think the whole balloons thing is the athletic department/staff's doing. They supply them. But yea, I should be able to bring em without incident. I mean if the arena staff doesn't like it then they clearly have no understanding of college basketball culture. Truthfully I'm most worried aout the arena staff. I have a feeling they may be the ones behind the extinction. I'll try and look for my Stewie and any suggestions on this thread would be nice. I thought of doing a Miley Cyrus with her tongue sticking out.

Make a Ron Burgundy one

Miley with the foam finger between her legs. Get on it.

Miley with the foam finger between her legs. Get on it.

Damn fine idea. Damn fine. Hows this photo?

Original Link:

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/65916-miley-cyrus-degraded-the-foam-finger-at-vmas-product-creator-says/1377797277_miley-cyrus-zoom.jpg

Id like too see one of Woody Allen and Soon Yi. If that doesn't creep out a FT shooter I dont know what will.

Agreed 100% but I feel like to make an impact the shooter must know and relate somehow. But yea I'd just puke. Soon Yi is disgusting.

Heisenberg.

Also good!