Flamers

Where are they? I remember long battles with flamers from other teams coming on our Board and stirring things up, making me laugh. Brownindians seemed to remind me about the absence of outrageous claims and empty threats.

Have we become too civil? I think not, but there have been no visitors dropping in to challenge our team, supporters, etc, causing us to get crazy.

mhg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re Non-Conference:

The series with Missouri State, the old SMS, is in hiatus. Mo. State fans used to infiltrate this Board around the SLU-Mo. State game.

SIUC is way down.

Mizzou won't play SLU and has actually relegated itself into a poorer basketball conference in the SEC.

In the C-USA days there used to be spirited battles with Cincinnati supporters. But of course, that old rivalry is long gone. Marquette (and DePaul) left SLU at the altar when they went to the Big East.

Even in the A10, the closer in proximity schools Butler and Xavier are gone, leaving SLU on a Western Island of its own, and manning the Western Flank of the league with Dayton.

VCU has a spirited following. We may be hearing from Ramball/Havoc (Gimmick) supporters this season.

The Bonnies are out there. There aren't that many of them, but they are good at stirring the pot.

Where are they? I remember long battles with flamers from other teams coming on our Board and stirring things up, making me laugh. Brownindians seemed to remind me about the absence of outrageous claims and empty threats.

Have we become too civil? I think not, but there have been no visitors dropping in to challenge our team, supporters, etc, causing us to get crazy.

mhg

We are a lot better than we used to be.

Haha...nothing new. Last year I had many Mizzou fans tell me that Mitchell was our best player (debatable in itself last season) and that even he wouldn't receive minutes in Mizzou's rotation. By the end of the season, that talk had mostly subsided, though.