Lunardi Update 5/15

Taj79

Big Joe has posted his latest uppdate based on the recruiting signings. Bills an 8-seed in San Diego against 9-seed Boise State, winner facing 1-seed Arizona. Ha-ha -- just for fun.

Others of note: New Big East: Marquette a 4, Nova an 11, Xavier an 11, Georgetown a 7, Creighton a 5 and no Butler.

A10: us, VCU a 7, La Salle an 8.

Others: Mizzou a 10 and Illinois a 12-play in member. No Temple from the America nor any sign of Charlotte.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those seedings would seem favorable to me. Not necessarily the 8 seed, but I think we would beat both Boise and Arizona. That being said, I think Arizona will be more in the 4-6 seed range, not a 1.

I've seen Arizona top 5 overall in a lot of the preseason rankings. AZ being a 1 wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Nothing screams straight basketball talk more than bracketology in early May.

Especially when we start fretting about specific match-ups in the completely made up bracketogy.

I suspect last year's bracketology at this time had Kentucky as a #1 seed...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I do my own bracketology and yes it's early, but it's fun to track all the roster changes. Can't wait for the schedules to be released to gauge RPI and SOS. Below is my preseason bracketology. A10 will be great to watch as I think the championship will be between your team and VCU. The 3rd spot in the A10 will be coveted as it will be the last at-large A10 bid in the tourney:

www.explorertownbracketologist.com

Thanks for looking.

Hi everyone,

I do my own bracketology and yes it's early, but it's fun to track all the roster changes. Can't wait for the schedules to be released to gauge RPI and SOS. Below is my preseason bracketology. A10 will be great to watch as I think the championship will be between your team and VCU. The 3rd spot in the A10 will be coveted as it will be the last at-large A10 bid in the tourney:

Thanks for looking.

I've seen your work a couple places. Better than Lunardi, but I don't like Lunardi much.

I've seen your work a couple places. Better than Lunardi, but I don't like Lunardi much.

I appreciate that. I've been rolling out my bracketology. Nothing like preseason bracketology. Fun to speculate without RPI and SOS data.

Especially when we start fretting about specific match-ups in the completely made up bracketogy.

I suspect last year's bracketology at this time had Kentucky as a #1 seed...

Yes the 1st Noel.

• 2 months later...

Updated August bracket. NCAA is announcing new bracket rules tomorrow. My bracket accounts for that.

This bracket shows that our schedule is tougher than I thought. Other NCAA teams are VCU (2), Ind St, Wis, Oakland, ODU and Lasalle. I might have missed a few, but this shows how important it is to get off to a good start in the Mex tournament and against Ind St (one of only 2 MVC teams projected in ).

Question for all on here: does anyone really think that this year's team will be worse than last year? It seems as if all experts are thinking we will be worse. Personally, I think with five seniors, and four returning starters, I think well be even better than last year, with AMcB "replacing" Kwam. Thoughts?

Question for all on here: does anyone really think that this year's team will be worse than last year? It seems as if all experts are thinking we will be worse. Personally, I think with five seniors, and four returning starters, I think well be even better than last year, with AMcB "replacing" Kwam. Thoughts?

-I think replacing the leadership of KM and CE will be a key, KM was a guard that I trusted with the ball and both he and CE helped break the press (see VCU) and not to be forgotten CR had some nice games, if the replacements are better than KM/CE/CR the team should be better, but all 3 knew the system very well

I think we should be about the same because of the extra year of experience, but don't underestimate how valuable Kwamain was to this team. While the numbers he put up post suspension never lived up to his sophomore year the mere fact that we won 12 games one year, had everybody mature a season and added only him and we turned into a 27 win, NCAA tourney team speaks volumes. Last year, we were 4-3 against non-buy game opponents before he comes back. We went 20-4 with him back in the line-up.

That doesn't even touch on all the good things Cody did as well as the bench contributions of Cory.

I agree that this year's team will be better than last year's team. Unfortunately, that may not result in a higher seed in the tournament. Last year, our quality win column included three wins over Butler (a team that beat #1 seeds Indiana and Gonzaga). We won't have that this year. We had a win over #20 New Mexico that we won't have the opportunity to replicate this year.

We could be a better team with a better record and still end up with a lower seed.

This may be too hopeful, or too illogical, but I think a large part of this team's fate has to do with how DE plays this year.

My quick logic:

1) He is our best player.

2) Yet, we have a solid and experienced supporting group, that even without KM, is very good.

3) College ball is so often determined by how much their best player can achieve.

I'm not saying the fate of our team stands on a knife's edge of how well DE plays, but I think the net result is that if DE continues to improve into his senior season, the team will end up being even better than the two previous years.

In all seriousness, DE will be fighting to make himself a serious contender to be an NBA player. I think his maturity and ability is ready for this and he could have an amazing season.

I agree that this year's team will be better than last year's team. Unfortunately, that may not result in a higher seed in the tournament. Last year, our quality win column included three wins over Butler (a team that beat #1 seeds Indiana and Gonzaga). We won't have that this year. We had a win over #20 New Mexico that we won't have the opportunity to replicate this year.

We could be a better team with a better record and still end up with a lower seed.

We have Wichita on the schedule to replace New Mexico. I've been seeing Vanderbilt getting shredded, so they may not be very useful. Indiana St. will probably be top 100 or so. VCU is going to be good. The schedule looks pretty competitive from what I've seen.

This may be too hopeful, or too illogical, but I think a large part of this team's fate has to do with how DE plays this year.

My quick logic:

1) He is our best player.

2) Yet, we have a solid and experienced supporting group, that even without KM, is very good.

3) College ball is so often determined by how much their best player can achieve.

I'm not saying the fate of our team stands on a knife's edge of how well DE plays, but I think the net result is that if DE continues to improve into his senior season, the team will end up being even better than the two previous years.

In all seriousness, DE will be fighting to make himself a serious contender to be an NBA player. I think his maturity and ability is ready for this and he could have an amazing season.

Agree here, if DE is second half of the season DE, we are going to be extremely tough to beat.

I think AM's play will go a long way towards replicating last year's success. If he can contribute 75-80% of what KM brought, I'd be psyched. Love a deep backcourt.