Big East going to 12 per Seton Hall AD

STLfan

I don't know if it's been said yet in this thread or any of the other threads regarding the NBE, but this is the most important topic on this board and should have way more than 13 posts. There are no secondary topics, only tertiary topics.

Bad news - I got a report from an insider that the NBE is NOT including SLU in the next two teams because this thread is way too short and we don't give getting into the NBE enough attention. Way to go guys, you ruined it for the school. Hope you're happy.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news - I got a report from an insider that the NBE is NOT including SLU in the next two teams because this thread is way to short and we don't give getting into the NBE enough attention. Way to go guys, you ruined it for the school. Hope you're happy.

You're clearly a fraud. Any true insider knows that we're not getting in because it's Biondi's fault.

SLU went from a maybe in a 10 team league to a lock in a 12 team league back to a maybe in a 12 team league. The trends are bad. I believe RIchmond is in and it is between SLU and Dayton. And Dayton can actually fill a building. This does not bode well. Anyone for a 16 team league?

I would like for that to be the case. A lot.

You didn't mention mb has dreams of rickma's underwear drawer. Mb sees rick as most of us see Christ.

The man is dead, and you still wont let up. We get it Roy, you hated RM. Fact is, he was the best thing that has ever happened to slu athletics. I really get tired of your bs. You are a loser.

The man is dead, and you still wont let up. We get it Roy, you hated RM. Fact is, he was the best thing that has ever happened to slu athletics. I really get tired of your bs. You are a loser.

Wow! Little over done don't you think? I'm pretty sure Roy was just joking about MB73 and was not taking a shot at RM.

OK, for all you light board readers (no weirdo, obsessive 24/7/365 stalkers, just the good solid SLU fans), I have a breakdown of all the MB73-approved realities of the world that you need to know, just in case you missed them the first few dozen times he posted them:

- The most important thing right now is that SLU gets in the Big East. It is the most pressing matter of ALL TIME.

- Albert Pujols is really fuoking old.

- The Post Dispatch is a commie, leftist rag that will always favor Mizzou over SLU. When they cover SLU, it is always in an unfavorable light, with unflattering pictures and whatnot.

- Only haters talk sh!t about Duke. (MB73 is no fan of Duke, but he will defend them against all the haters. If you keep pressing him, he will ask you to debate his son at Humphrey's about the matter.)

- The Japanese are sneaky bastards.

- We need more welders in this country.

- SLU should have gone to the MVC instead of the A-10.

- We need BIGS.

- KenPom, Sagarin and The Wiz are all ca-ca.

- Soccer is boring. USA Soccer sucks, always getting beat by Ghana and Namibia. Always bet the under.

- The most important thing right now is that SLU gets in the Big East. It is the most pressing matter of ALL TIME. I know this has been said once already, but it just cannot be repeated enough.

This is sooooo funny. No disrespect to MB.

Not over done at all. Roy is an a hole, and yes he was taking a shot at rm, like he has done numerous times before.

You must be incredibly rich. Clearly, anyone who can read people's minds could make millions!!!!

let it go alumni. nothing i had in that post was a shot at rickma. as you said in an earlier post, it was a statement about mb's obsession with rickma as few of mb's posts about the billikens leave out his over the top regard for rickma. if big bill fan cant read that, it is his problem. obviously he is just looking for a reason to slam me. his right. hopefully it makes him feel better.

I believe someone mentioned Fr. B's trip to Asia netted SLU $2mil in donations. Considering the expense of island hopping in Asia, wouldn't it have been more profitable if he'd delayed that and instead went to Brooklyn to lobby for our being admited to the Beast? $3mil for TV contract, so revenue's up by a mil, and hanging for a week in Brooklyn has to be a lot cheaper than a barnstorming trip thru the Far East. Of course, the kobe steak's better in Japan than in Brooklyn.

I believe someone mentioned Fr. B's trip to Asia netted SLU $2mil in donations. Considering the expense of island hopping in Asia, wouldn't it have been more profitable if he'd delayed that and instead went to Brooklyn to lobby for our being admited to the Beast? $3mil for TV contract, so revenue's up by a mil, and hanging for a week in Brooklyn has to be a lot cheaper than a barnstorming trip thru the Far East. Of course, the kobe steak's better in Japan than in Brooklyn.

-wasn't the time for lobbying 9 months/a year ago?

let it go alumni. nothing i had in that post was a shot at rickma. as you said in an earlier post, it was a statement about mb's obsession with rickma as few of mb's posts about the billikens leave out his over the top regard for rickma. if big bill fan cant read that, it is his problem. obviously he is just looking for a reason to slam me. his right. hopefully it makes him feel better.

Roy, are you denying that you haven't rip RM on numerous occasions? If so, you are a liar..Everyone on this board knows of your intense dislike for RM, do we really need to review your old posts? For a man, who preaches integrity and compassion, you never showed any toward RM...Portraying your self as the victim now is a complete joke...

-wasn't the time for lobbying 9 months/a year ago?

Yes as to the 9 months ago but also it sure seems like 3 months ago was a big time as well.

And again, I don't get the whole either or concept. These are fellow Catholic university presidents (mostly Jesuits) that Fr. Biondi must win over. Surely they understand the need for foreign recruiting of students and donations. And with technology, keeping in contact and schmoozing should not be a problem no matter where Fr. Biondi was at the time.

Roy, are you denying that you haven't rip RM on numerous occasions? If so, you are a liar..Everyone on this board knows of your intense dislike for RM, do we really need to review your old posts? For a man, who preaches integrity and compassion, you never showed any toward RM...Portraying your self as the victim now is a complete joke...

BBF you are absolutely correct. I assume Alumni Fan probably is a friend of broy.

And the "underwear drawer..." thing broy mentioned, whoa, that was weirdo-sicko stuff in the context he used and should not be part of anything on this board especially in the same statement about RM.

+1

There was no reason for roy to interject RM into the discussion. Follow the thread... MB made no reference to RM, it was all about his obsession with the NBE. Keep in mind too, that roy used to get bent out of shape when people would criticize his beloved Sodie... his standard response was something like "he is no longer our coach, why are we still talking about him?" Well, since RM stepped down as coach and passed away, roy certainly hasn't taken that approach. The digs at RM just keep on coming... classic roy hypocrisy.

roy is so out of touch that he doesn't realize that the overwhelming majority of Billiken nation have a great deal of admiration for RM, including Conklin, Kwamain, Evans and Ellis. Are they wrong? A few small time media types and boosters didn't care for RM initially, but in the end he won most of them over too, not just as a coach, but also as a person. roy is on the wrong side of history. While history will look back fondly on what our Hall of Fame coach was able to build here, roy will be the lone Billiken booster who will have a sour taste in his mouth and will continue to look back fondly on a golden era when we had a Division II coach leading the Billikens to consistent mediocrity. :wacko:

no i am not denying that. i am saying the post you ripped me on was NOT a swipe at rickma. it was a swipe at MB73. you were out of line coming after me for that post.

you are correct, i never showed any compassion for rickma. reap what is sowed.

-I wonder if the NBE is going to 12 and if the NBE knows who the next two are and if SLU is one of the next two have we been told we are in? I ask as that could impact scheduling, that is we wouldn't sign a home and home with X or Butler if we would be playing them in league

There was no reason for roy to interject RM into the discussion. Follow the thread... MB made no reference to RM, it was all about his obsession with the NBE.

ace go back and reread the thread. my post was a failed attempt to pile on mb after jbizzle had the post about all of mb's quirky over the top obsessions for post subjects and tired arguments. it is the rare mb post where he doesnt see the need to remind everyone how wonderful and lucky we were to have rickma as a coach. thus i added to jbizzle's list. obviously no one got that, as the likes of you, big bill fan and mb are more in tune with another opportunity to pounce on my dislike of majerus. so i screwed up as my attempt at some humor failed. so be it.

ace go back and reread the thread. my post was a failed attempt to pile on mb after jbizzle had the post about all of mb's quirky over the top obsessions for post subjects and tired arguments. it is the rare mb post where he doesnt see the need to remind everyone how wonderful and lucky we were to have rickma as a coach. thus i added to jbizzle's list. obviously no one got that, as the likes of you, big bill fan and mb are more in tune with another opportunity to pounce on my dislike of majerus. so i screwed up as my attempt at some humor failed. so be it.

The reason that your attempt at "humor" failed is that most people, not just MB, recognize that we were very lucky to have RM. You are the outlier on this subject, NOT MB.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8727273/hundreds-remember-rick-majerus-funeral

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21238240/wakeup-call-an-outpouring-of-commemoration-for-rick-majerus

Brian Conklin thinks you are full of sh!t

In addition Roy doesn't care about the environment

He almost always tries to top off his gas tank allowing dangerous fumes to escape into the air.

He doesn't save the pop top off alumminum cans

and ... I'm sure he holds his refrig door open to long wasting valuable energy. ( He probably doesn't care and believes we should just destroy the beautiful Alaskan wilderness to provide him with as much energy as he wants)

The reality of it is ... Roy is just a bad person and I believe I've heard it mentioned on here he sometimes wears a puffy coat. Which is ironic since he probably doesn't support gay marriage

In addition Roy doesn't care about the environment

He almost always tries to top off his gas tank allowing dangerous fumes to escape into the air.

He doesn't save the pop top off alumminum cans

and ... I'm sure he holds his refrig door open to long wasting valuable energy. ( He probably doesn't care and believes we should just destroy the beautiful Alaskan wilderness to provide him with as much energy as he wants)

The reality of it is ... Roy is just a bad person and I believe I've heard it mentioned on here he sometimes wears a puffy coat. Which is ironic since he probably doesn't support gay marriage

Oh you got the narrative all wrong... roy is the virtuous one, protecting us from meanies like RM. :angry:

you are correct, i never showed any compassion for rickma. reap what is sowed.

Whoa, Broy, that's a little over the top and way too harsh. The man is dead. And contrary to your feelings about him, he was greatly admired by a lot of people who knew him a lot more intimately than we did. I think you're still angry about the way he treated UB's prized recruit, Thompson. Well, he ended up with Uncle Brad, right where he belonged.

Whoa, Broy, that's a little over the top and way too harsh. The man is dead. And contrary to your feelings about him, he was greatly admired by a lot of people who knew him a lot more intimately than we did. I think you're still angry about the way he treated UB's prized recruit, Thompson. Well, he ended up with Uncle Brad, right where he belonged.

a lot more x billikens than just thompson