Deafening Silence?

That is freakin' nuts. :angry:

In one of his first interviews after the Tourney, Crews thought it would be done one way or the other by yesterday or today. This is ridiculous. This would seem like something really simple. And even when the university does something bold and great for the program like hire RM, they bungle the timing. Sodie should have been done immediately after the season and his replacement brought in sooner. Waiting so damn long put RM at a disadvantage.

JC probably going to be SLU's highest payed employee so it understandable the good Father wants to be present for the announcement. Also, judging from the good Father interest in the team, maybe he's never met JC. -_-

Face it, we're not going to make it every year. No one does, save for Duke. But 3 appearances in 13 years should not be acceptable. And as we speak, can you imagine how many applications FGCU is getting right now? A sweet 16 run now and then would be nice. Heck, LaSalle's apps are probably up and they can easily make the elite 8.

Agree it's hard to make the tournament every year. In fact right now according to Wikipedia only 11 programs have made the tournament each of the last five years.

Consecutive appearances - School

24 - Kansas

18 - Duke

16 - Michigan State

15 - Wisconsin

15 - Gonzaga

8 - Marquette

7 - Louisville

6 - Temple

5 - Missouri

5 - Ohio State

5 - Syracuse

Some big name programs aren't on that list.

Hopefully we can get to the point where we make the dance far more often than not but I wouldn't expect to make it every year.

The key will be the next two recruiting classes. I think we have a pretty decent shot next year, would love to see a shot blocker so Garland, Rosie Jones and other guards can't kill us next year.

We need talent to pick us up after Jet, McCall, Loe and Evans departs. Hope Drew, JM, McBroom, and Crawford will be a good core in two years but want more and deeper talent.

One thing going for Crews is that he does play a deep bench. Deeper than RM played.

Right. Exactly, now you understand.

Yes, he in fact micro-manages every single decision; and underline that if it concerns $$$, of any amount. You got it.

This insistence on signing off on any and all details; and unwillingness to delegate; might surprise some folks out there, but it's just par for the course up here in campus-land. Plus, I'm certain that, when and if a presser is called, the good Father will be at the microphone.

But will he say the coaches' name right this time?

JC probably going to be SLU's highest payed employee so it understandable the good Father wants to be present for the announcement. Also, judging from the good Father interest in the team, maybe he's never met JC. -_-

Let me repeat! Father B is at most games!

Must be mistaken, Georgetown and Creighton have too much proven stability to be left off that list....

GT's streak is at 4 (with no Sweet 16s in that time)

Creighton's is at 2

Despite what their fans would tell you Creighton has only been a consistently srong program since about '99.

Because they're waiting for some really bad allegations to come out about the interim guy even though they already had the new guy picked for weeks. Want to make sure they really screw it up.

Oh, wait. Sorry. I thought we were talking about the Law School.

great one!

He can do a Gene Keady.

I don't know if its a good idea to have the General here.

Roy seems like a good dude.

I really dont want to hear that his head exploded.

The only reason the geriatric general needs to be in St. Louis is to watch his redbirds this summer.

hiring booby knight would have my billiken club membership and season tickets cancelled and all my billiken clothes and memorbilla burned before the press conference was over announcing that horrible hire.

luckily, i dont think there is a chance in hell that biondi could stomach booby's ego to even try that.

Check out Knight on that Applebee's commercial he looks old and frail. That is as good as he can look right now. We don't need him now.

hiring booby knight would have my billiken club membership and season tickets cancelled and all my billiken clothes and memorbilla burned before the press conference was over announcing that horrible hire.

luckily, i dont think there is a chance in hell that biondi could stomach booby's ego to even try that.

don't burn that sh*t sell it on the other thread (pun intended)

It is amazing to me how much disinformation is posted on this board without any basis whatsoever in fact.

Here are just a few--

Coach Crews said he was not interested in the coaching position at SLU--this is false and he never ever said he was not interested to anyone.

Coach Crews does not like to recruit or he hates recruiting--this is not true and he never ever said anything like that--in fact, he and his staff have been recruiting intensely for months and they are working hard right now on a number of possible recruits.

The the one I love most--if the Billikens do not make the big dance every year--one poster says it should be at least 17 years in a row-- and many say it must be 8 out of 10--then the team is terrible and they will stop being fans! this is so ridiculous that it is hard to believe- a response might be when did our fans become like those of Kentucky--but wait --alert! Kentucky with a roster of 10 high school all americans did not make the big dance this year, and Texas with a bunch of HS all americans did not make the big dance- and Baylor with a bunch of 5 star recruits did not make the big dance- and I did some research and only a handful of teams have ever had a streak of 17 years in a row in the NCAA at some point over the past 50 years or so--Duke, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas and Arizona- and even those teams have missed the tournament numerous times over the years-and then let's look at Michigan with all blue chip recruits and a storied history--they recently missed the big dance for 8 years in a row. In my view, we should be extremely happy to have a team which went to the third round two years in a row--even with the bad shooting flame out in the Oregon Game.

The bottom line is that we are in a good place with our bb program, Chris May is an intelligent guy and he will do what is best for the school--Father Biondi is returning and I am sure they will sit down and hammer out the details of a deal with Coach Crews. All of this speculation about who wants what and who won't give what is ridiculous and untrue. There is not press conference scheduled but you can rest assured that all concerned want to conclude this on as expedited basis as is possible under the circumstances.

The trip to Asia is an annual event to connect with our supporters in that part of the world, generate good will with fundraising contacts and major donors and work with various folks to set up and maintain networks for the referral of students to SLU. In this day and age, the global nature of everything in business and in education dictates that the leaders of universities must make such trips.

+1. Well said. Thank you.