Top lines from the Oregon Ducks board =

DoctorB

1. If we played as well as we did today then I see us having no problem against Saint Louis.

2. I think they they got the first game jitters out and will play with more confidence.

3. I watched a bit of their game today before our game, and came away pretty underwhelmed.

4. I doubt many 12 seeds have been as good as Oregon.

5. I believe our best is better than their best.

6. we're playing very well and at this point Artis and Dotson are more like Sophs than Frosh and I believe they'll rise to the challenge!

7. Any team that faces this Duck team right now will need to play very well to beat them.

8. I take solace in that they lost to Washington.

9. This team should be a lot more relaxed now that the first game is over.

Top line = Evans was a beast today.

all at: http://ducksattack.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15320

SLU hasn't been on the national radar until the last few weeks. Can understand why Oregon fans wouldn't know much about us. They have 8 losses, but their PG was hurt for awhile. Also three of those losses were in OT, and two additional losses were by 1 point and 2 points. They seem to be a very quality team and I'd be surprised if they didn't present a much stiffer challenge than NMST. Now, the question is, is Oregon>VCU? Butler? They played very well yesterday, but if you read their threads, many of their fans were surprised by that. Several fans on their message board admitted picking OSU over Oregon in their brackets. With freshman guards, one would expect the inesperience could be exploited, especially by a high-intensity defense.

Butler > Washington....which we beat 3 times

Heck, I believe our conference is 6-0 in the tournament so far, a conference and tournament we won with teams like VCU which we beat 2xs and Butler which we beat 3xs that are looking to make a deep run in their respective brackets.

And they use the Washington game to compare us to- an early season game when we are without our co-captain PG and hall of fame coach. Hopefully their team is looking at the same Washington game and thinking the same thing as their board.

The one game they lost by 11 to Cincy was the one I thought gave me the best feeling that we can do this and move on to Indy. I also think our team has done a very good job of focusing at the task at hand and today that is beating a good Ducks team. Let's Go Bills!!!

This is going to be a really tough game. I watched a half of the OK/OR game and thought the ducks are a refined version of Charlotte. They attack the boards on both ends. And really push it. We need the same type of game plan we had against Memphis last year; RM told the guys every time we put a shot have at least 3-4 guys immediately go defend the half court. I remember the Memphis coach saying, the got to us because every time we tried to push it we ran into a blue wall. OR likes to push it after every made basket, so we've got to set up the great white wall of Billikens. Scary game, but it's not like we haven't had our share of them.

This is going to be a really tough game. I watched a half of the OK/OR game and thought the ducks are a refined version of Charlotte. They attack the boards on both ends. And really push it. We need the same type of game plan we had against Memphis last year; RM told the guys every time we put a shot have at least 3-4 guys immediately go defend the half court. I remember the Memphis coach saying, the got to us because every time we tried to push it we ran into a blue wall. OR likes to push it after every made basket, so we've got to set up the great white wall of Billikens. Scary game, but it's not like we haven't had our share of them.

Closer than NMST for sure, but Bills win by 10+. Experience and defensive intensity too much for Duck's frosh backcourt.

Game Day is here.

The Billikens have the opportunity to go to the Sweet 16 for the first time in the modern era.

It will be a Pac-12 home game for Oregon with exactly what I expected, Cal and Oregon having formed an axis of evil.

SLU had a good turnout on Thursday, about half of a section. Oregon had a whole section +, which included Bill Walton in it.

Keys to victory: "Defend Rebound." Especially defend. Oklahoma State looked disinterested, played a lethargic game against Oregon, let Oregon shoot open 3's. Here's hoping SLU's Three Amigos play that Billiken tough in your face defense against the Oregon freshmen guards. Watching Oregon running free, I thought to myself that Oregon has not seen a defense like the one SLU plays.

Destiny awaits in San Jose. We will be there to support the Billikens.

Let's go Bills!

"I can't believe how confident they are over there, after all they lost to a terrible UW team that we beat 3 times."

http://ducksattack.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15320&sid=645bbfff09f74ae2e5a13df2b9208c30&start=15

I understand Oregon's confidence as I think they are a good team. They handled Ok. State and they are playing on the West Coast and will have a big crowd. However, the A-10 has been a top notch league this year. The A-10 teams in the tournament are showing how good they really are. SLU won the A-10 season title and won the A-10 Tourney. We beat Butler 3 times (by an average margin of victory of almost 10 points). We beat the "Havoc" of VCU twice (and an average margin of victory of 10 points) We beat LaSalle (who is showing how good they are) by 24 points!

We have some of the best guards in the country and we have one of the top defenses in the country.

Yes, Oregon is a good team and we did lose to Washington. But, our 1st Team A-10 guard was not playing. Dwayne Evans was not playing All-American ball at the time and having his way with teams. Also, Grandy Glaze did not start or even play one minute in that game. Since Grandy has started the games, we are 15-1. I really like our chances and unless we have an off game, I don't see us losing.

We are also playing inspired ball for Rick Majerus. I'm sure the Oregon players will be confident coming into this game, but if I am any team left in this tournament I would want no part of playing the Billikens.

"I feel quite a bit more confident today than I did Thursday. OSU worried me because they had some real advantages, mostly their big strong guards, that I didn't think we would be able to slow down very easily. And St Louis just doesn't have guys like that, I feel like they're a better match up for us. If anything we'll have the physicality advantage. If we play defense & rebound like we did Thursday I think we'll come away with a comfortable win. And if we cut down on the turnovers & shoot better too then I don't think it will be close."

"Be nice to see Woods, Kazemi, and Carter stage a rebound, swat and dunk show... Hold their attention while the rest of the guys pick some pockets."

http://ducksattack.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15320&sid=2287323e686d5e4e0f28efeab2656df2&start=15

http://www.mercurynews.com/cal-bears/ci_22853667/ncaa-san-jose-notebook-cal-oregon-team-up

As SLU hopes to get in the new Big East, little did we know that the NCAA was going to embed SLU into the Pac-12 for the weekend.

This Pac-12 Axis of Evil is not surprising to yours truly. Supporters of Cal, the Chicago Cubs of the NCAA, promote the Pac-12, seeking support from Pac-12 rivals otherwise, as well as their fellow UC's, and root for other Pac-12 schools in the NCAA, save and except perhaps arch-rival Stanford. No question this will be a SLU road game today. Despite an impressive turnout of SLU fans, about 1/2 lower bowl section strong on Thursday, with #12 seed Cal here and being gifted 2 veritable home games, we will be greatly outnumbered. Cal should be in the NIT, at minimum time zones away even with its gift of an NCAA bid, and not a de facto NCAA home team. But it's all about the kids ... and filling seats in San Jose.

However, BE NOT AFRAID! SLU has the better team. What has Oregon ever done in hoops in the modern era? Bill Walton may have been sitting in the Oregon section in his green tai dye on Thursday, but Big Bill played for UCLA, not The O. This is Oregon, the land of trees and forests, and lots of rain. This is Oregon, the school of gawdy green and yellow colors, a cartoon Duck mascot, and cheerleaders in bikini type "uniforms." This is Oregon, gimmicks, attention grabbers. Why does Oregon have to grab attention? The reason is simple- it's Oregon. Oregon has to do something to get noticed. Let's end its dream today- Duck Season on a Saturday afternoon in San Jose.

S-L-U!

Let's go Bills!

Sweet 16 here we come!

The Round 2 win by those California Golden Bears, the Pride of the People's Republic, reportedly allowed the Bears to stay 2 extra nights in the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose. Hopefully and probably this was at the expense of the NCAA. Otherwise, given the California State budget crunch, our hard earned taxpayers' dollars may have been better spent having those sturdy Golden Bears hibernating in their dorm rooms in Berkeley, and commuting on the bus 45 miles back and forth up and down the 880. Presumably, the Bears did not charter a flight from Oakland to San Jose, nor a water vessel on the Bay.

Meanwhile, our Billikens are housed in The Hilton at the San Jose Convention Center, which they are sharing with Syracuse.

Let's beat Oregon and put this Pac-12 rubbish to rest.

"I feel quite a bit more confident today than I did Thursday. OSU worried me because they had some real advantages, mostly their big strong guards, that I didn't think we would be able to slow down very easily. And St Louis just doesn't have guys like that, I feel like they're a better match up for us. If anything we'll have the physicality advantage. If we play defense & rebound like we did Thursday I think we'll come away with a comfortable win. And if we cut down on the turnovers & shoot better too then I don't think it will be close."

"Be nice to see Woods, Kazemi, and Carter stage a rebound, swat and dunk show... Hold their attention while the rest of the guys pick some pockets."

http://ducksattack.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15320&sid=2287323e686d5e4e0f28efeab2656df2&start=15

No way the Ducks will have a physicality advantage. SLU is among the most physical teams in the country and the Ducks are not close to that. One of the dumber observations from the northwest.

No way the Ducks will have a physicality advantage. SLU is among the most physical teams in the country and the Ducks are not close to that. One of the dumber observations from the northwest.

"From what I've gleaned, the St Louis backcourt while not as large as OkSt, plays much more physical. I think the team physicality is about a push but we do have a bit of a speed/quickness edge."

Sort of like NMST saying the defenses SLU played this year were not as fast as they were. Not sure why people perceive SLU to be a bunch of lumbering, non-physical players.